Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scraaaaazy is offline Waterboy

BrInt Favre Killed The Vikings Season

BrINT had two options wide open. A first down pass to the flat (wide open) or a run for 5-10 yards (Wide Open). Longwell is the most accurate kicker in the entire NFL over 50 yards. Even if Favre falls down on the ball, Longwell makes the kick and the Vikings are in the big dance. I mean, Favre, singlehandedly KILLED the Vikings with his selfish, unnecessary, ill advised pass across his body into triple coverage. And what's really amazing, in that the reason he came back was to stick it to Ted Thompson and prove he could make exactly that throw/decision. He came back to show the world that he was not a choker and he wasn't going to be remembered for Killing the Packers with his BrINT in the NFCCG. Well, he won't be remembered for that now. He'll be remembered for doing it twice in 3 years. HE KILLED THE VIKINGS SEASON!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: BrInt Favre Killed The Vikings Season

Slap yourself

scraaaaazy is offline Waterboy

Slap myself?
    Favre is the only one to blame. Chilly did his job. He called a play where Favre had a 1st down in the flat wide open, or 5-10 yards running it. Everyone did their job to create these 2 viable options. But Favre instead throws it into triple coverage. Instead if celebrating the Vikings 1st ever Super Bowl appearance, Favre throws one of his patented BrINTs that kills the Vikings season. Everyone did their job but Brett Favre. The best thing for the Vikings is for him to go back to the swamp and ride the tractor and stay there. Sorry, it's true.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Would not have been their without Favre.
    We're bringing purple back.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Brett Favre didn't fumble on the Saints 10 late in the game. Berrian did. And Farve sure as heck wasn't the 12th man in that huddle. Would you rather he weren't here so we could go 8-8 (maybe) with Tarvaris Rosenfels QBing the team?
    Brett Farve turned Sidney Rice into an elite reciever and gave him a confidence in himself that may have been missing. Favre put the O on his shoulders when AP couldn't even get to the line of scrimmage. To say he killed the season is as dumb as thinking we would even be in that game if he weren't here.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

Re:BrInt Favre Killed The Vikings Season

I think someone's trolling and trying too hard to stir things up.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

There were many contributing factors to the loss. Many plays and many decisions had a part in it. Certain plays seem worse than others because they happened towards the end but the Peterson fumble before halftime and the Harvin fumble that gave the Saints 7 points were probably larger contributions to the loss than the Favre INT. My reasoning is that, without the Peterson fumble the Vikings get AT LEAST 3 points before half. Without the Harvin fumble, the Saints are not in such good field position for 7 of their points. If Favre did not throw that INT, Longwell has a shot but we have no idea if he actually would have made it.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We're bringing purple back.

keystonevike is offline Starter

gregair13 wrote:
    LMAO.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

scraaaaazy wrote:
    I mean, Favre, singlehandedly KILLED the Vikings with his selfish, unnecessary, ill advised pass across his body into triple coverage. HE KILLED THE VIKINGS SEASON!
    Ill advised - probably but hindsight is a wonderful thing but killed the season? nope. There were more than just his mistake in that game that lost it for the Vikes - that includes lack of pressure on Brees, turnovers, penalties, poor officiating - all of which combined to make the loss.

If you don't like Favre fine but at least be objective about him. I'm happy to admit I didn't want him here for this season but I won't blame him and and say he killed the season for us when he didn't. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but making comments like that with no basis in reality is just plain stupid.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast