Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Prophet Guest

    Bring back Tice!

    Dont' panic, I'm not talking about as HC.
    There is no doubt in my mind that our O-line has talent on it.
    They have talent and depth and appear to be having problems.
    Mike Tice was a good O-line coach.
    The problem is in the coaching of the o-line, not in the o-line itself.

  2. #2
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    I would hope a guy like Mckinnie a guy like Birk, and a guy like Hutch being an tenured as they are would not take much coaching.

    I think there is a breakdown on coaching, I have a stinking feeling it has to do with Brad Childress not wanting to utilize his offensive cordinator. Having been one himself, he has said the O is his baby. I think there issues that need to be worked out with Brad and our OC.

  3. #3
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    i agree, we do have the talent there to be one of the best o-lines int he league but something is wrong, the offense really needs to come together and soon, in all reality..we should be 4-0, not 2-2, i am not worried as it will come together but just hope it is soon, bye week coming
    up so maybe will help as they work on things
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  4. #4
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    i know brad is the HC and i would like to just see him over look the whole team and let the offensive cord., do the play calling but i know the is just wishful thinking, but hope they work it out soon
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  5. #5
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    Here's one of the problems.
    Birk is calling the shots.
    I know this won't be popular,
    Birk is the leader and has been called on how many false starts so far this year?
    Hutchinson should be the leader on the O-line.
    I know that probably nobody will agree with me, but I don't care.
    That's how I see it from my armchair.

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Here's one of the problems.
    Birk is calling the shots.
    I know this won't be popular,
    Birk is the leader and has been called on how many false starts so far this year?
    Hutchinson should be the leader on the O-line.
    I know that probably nobody will agree with me, but I don't care.
    That's how I see it from my armchair.
    Birk leads the offensive line in penalties. I don't know how well handing control over to Hutch would go, but Birk has definately been a dissapointment so far this season. He is capable of better. I wonder what shots Birk actually calls? The blocking schemes are determined by the play call which I doubt he has anything to do with. I think the most controll he has is pointing out sams and blitzes.


  7. #7
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Here's one of the problems.
    Birk is calling the shots.
    I know this won't be popular,
    Birk is the leader and has been called on how many false starts so far this year?
    Hutchinson should be the leader on the O-line.
    I know that probably nobody will agree with me, but I don't care.
    That's how I see it from my armchair.
    Birk leads the offensive line in penalties. I don't know how well handing control over to Hutch would go, but Birk has definately been a dissapointment so far this season. He is capable of better. I wonder what shots Birk actually calls? The blocking schemes are determined by the play call which I doubt he has anything to do with. I think the most controll he has is pointing out sams and blitzes.

    Based on the articles/interviews Hutchinson is being somewhat submissive because he's the newbie and Birk was the recognized leader on the O-line.
    Hutchinson was the lead on the O-line in Seattle (based on one article) and he has fire in his eyes.
    Something that is missing from the O-line, McKinnie only has fire when he's cooking up some Brats for an afternoon snack.
    We need someone leading the line on the field that knows the game and wants to maim people in the process.
    Hutchinson is the man, get the boys fired up as they approach the line and own the bastards coming at them.

  8. #8
    TxViking is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    18

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    Whew!!!
    OLine coach okay - had me worried for moment there...

  9. #9
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Here's one of the problems.
    Birk is calling the shots.
    I know this won't be popular,
    Birk is the leader and has been called on how many false starts so far this year?
    Hutchinson should be the leader on the O-line.
    I know that probably nobody will agree with me, but I don't care.
    That's how I see it from my armchair.
    Birk leads the offensive line in penalties. I don't know how well handing control over to Hutch would go, but Birk has definately been a dissapointment so far this season. He is capable of better. I wonder what shots Birk actually calls? The blocking schemes are determined by the play call which I doubt he has anything to do with. I think the most controll he has is pointing out sams and blitzes.

    Based on the articles/interviews Hutchinson is being somewhat submissive because he's the newbie and Birk was the recognized leader on the O-line.
    Hutchinson was the lead on the O-line in Seattle (based on one article) and he has fire in his eyes.
    Something that is missing from the O-line, McKinnie only has fire when he's cooking up some Brats for an afternoon snack.
    We need someone leading the line on the field that knows the game and wants to maim people in the process.
    Hutchinson is the man, get the boys fired up as they approach the line and own the bastards coming at them.
    Ah I see what you are saying. Yeah I agree completely. I don't care if your smart and went Ivy league just shut up and play ball. Put a hurting on someone. It's a delicate balance with ego's. I imagine even moreso when dealing with millionairs. When do you put in the new guy as the leader?

  10. #10
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Bring back Tice!

    another point is that hasnt played for two years now and it will take time to get back on track and if steve was calling it would be alot better i think, birk is still god but needs time to get back in to the swing of things and its time that we cant afford to lose much more because of the offensive line, i am not saying it is only the offensive line as the recievers are dropping alot of balls too that they should catch, i still say, bring in carter from the practice squad and see what he can do, couldnt hurt anything
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bring Back C Mac D
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
  2. Bring back VikingsTW
    By Purple Floyd in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
  3. Bring back Culpepper?
    By Big C in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:12 AM
  4. Bring back Ed White!
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
  5. BRING BUD BACK, BRING BUD BACK!
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 05:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •