Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kyleburkle is offline Rookie
    i was downtown minni when minnesota passed on manziel I think everyone colletively said what the hell.
    Watched bridgewater tape and pro day, he is not accurate, he is going to have ponder like problems.
    Except bridgewater is slower. Bridgewater is an awful pick. Speilman is a complete buffon.
    None

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    If you notice it says He will compete and if he is the best QB then he will start. Nowhere in that article does it say he is expected to start this year. I watched Zimmers interview as well as Spielmans, heard it from their own mouths there is no pressure on him. But im sure Norv will find out what each of these QBs can do in next couple of months.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    i was downtown minni when minnesota passed on manziel I think everyone colletively said what the hell.
    Watched bridgewater tape and pro day, he is not accurate, he is going to have ponder like problems.
    Except bridgewater is slower. Bridgewater is an awful pick. Speilman is a complete buffon.
    I want you to tell the world what you would have done differently in the situation? Teddy Bridgewater was widely regarded as the best QB in the draft before his draft day, a lot of mocks even had him going before Clowney. We gave up essentially a 4th round pick for him. We could have taken Manziel, but do you really want someone who stayed up until 5am partying in NYC after he was drafted? He was in LA last night partying as well. Bridgewater was spending the last couple days hanging out with our players.

10258396_643047312430771_3303779036838075911_n.jpg

We could have skipped the QB altogether and picked up some more defense. Who was available at the time of our second pick that you would have taken? And then, who would you have taken as the quarterback later? The fact is, we needed a top tier quarterback - until he had a bad pro day, he was regarded as THE top tier quarterback. I'd much rather be on board with the professional opinions of our coaching staff and front office than the fans. Nobody thought Ponder would succeed, and he didn't. 90% of the community thinks Bridgewater will succeed.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    I want you to tell the world what you would have done differently in the situation? Teddy Bridgewater was widely regarded as the best QB in the draft before his draft day, a lot of mocks even had him going before Clowney. We gave up essentially a 4th round pick for him. We could have taken Manziel, but do you really want someone who stayed up until 5am partying in NYC after he was drafted? He was in LA last night partying as well. Bridgewater was spending the last couple days hanging out with our players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10258396_643047312430771_3303779036838075911_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	552

We could have skipped the QB altogether and picked up some more defense. Who was available at the time of our second pick that you would have taken? And then, who would you have taken as the quarterback later? The fact is, we needed a top tier quarterback - until he had a bad pro day, he was regarded as THE top tier quarterback. I'd much rather be on board with the professional opinions of our coaching staff and front office than the fans. Nobody thought Ponder would succeed, and he didn't. 90% of the community thinks Bridgewater will succeed.
    +1

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Teddy Bridgewater was widely regarded as the best QB in the draft before his draft day, a lot of mocks even had him going before Clowney.
    Meant pro day, not draft day.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    Three years at Louisville his completion rate was 68.4% and he had 72 TD against only 24 pics. QB rating of 157.2. Yep, he's inaccurate all right. I wish Ponder was that inaccurate.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Three years at Louisville his completion rate was 68.4% and he had 72 TD against only 24 pics. QB rating of 157.2. Yep, he's inaccurate all right. I wish Ponder was that inaccurate.
    Louisville is in one of the weakest divisions in the NCAA.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I've heard that. Guy can only "dance with what brung him". Regardless, the comment was made that he was not an accurate passer and the statistics don't bear that out. And he managed to play pretty well in bowl games against "superior" competition.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Hope he do beat out cassel who thought Kaepernick was gon beat out Smith or Wilson beat out Flynn and Jackson this could be a good QB especially wit they type of offense
    My brain is going to explode after reading that post.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    My brain is going to explode after reading that post.
    You need to hang out here more, it will become easier to read with time.

I have even quoted to re-write his post if he had a great point. Not too often, but it has happened. I wish he would proof read what he writes and use the spell checker more, your point should always be the first thing others react to, not how you chose to present it.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast