Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

bridgewater will be expected to start

bridgewater will be expected to start ...everyone know ponder is just a body ...cassel could be a starter but from what i have read and heard he not the answer.
    im sure teddy has read and heard the same ...by not drafting someone to come in and really compete ..what is the message we are sending ...

he will have to earn the job by beating out cassel ...so if cassel starts then we go with him ...im sure zimmer isnt the type of coach to jerk his qb ..unless he bombs ....and cassel wont bomb ..we will win with his solid play and defence ...

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I'd hope for and expect a legitimate open condition. My best guess is Cassel will start this season and I'd be just fine with that.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    You are wrong. Cassel will start, unless Bridgewater absolutely blows the coaches away. Bridgewater will sit this entire season barring an injury or the Vikings completely being out of the playoff race. Give him time to get practice reps in, study film, learn the playbook, get acclimated to the speed of the NFL game. There is absolutely no hurry to rush him in. The fact that he was taken in the 1st round is meaningless.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    You are wrong. Cassel will start, unless Bridgewater absolutely blows the coaches away. Bridgewater will sit this entire season barring an injury or the Vikings completely being out of the playoff race. Give him time to get practice reps in, study film, learn the playbook, get acclimated to the speed of the NFL game. There is absolutely no hurry to rush him in. The fact that he was taken in the 1st round is meaningless.
    That is the expectation. Things get a bit dicey if the Vikings start out 1-5, which is a real possibility. The three choices at that point would be, stick with Cassel, start Ponder, or start Teddy. All three are bad choices, the way I see it.
    Ideally, Teddy sits all year, and maybe gets a few snaps in mop up duty. Ponder doesn't see the field.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Bridgewater will not be expected to start this year. Only way he starts is if he picks up Norvs offense quickly and blows the coaches away, or if Cassell and Ponder both are injured. I expect Cassell will thrive under Norvs offense. Cassell may not be the answer for future that is why they drafted Teddy, but I expect he will have to win the job.

iowa is offline Rookie
    i hope teddy gets to sit this year, he needs to add a little bulk and study the game. i wouldn't be upset if he sat until the new stadium is finished, unless cassel is really stinking up the place. it seemed to do rodgers a lot of good being able to ride the bench for a few years. i just don't want him rushed out there before he's ready.
    None

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    well i dont have the link but he is expected to start ..he is expected to win the starting qb job...read and do a little research

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    according to somebody that matters?
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

bridgewater will be expected to start

Hope he do beat out cassel who thought Kaepernick was gon beat out Smith or Wilson beat out Flynn and Jackson this could be a good QB especially wit they type of offense

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast