Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Bridgewater and The Long Ball

Sounds like Norv thinks Teddy can make all the throws ... even the long balls that folks thought he'd struggle with. I can't wait for the season to start. I think it's going to be a fun year. We should be better on both sides of the ball.
    Norv Turner: Bridgewater can make every throw | ProFootballTalk

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Be prepared to be disappointed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm an optimist, so I don't think I CAN...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

We should all be more than prepared being Viking fans.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    We should all be more than prepared being Viking fans.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    The opening line to date night with C Mac D
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 06-28-2014 at 08:18 AM.

I have a feeling we are going to be surprised in a good way.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I have a feeling we are going to be surprised in a good way.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

Here's an interesting look at the roster/depth chart from a quality perspective. These are the guys who pretty much brought sabre-metrics to the NFL, so there is data to back up these rankings.

According to their stats, it looks like we're sitting pretty damn good on Offense in general. Our OL features 3 High Quality starters from C all through the right side, and an above average with potential for a break out year from a hopefully healthy Kalil at LT. Obviously, we have one elite player and his name is Adrian, but really, the entire starting offense is above average with only 2 exceptions: Charlie at LG, and whoever our starting QB ends up being.

We brought in rookie competition for both of those spots, and if they work out well, in theory, our entire offense will be above average. The point I'm trying to get to here is that even average QB play in an improved scheme should propel our offense to a top ten or better performance.

And, while Cassel's vet presence may get us started, his career averages of 59% completions and roughly 3TDs/2INTs is probably about what we'll get. IF Teddy B's accuracy in shorts translates to full speed on field football, it might just be enough to turn our sputtering offense into one of the best in the league...and that would be a pleasant surprise for us, and not so pleasant for the rest of the division and NFL!?!

That would leave the big IF on Defense, as in IF Zimmer can just turn some of our average defenders into slightly above average, we may be looking at a pretty durn close to complete team.

Here is the link to the previous page where they explain their methods a bit...
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-depth-charts/
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

Here's an interesting look at the roster/depth chart from a quality perspective. These are the guys who pretty much brought sabre-metrics to the NFL, so there is data to back up these rankings.

According to their stats, it looks like we're sitting pretty damn good on Offense in general. Our OL features 3 High Quality starters from C all through the right side, and an above average with potential for a break out year from a hopefully healthy Kalil at LT. Obviously, we have one elite player and his name is Adrian, but really, the entire starting offense is above average with only 2 exceptions: Charlie at LG, and whoever our starting QB ends up being.

We brought in rookie competition for both of those spots, and if they work out well, in theory, our entire offense will be above average. The point I'm trying to get to here is that even average QB play in an improved scheme should propel our offense to a top ten or better performance.

And, while Cassel's vet presence may get us started, his career averages of 59% completions and roughly 3TDs/2INTs is probably about what we'll get. IF Teddy B's accuracy in shorts translates to full speed on field football, it might just be enough to turn our sputtering offense into one of the best in the league...and that would be a pleasant surprise for us, and not so pleasant for the rest of the division and NFL!?!

That would leave the big IF on Defense, as in IF Zimmer can just turn some of our average defenders into slightly above average, we may be looking at a pretty durn close to complete team.

Here is the link to the previous page where they explain their methods a bit...
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-depth-charts/
    +1 This year should be fun. Can't wait for football to start.

phaninphx is offline Training Camp
    [QUOTE=mountainviking;1155152]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

I loved that link, thanks so much for posting. And now onto some humble commentary:

I have a feeling that Audie Cole and David Yankey will be starters by Thanksgiving. Audie always seems to do well when given the opportunity. He still hasn't quite shaken the stigma of being a 7th rounder. I watched David Yankey play my Sun Devils twice last year and that man is an absolute boulder. I can't believe he fell to the fifth round. Oh well, lucky us!
    Was Chad Greenway really that bad last year? He was NFL's top 100 players two years ago, for crying out loud.
    Also, I feel that Patterson, Floyd, Rhodes, Rudolph and Harrison will easily make it to the next level by the end of this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast