Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater!!!

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    fu***** SPIELMAN IS OUT OF CONTROL ,IN YEARS PAST IT WORKED JUMPING BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST FOR PLAYERS YOY SAY WE WANT HIM...SO WHAT HE IS SAY BUY DOING THIS IS IM ALL IN ON BRIDGEWATER ...HIS REPUTATATION AS A GM IS RIDING ON THIS MOVE ...VIKIS MUST BE HIGH ON THIS KID ...HEY MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AT OUR SECOND PICK DICK...OR WHO WAS SECOND ON UR BOARD ...THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A B OPTION...BUT HE WENT ALL IN ...POUNDED THE TABLE GAVE AWAY 2ND AND 4TH PIC FOR HIM ...GEEEZ

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    fu***** SPIELMAN IS OUT OF CONTROL ,IN YEARS PAST IT WORKED JUMPING BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST FOR PLAYERS YOY SAY WE WANT HIM...SO WHAT HE IS SAY BUY DOING THIS IS IM ALL IN ON BRIDGEWATER ...HIS REPUTATATION AS A GM IS RIDING ON THIS MOVE ...VIKIS MUST BE HIGH ON THIS KID ...HEY MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AT OUR SECOND PICK DICK...OR WHO WAS SECOND ON UR BOARD ...THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A B OPTION...BUT HE WENT ALL IN ...POUNDED THE TABLE GAVE AWAY 2ND AND 4TH PIC FOR HIM ...GEEEZ
    What. Essentially only gave up a 4th rounder to move up 9 spots to grab him. Seems like good trade to me. Now can only hope he pans out.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I talked to a friend who is a Browns fan yesterday and he seemed to like our QB choice better.

He also brought up a good point: The Seahawks did not Just draft Russell Wilson and call it good. They also brought in Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Flynn etc and had a no hold barred competition for the top spot. Surprisingly, Wilson won and took them to a Superbowl 2 years later.

See also, PHI Eagles: It didn't matter that they had McNabb, Reid still brought in Feeley. When they already had Vick, they brought in Foles. How many 2nd tier QBs did Reid trade away for top tier picks?

The point is, I hope Spielman has learned to take off the blinders, and keep looking at QBs, just in case his guy does not develop as hoped. If you get to the point where you think you have 2 starters, you can most likely trade one away for some good picks. I like Teddy, but I am not against drafting another QB this year or next to keep our depth at the position growing.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    People think we sold the farm. Seriously. We gave up one forth round pick to get a player that during all of college football season (the time that actually matters) was ranked #1 on many mock draft boards. We gave up a forth to get a possible star. Get over it. #TeddyTime

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    People think we sold the farm. Seriously. We gave up one forth round pick to get a player that during all of college football season (the time that actually matters) was ranked #1 on many mock draft boards. We gave up a forth to get a possible star. Get over it. #TeddyTime
    #TeddyTime. Man why you have to say that, now next time I tell my wife its "teddy time" I will see Bridgewaters face.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Vikings Teddy sales should have a windfall!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I was nosing around and came across a link to Teddy's high school highlight video.
    I know it's only high school, and has little relevance, but it is fun to watch.
    Throwback Thursday: Teddy Bridgewater's Jaw-Dropping High School Highl

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    I believe it was Norv who pounded the table telling them to take Teddy. By moving back into the first, they get the 5th year option if Teddy does pan out. Spielman has been fantastic in the three drafts he has had total control of. Much rather have him doing it than a screaming pessimistic fan drafting for us.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by b_sandhar_29 View Post
    +1. Don't understand the negativity. We got a quality player at nine and arguably the best QB in this class for essentially our 4th round pick. This guy is the polar opposite of ponder. That alone, makes me happy enough.
    Excellent posts smegma and sandhar
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I was nosing around and came across a link to Teddy's high school highlight video.
    I know it's only high school, and has little relevance, but it is fun to watch.
    Throwback Thursday: Teddy Bridgewater's Jaw-Dropping High School Highl
    Teddy Bridgewater really couldn't throw a spiral in HS.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast