Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater!!!

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    For cryin' out load, to all the Bridgewater haters.....besides Johnny, who the hell do you want? None of the rest of the guys in this draft are anywhere near Bridgwater's class. Including Manziel. Defenses will take Johnny's first look away, hem him in the pocket, and clobber him. The boy is not Favre, Tark, Brees, or Wilson because he lacks the pocket skills to play NFL qb. Bridgewater has been reading defenses and going through progressions his whole college career.
    I will joint your band wagon. Johnny , i do not believe, will last long before something bad happens. I dont think he will last as long as RGIII did before he got blowed up.
    I fully expected the Vikings to go all defense and one secondary project QB. Well thats not what we got and i am glad they are taking a shot. Are we in for 3 more years of shit play from our QB? I hope not, but now that we are here (not that I can change any of it) Bridgewater is the man.
    I think it is a 50/50 deal, we might be on the better end for a change.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

mamaluke is offline Starter
    I like the kid and think it was a good pick-up. One concern I do have, as someone else also mentioned, is how he is going to handle playing out in the cold and the elements. If I am not mistaken we have 2-3 years before the new stadium is ready. Holding onto the ball maybe another concern especially in the cold. If I not mistaken Culpepper also had small hands and had difficulty at times, and he was playing in the dome. We shall see. Overall I think he will do just fine, smart kid and seems like a hard worker.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Ok watched his presser and intro as a Viking. He seems to be psyched to be a Viking. Seems this is where he wanted to be drafted to. I had and have some concerns, but I sure hope he proves me wrong..

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaluke View Post
    I like the kid and think it was a good pick-up. One concern I do have, as someone else also mentioned, is how he is going to handle playing out in the cold and the elements. If I am not mistaken we have 2-3 years before the new stadium is ready. Holding onto the ball maybe another concern especially in the cold. If I not mistaken Culpepper also had small hands and had difficulty at times, and he was playing in the dome. We shall see. Overall I think he will do just fine, smart kid and seems like a hard worker.
    What size hands did Culpepper have. Bride's hands are small relative to who. The guy didn't have a problem in college with fumbles or turnovers.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    A 3rd Rd QB? Come on people, Bridgewater was rated the top QB in this draft until his pro day when he didn't wear a glove on this throwing hand. That to me was a blessing in disguise because it allowed him to slip and it allowed the Vikings to trade up and get him.

Bridgewater played in a pro style offense at Louisville and was deemed the most pro ready QB in this draft by many analysts leading up to the draft. Watch any highlight on the kid and he will open up your eyes. He can hang in the pocket, can move side to side, he reads defenses very well, and he can certainly throw the ball.

Sure Manziel would have been the sexy pick because of his reputation, but to think that Bridgewater was a reach in the 1st rd, or that he was a 3rd Rd QB is absurd. Not to long ago their was a discussion that he could go #1 overall to the Texans. Give him time to sit and learn and I think he will be just fine.

iowa is offline Rookie
    i don't think teddy was a bad pick, in fact we got a hell of a deal selecting him where we did. i would have rather had johnny, i just thought he had rare skills and the "it" factor. teddy definitely doesn't get rattled under pressure and he's accurate so i'm optimistic that he'll do well.
    None

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    By the accounts I've read Bridgewater is a gym rat and studies a lot of film. Complete opposite for Manziel. Rarely if ever studies film and was not a hard worker. All the things that make a solid NFL qb are in Bridgewater's favor. Manziel's only claim is his "improvisional" skills. Can't make a living in the NFL doing that.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We got Bortles?
    Neither have taken a NFL snap. In college it isn't even close.
    Bortles will bust at 3. Teddy may bust at 32! But Teddy was the best college QB in the draft. And he is a Viking.
    The draft is the zenith of optimism for teams who have never made it to the promise land.
    You can at least be optimistic until some games are played, and the Vikings are out of the play off hunt, can't you?
    Guess not.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We got Bortles?
    Neither have taken a NFL snap. In college it isn't even close.
    Bortles will bust at 3. Teddy may bust at 32! But Teddy was the best college QB in the draft. And he is a Viking.
    The draft is the zenith of optimism for teams who have never made it to the promise land.
    You can at least be optimistic until some games are played, and the Vikings are out of the play off hunt, can't you?
    Guess not.
    +1. Don't understand the negativity. We got a quality player at nine and arguably the best QB in this class for essentially our 4th round pick. This guy is the polar opposite of ponder. That alone, makes me happy enough.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am kind of on the same page as you here.

I don't really mind the picks. I think we could end up very happy. But I also think that it is entirely possible that in three years neither of these guys are starting and it looks pretty damn bad.

I like Bridgewater. All of the tape and the numbers suggest he should be good. But I don't trust his head. You are a head case if you cannot look good on your Pro Day. It is really that simple.

I disagree with the assertion some have made that Bridgewater will sit for two years. There is NO DOUBT he HAS to be the starter by game one 2015 for this to be a good pick.
    I coulds EASILY see someone becoming more rattled on a Pro day than almost any other. Hells bells, you've got scores of NFL execs eyeballing YOU, evaluating YOU. You don't have the luxury of burying yourself in a game, or getting lost in the noise of the crowd - just the background mumbles of people who are going to decide your fate.

Second, IIRC Aaron Rodgers turned out pretty good...for a guy who sat for THREE seasons. I don't care how long they sit Teddy, as long as the final product WORKS. I would PREFER to give him a couple seasons - and Cassell can keep the ship afloat that long. Rushing him out too soon simply gives us (yet another) Tarvaris jackson or Christian Ponder. Seen enough of that crap.

Caine

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast