Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater!!!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Bridgewater!!!

Not all that long ago Teddy was generally regarded as the best QB of this draft class because of his performances on the field. At the end of the day that's the place where it really matters, right?

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    Not all that long ago Teddy was generally regarded as the best QB of this draft class because of his performances on the field. At the end of the day that's the place where it really matters, right?
    THat is a very good point. There was a time before the combine that Teddy was rated the bonifide number one qb, even a possible number one pick of the Texans. Let's say Teddy has a very good pro day, then what? I'd say he'd have gone in the top 10 to 12. The media can destroy a guys position like possibly Teddy or put someone like Jamarus Russell in the top 5 off of a great pro day when he was not talked about at all before. We'll see on Teddy. He surely will have a great opportunity as Ponder did with so much attention paid to Adrian. I always said if you can't beat 8 or 9 in the box consistently your dead, like Ponder.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    THat is a very good point. There was a time before the combine that Teddy was rated the bonifide number one qb, even a possible number one pick of the Texans. Let's say Teddy has a very good pro day, then what? I'd say he'd have gone in the top 10 to 12. The media can destroy a guys position like possibly Teddy or put someone like Jamarus Russell in the top 5 off of a great pro day when he was not talked about at all before. We'll see on Teddy. He surely will have a great opportunity as Ponder did with so much attention paid to Adrian. I always said if you can't beat 8 or 9 in the box consistently your dead, like Ponder.
    If Teddy had a stellar Pro Day, he probably is in Jacksonville right now, and we either have Bortles at 8 or no QB at all... OR Carr, whom I am not sold on.

All in all, it comes down to game time. Either Bridgewater will be a stud eventually or he won't. If this happened 3 months ago, 90% of the people here would have been stoked. Let's just forget the last 3 months and move on, since it doesn't matter a hill of beans now.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    In a very weak conference. Bottom line, "not that long ago" just doesn't matter anymore.

Tebow was a great QB in college too. As was Ryan Leaf. Akili Smith. Jamarcus Russell... all because they played great in college. Get my drift?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    In a very weak conference. Bottom line, "not that long ago" just doesn't matter anymore.

Tebow was a great QB in college too. As was Ryan Leaf. Akili Smith. Jamarcus Russell... all because they played great in college. Get my drift?
    Not really; you can fit Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and RGIII into that same sentence.

No one really thought Tebow was a first round guy expect the GM in Denver; Teddy has just as many people who think we got value for him as think we took him too high. If its this evenly divided, we took him right where he belongs, in my opinion.

EVERY QB is a crap shoot, as the position has so many intangibles, you can never really tell if they will be a lock or not.

Look, we got the defensive player Zimmer wanted it sounds like, and we got a 50/50 QB NOT in the top 15, unlike Ponder. We also didn't give up the farm for him, which I am extremely thankful for; getting Manziel would have both made me happy and angry (for what we had to give up to get him).
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    obviously the coaching staff liked manziel better, they tried to trade back at #22 to take him, it didn't work so we settled for teddy.
    The Vikings tried to trade back up, but we do not know if that was for Manziel or Bridgewater.

Both Bridgewater and the Vikings coaches have made statements that would indicate the Vikings were high on Teddy.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    For cryin' out load, to all the Bridgewater haters.....besides Johnny, who the hell do you want? None of the rest of the guys in this draft are anywhere near Bridgwater's class. Including Manziel. Defenses will take Johnny's first look away, hem him in the pocket, and clobber him. The boy is not Favre, Tark, Brees, or Wilson because he lacks the pocket skills to play NFL qb. Bridgewater has been reading defenses and going through progressions his whole college career.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Bridgewater!!!

Manziel couldn't read a defense if his life depend on it and i like the vikings chances gambling on a QB that Turner want than Frazier

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

We had to get a QB, Bridgewater has as much chance of success (or being a bust) as any of the others. I'm being optimistic, you have to get one right sooner or later! Hopefully Cassell doesn't turn into McNabb and Teddy can get time to sit and learn.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I also don't get those commenting on Bridgewater's size. He's a body builder compared to Manziel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast