Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater!!!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Manziel was my favorite, though that might surprise people.

Anyway, as I said in another thread, Bridgewater seemed to be the guy Turner liked the most, and if we are going to trust our shiny new (to us) coaches, we have to trust they know what they are doing. If I said I'm estatic we took Barr then Bridgewater, you know I was lying through my teeth.

I REALLY wanted us to TRADE FRIKKIN BACK. I think we could have gotten Barr in the teens if we really wanted him, plus additional picks.

There, I said it.

That being said, I like Barr, and I was extremely relieved we got Bridgewater when we didn't get Johnny. Unlike some of you, I think Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater are the best chances of succeeding at picking a QB, so at least we got one of them.

It remains to be seen if we got the right one. But I will say I was happy with the draft when it was over, though it was hard for me to watch at times.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Manziel couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. He's a one read, pull it down and improvise guy. Bridgewater can read a progression and deliver the ball from the pocket. He is the best fit.

iowa is offline Rookie
    obviously the coaching staff liked manziel better, they tried to trade back at #22 to take him, it didn't work so we settled for teddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Manziel couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. He's a one read, pull it down and improvise guy. Bridgewater can read a progression and deliver the ball from the pocket. He is the best fit.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    obviously the coaching staff liked manziel better, they tried to trade back at #22 to take him, it didn't work so we settled for teddy.
    The Browns gave up a third round pick along with their #26, which would mean we would probably have to lose BOTH of our third round and our second round picks to get the #22; even for a Manziel fan like me, it's too high of a price in this draft. We threw a small bone just in case no one else did, and moved on.

If we have traded BACK to the low 20's, we could have gotten Manziel plus a defensive stud. Perhaps no one was willing to give up the worth, I don't know. I'm sure we will find out.

All in all, barring injury, I have high hopes for both these guys on our team. I will not criticize the picks, they are done and they aren't horrible choices. If they both work out, we are in a GREAT place for next year, and THAT is something we all can get behind.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    if the vikes wanted manziel, they should have taken him when they had the chance. rick put his career on the line with this move. if manziel turns out to be a star and teddy doesn't, it's all over for ol' ricky. i hope it all works out, but i can't say i'm not disappointed about not taking johnny.
    I think they wanted the CB Gilbert & they made the trade with the Browns thinking they'd take Manziel at 8 & they'd could nab Gilbert. When the Browns took Gilbert, we lost out & had to settle for Barr.
    Spielman was just on Sirius with Gannon. He explained the strategy and that they were targeting Barr...I think what you are thinking is off target.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

If we indeed were planing to take Manziel, which I have my doubts about, then I am glad that the Vikings front office and coaching staff was saved from themselves and making a huge mistake. Picking little Johnny and watching him flame out would be par for the course of our qb picking. I'd rather take my chances with Bridgewater.

If we indeed were planing to take Manziel, which I have my doubts about, then I am glad that the Vikings front office and coaching staff was saved from themselves and making a huge mistake. Picking little Johnny and watching him flame out would be par for the course of our qb picking. I'd rather take my chances with Bridgewater.
    Well, no one likes you and you smell funny. =)

Ehhh, not really... lol.

I liked Manziel, and now only time will tell who was right. Worst, we will never know what Turner could have done with him, so its probably a moot point.

It worked out how it worked out, and I'm not mourning the picks, just sad we didn't get the guy I liked. Sue me. =)

Well , the Browns are famous for first round qb picks! Probably the only team worse than us. Didn't they get Weeden and Quinn at 22?

Well , the Browns are famous for first round qb picks! Probably the only team worse than us. Didn't they get Weeden and Quinn at 22?
    Yeah, the fact that I knew we were competing with Cleveland for Manziel did NOT strengthen my argument for the kid, that's for sure. When 2 teams who are horrible at picking a QB are fighting OVER a QB, it doesn't bode well for the winner of that fight.

Either way, let's hope teams were scared off of Bridgewater by the heart thing, and in the weeks to come we start hearing from teams that they might have made a mistake not taking him earlier.

THAT would feel good!!

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Just because Aikman panned out under Turner, doesn't make him a guru. Don't mention Rivers. Rivers was already a damn good QB before Turner came on board.

How did he do with Schuler? Frerotte? Alex Smith? Campbell? Weeden? Not good sat all.
    What are you smoking.. Do you think Schuler was his pick or maybe Snyders. Frerotte was a 7th rd pick who had a decent and long NFL career. ! year with Alex Smith who does not fit what Norv likes in QBs. And to say he didn't get the most out of career backups in Cleveland last year is lunacy. Cleveland probably had best passing stats than they have had in years in one year under Norv. So to say just because this QB didn't succeed in Norvs offense doesn't mean anything. Would you consider Holmgren a QB guru, or maybe Bill Walsh. Did every QB that played for those 2 have stellar careers? Answer would be a resounding NO. Norv has proven for 30 yrs to be a very successful offensive mind and QB. Each QB who has played for Norv have had their best years with him or damn near it. Look up the stats.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast