Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater!!!

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I guess you did not like the pick.

Ponder was never rated as high as Bridgewater.
    Not sure your point, both are a reach.

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    High cost, but worth it. I think we just picked our franchise QB. We have 2 3rd to play with and I'm sure we can turn the 3-8 into extra picks if we want. Big time move for the right guy. Well done Rick. Norv gets his guy, Zimmer gets his.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Vikings drafted the best QB in the draft. I hope Cassel will play well enough to give the Vikings the luxury of letting him sit for a year and learn.
    They need to get him a guard and a few more defensive players before he starts.

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this! Nice work in the first round.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    From watching the tape, a few things stand out: 1) Bridgewater likes to move around inside the pocket and keep his eyes downfield; 2) his throwing motion gets the ball out quickly; 3) he wears gloves all of the time.

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Cyril Richardson?

tough one

Ponder was reeaaallll bad.
    Let's see first.
    None

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Bridgewater is a hometown hero here in Miami. Great job Vikings. This kid can really play. Skol

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    i'll admit that leading up to the draft i was hoping we would not take bridgewater, and was soldon the fact we'd prolly get Mett...whatshisname.. in the 2nd r 3rd round,

Norv is building his offence, this isn't me saying.. ohh i like this guys tangibles better, this guy is faster, his pro day was better. Norv i would believe knows more then me, has seen more of teddy then i have.

they spent time together in florida in private workouts, read in the Strib that Nov himself sat with teddy, coached him on the spot, and saw immediate improvement. if that can happen in just one private workout, imagine what these 2 can do in a full season, working him into the lead roll, and having someone with Cassells experience to work behind.

Maybe they wanted Johnny, maybe not, but if Norv told slick rick, don't let this guy get away (teddy), then we have gotten a QB that is accurate, can read D's, and polished off by a proven offensive coach.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Good trade and pick i think bridgewater will do good under turner QB guru coach
    Just because Aikman panned out under Turner, doesn't make him a guru. Don't mention Rivers. Rivers was already a damn good QB before Turner came on board.

How did he do with Schuler? Frerotte? Alex Smith? Campbell? Weeden? Not good sat all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast