Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Brian Williams reports to camp! But where's Chavous?..

I am so happy Williams and especially Chavous showed up. Now all we need it to get those first rounders there.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Why don't we ever get our first round picks signed before training camp starts? Its kinda ridiculous

Justin311 is offline Rookie

I hate to use the excuse that "this year it's different" but it is. Before the first camp opened last week only 2 or 3 first rounders were signed for any team. Since contracts aren't guaranteed 1st rounders and their agents usually play a chess game to see who signs where. This way they can look at that player's draft position and figure out how much of an upfront signing bonus to ask for. While Alex Smith signed no one anywhere near TW and EJ in the draft order have signed yet and chances are both they and the players around them are doing the same thing, waiting to see who signs and how much money they got to use as leverage for their demands.

In this case, its all about the money, but it doesn't bother me as much cause none of the other players around them have signed either.

Cadillac did just sign with the Bucs and he was number 5, two spots up fron TW so that could get the wheels spinning.

And the 14th pick also just signed, its still 4 spots away from EJ, but as more and more guys sign things will move alot quicker.

I expect both to be signed by mid-week. In the past 3 days as more and more camps opened up, signings have been fast and furious. But if they aren't by this time next week, I will raise holy hell

faninphx is offline Starter

As long as we have our first rounders in by early next week I think we'll be all right. I think we will, I don't see another B McKinnie situation. I think Tice hinted that one of them was REAL close to signing in the linked interview.

Vrehna is offline Rookie

Yeah, in his interview he said that one might be finishing up as he spoke, and the other one is not far behind. They will get done.

That right now is my biggest concern, closely followed by the attitudes of Brian Williams and Chavous. If those two can keep their heads on straight, and play the game as they are supposed to, it is going to be a very big ego boost for this team. Those two need to prove that they are ready, and can handle the situation dealt to them.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I hate hold outs! Get those guys signed damn!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"faninphx" wrote:
    As long as we have our first rounders in by early next week I think we'll be all right. I think we will, I don't see another B McKinnie situation. I think Tice hinted that one of them was REAL close to signing in the linked interview.
    a couple days ago on ESPN radio John Clayton siad that Erasmus is really close to signing.. :grin:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

they said on vikingupdate i think or startribune that erasmus is in the TC right now and waiting to sign the contract, so he could report to camp ASAP. Williamson is still in Florida though.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i'm very happy they showed up...shows they know they have the best shot of not only being noticed for next year free agency but that they have the best chance at winning the SB!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123