Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Brian Williams out for the opener?

In the paper today, DB Brian Williams had a strong practice on Thursday and Tice said he would be playing on Sunday. He also said that he would be playing dime and possibly the nickel.

Also Marcus Robinson has been doing well and practice and looks like he will be playing for sure on Sunday (famous last words).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Are we all forgetting Antoine Winfield, our best corner anyway? Irvin is decent but not that fast, I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on KeyShawn, and let Winfield cover faster guys like
    Bryant or Glenn. Still, I also heard he might see some action. I guess we'll see after the first two series if we really need him.

As far as this week, your receiver scare me alot less than a proven playmaker like OWens. The difference between him and Meshawn is Owens actual produces. Not to mention the disparity in quarterbacks. Donovan is just alittle better than 40 year old testaverde who led the Jets to a nice 0-4 start last season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"seekndestroy31" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    In the Star Trib today they are saying he will play on Sunday, but that he will only be used in dime packages or maybe nickel. I also heard this on a sports report last night.

Hope he plays, so that he starts to get into game shape because we will need him next week against Philly.
    Its a good thing Keyshawn, Glenn, Dedric Ward or even Antonio Bryant havent accomplished anything in this league

Your secondary has more a challenge this week than it does next

Outside of TO, there isnt a WR on the Eagles roster that would even make each of our respective rosters

An aging Ken Irvin..a green Rushen Jones and a CB that doesnt have confidence in his knee

No reason for concern of course..this game has already been won :roll:

What I ment by this is that we will play man on man against your receivers, but against TO we will probably double him and go man on man against the rest of their receivers.

If the Vikes coaching staff does do this then they will need Brian Williams healthy and able to play the whole game.

Was not trying to disparage your receivers, just the way I see it.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I fear Keyshawn far more than I fear TO

When a ball hits Keyshawn in the hands, he catches it. When a ball hits TO in the hands and not the chest first, there's a 90% chance he drops it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"seekndestroy31" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    In the Star Trib today they are saying he will play on Sunday, but that he will only be used in dime packages or maybe nickel. I also heard this on a sports report last night.

Hope he plays, so that he starts to get into game shape because we will need him next week against Philly.
    Its a good thing Keyshawn, Glenn, Dedric Ward or even Antonio Bryant havent accomplished anything in this league

Your secondary has more a challenge this week than it does next

Outside of TO, there isnt a WR on the Eagles roster that would even make each of our respective rosters

An aging Ken Irvin..a green Rushen Jones and a CB that doesnt have confidence in his knee

No reason for concern of course..this game has already been won :roll:
    I actually feel more confident with Rushen Jones or Rhett Nelson coming in for some playing time in this game. Williams injury has allowed them show their stuff in training camp and also get a little more experience in the preseason. I'm not saying they are shutdown corners by any means but that extra time they have gotten is better than nothing. They've done a pretty good job so far.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

This game has already been won, Part II

-- Onterrio Smith Expected to Run for 100 Yards --
    Fri Sep 10, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

<LI>The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith is expected to have a big game against the Cowboys. HC Mike Tice said, "I promise you this guy will get 100 yards this weekend."
    Im sure there is no way this will find it's way to our team bulletin board..

Keep talkin' Mikey...

"vikingstw" wrote:
    WTF was that, all wackthepack said was he hopes brian williams will play. What was up with bringing up your recievers that made no sense. Meshawn is nothing but mouth, he got his A$$ handed to him in the preseason against Dunta Robinson. Terry Glenn is ok but ageing, Ward is a nobody and Antonio Bryant is the best u guys have. I'm not worried about your recievers.

If i was you i would be worried about how your going to stop moss and then how your going to stop the run. You better get ready cause moss likes kickin your guys asses. I dont think the Cowboys are very good, You guys get all exited becasue the media builds your confidence. You'll see u cant hang with the big dogs after Sunday.
    My point was..unless Winfield can do the unthinkable and cover 4 WR's, there will be opportunities for our 3 other "no worries" WR's

Its the delivery system we have that make them better...but he's too old and will be target practice in the pocket

Again...I shouldnt even bother because this game has already been won

Mike Tice's comments that Onterrio Smith is gonna run for 100 or more yards against us (that I posted above this post)...

If I was a Vikes fan, I would order him a case of cans of STFU

And the media?..find 1 that thinks we win this game..just 1

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

It doesnt matter if u know whos gonna run on u hes still gonna do it. If its Moe or Smith whats the difference there still gonna run on u. I cant wait till Jimmy starts laying out your linebackers and opening wholes for the running game. U might just be surprised what this guy can do. If u want to game plan against moss i have no problem with that, if u only put 7 guys in the box and two deep safeties we are gonna run all over u.

"seekndestroy31" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    WTF was that, all wackthepack said was he hopes brian williams will play. What was up with bringing up your recievers that made no sense. Meshawn is nothing but mouth, he got his A$$ handed to him in the preseason against Dunta Robinson. Terry Glenn is ok but ageing, Ward is a nobody and Antonio Bryant is the best u guys have. I'm not worried about your recievers.

If i was you i would be worried about how your going to stop moss and then how your going to stop the run. You better get ready cause moss likes kickin your guys asses. I dont think the Cowboys are very good, You guys get all exited becasue the media builds your confidence. You'll see u cant hang with the big dogs after Sunday.
    My point was..unless Winfield can do the unthinkable and cover 4 WR's, there will be opportunities for our 3 other "no worries" WR's

Its the delivery system we have that make them better...but he's too old and will be target practice in the pocket

Mike Tice's comments that Onterrio Smith is gonna run for 100 or more yards against us (that I posted above this post)...

Jeez I guess I did not know we were playing only 1 corner and no safties, I guess this is a knew formation I never heard of.

seems to me we will be playing 2 corners and 2 safties and 3 linebackers in our normal formation.

Winfield will cover 1 person like he normally does and I feel sorry for your receivers because we have some hard hitting safties and corners.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "seekndestroy31" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:

Jeez I guess I did not know we were playing only 1 corner and no safties, I guess this is a knew formation I never heard of.

seems to me we will be playing 2 corners and 2 safties and 3 linebackers in our normal formation.

Winfield will cover 1 person like he normally does and I feel sorry for your receivers because we have some hard hitting safties and corners.
    thats right..we wont run 3 or 4 WR sets and get your nickel backs involved..it isnt in our playbook..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast