Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Looper is offline Waterboy

Brian Williams out for the opener?

Not sure if this is old news, maybe I just missed it before. But it looks like Brian Williams will sit out the first game.

According to Tice:
    "He practiced hard and he looks alright (physically), but he doesn't seem to have confidence in the knee," head coach Mike Tice said. The Vikings hoped Williams could be the No. 3 cornerback against Dallas, with Ken Irvin taking his place in the starting lineup for a week or two. But Wednesday's setback could mean second-year cornerback Rushen Jones will be pressed into action.

What does this do to our chances Sunday? Or the game plan?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Not alot Kenny is capable of doin the job, but rushen needs to come up big. If they have to i would like to see them sit him out for the Eagles game just to make sure his knee is good (as bad as i hate to say that).

Brian Williams is Pro Bowl bound but he needs to be full strength and that means letting that knee heal. But we will be ok in the secondary.

Hey vikingstw you still want Dom Davis, cuz i dont know who to enculde in the trade if you still want him hit me up.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully it will be only for one week that hes out, we need him big time fo the philly game. Its kinda of a good thing we let him sit out this one rather then injure it some more and mayb be lost for a very long time. One week shouldnt hurt right? :roll:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

In the Star Trib today they are saying he will play on Sunday, but that he will only be used in dime packages or maybe nickel. I also heard this on a sports report last night.

Hope he plays, so that he starts to get into game shape because we will need him next week against Philly.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Tice has said this preseason that he will not disclose as much to the media as he has in the past, maybe this is his attempt to put disinformation out there?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

UkViking is offline Rookie

I would sooner he was fit and well for the rest of the season than rush him back for the opener.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I read this afternoon that Williams practiced much better today, and is expected to see action at the nickel Sunday. Breathe a sigh of relief, all is well!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    In the Star Trib today they are saying he will play on Sunday, but that he will only be used in dime packages or maybe nickel. I also heard this on a sports report last night.

Hope he plays, so that he starts to get into game shape because we will need him next week against Philly.
    Its a good thing Keyshawn, Glenn, Dedric Ward or even Antonio Bryant havent accomplished anything in this league

Your secondary has more a challenge this week than it does next

Outside of TO, there isnt a WR on the Eagles roster that would even make each of our respective rosters

An aging Ken Irvin..a green Rushen Jones and a CB that doesnt have confidence in his knee

No reason for concern of course..this game has already been won :roll:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

WTF was that, all wackthepack said was he hopes brian williams will play. What was up with bringing up your recievers that made no sense. Meshawn is nothing but mouth, he got his A$$ handed to him in the preseason against Dunta Robinson. Terry Glenn is ok but ageing, Ward is a nobody and Antonio Bryant is the best u guys have. I'm not worried about your recievers.

If i was you i would be worried about how your going to stop moss and then how your going to stop the run. You better get ready cause moss likes kickin your guys asses. I dont think the Cowboys are very good, You guys get all exited becasue the media builds your confidence. You'll see u cant hang with the big dogs after Sunday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast