Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Williams

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Williams

I think we should've kept brian williams, he showed that he was as good if not better than smoot last year.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brian Williams

"minvikes01" wrote:
    I think we should've kept brian williams, he showed that he was as good if not better than smoot last year.

He showed he was as good, if not better then an injured smoot.

Smoot's been to the pro bowl and played at a very high level for a handful of years in the NFL, so I wouldn't count him out for one bad injury plagued year.

I don't see a huge difference in the 2 personally. Williams was a better and more physical tackler, and Smoot(again when healthy) is a better cover corner.

I wouldn't have paid Williams what jacksonville did though.

how much did they end up paying him?

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "minvikes01" wrote:

He showed he was as good, if not better then an injured smoot.

Smoot's been to the pro bowl and played at a very high level for a handful of years in the NFL, so I wouldn't count him out for one bad injury plagued year.

I don't see a huge difference in the 2 personally. Williams was a better and more physical tackler, and Smoot(again when healthy) is a better cover corner.

I wouldn't have paid Williams what jacksonville did though.
    EXACTLY, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I wish we would have kept Brian Williams, but not for the Jaguars payed him.

The Jaguars have made their first splash in the free agent pool by signing ex-Viking corner back, Brian Williams. OK, maybe it’s not a splash, more like a ripple, but they are paying Williams big time free agent money. The deal has been reported to be 6 years and $32 million with a $10 million signing bonus. Williams should fill a hole at the right corner back position playing opposite standout corner and 2003 second round pick, Rashean Mathis.

Brian Williams is only 26 years old and is coming off a season where he had four interceptions, 30 passes defended and 35 tackles in 14 games. Williams has great ball skills and should get many chances for interceptions playing opposite Mathis, and behind the great Jaguars pass rush. It is believed that one of the main reasons Williams decided to come to Jacksonville was his affiliation with ex-Viking head coach, Mike Tice.

It is not yet known how the contract is structured, but it should still leave plenty of cash for the Jags to continue shopping in this somewhat barren, free agent market. What was believed to be the Jaguars main free agent target, Le Charles Bentley has already signed with the Cleveland Browns earlier this morning.

By Charlie Bernstein
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"minvikes01" wrote:
    how much did they end up paying him?

$32 million for 6 years with $10 million guaranteed.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I would have liked to keep him. In the end though he pretty much made it clear that he didn't want to be a Viking anymore and I'm glad we didn't try and keep him for that amount of money.

Thanks Josdin

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

They gave him basically what we gave Smoot. It was 6 years 34 million with a 10 million signing bonus, if I remember correctly.

Hell yes we should have kept him. We gave up a really solid cornerback and have replaced him with absolutely no one. Yet another part of our horrendous off-season thus far. Maybe they are willing to give Devonte Edwards the very important Nickel roll because he made a good play against Green Bay. Or maybe they are going to attempt to fill that void with a rookie, I don't know.

Hopefully Smoot learned a lot from last year. I mean opposing WRs sure did take him to school quite often.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

yeah, the bengals game comes to mind

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

forget Brian Williams.

The biggest steal of this free agency was Andre Dyson who just signed a 5 year 11 million contract. We should have went after him. He is a lot better than Fred Smoot and Brian Williams and they make about 5 million a year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

shouldve gone for dyson..5 years 11 mil..wow, what a steal..thats unbelievable
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast