Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Williams

vikesfan is offline Starter

Brian Williams

Has anyone heard anything about B. Williams or an interview with him this off-season. I remember last year when we signed Winfield how Denard Walker and Eric Kelly asked to be released because they moved down the depth chart. I haven't heard anything like this about Williams so I'm definitely not trying to start a rumor, but with what happened last year, I've been a little worried about it. I really like him a lot and I think he will be great. I could understand why he wouldn't want to only be a nickleback and special teams player, but hopefully he's not upset about it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Brian Williams

Heck, he may feel good about the D that he is going tp be a part of and hopefully win some Championships. I like B Will.

vikesfan is offline Starter

Yeah, that's true. I really like him too. Isn't he a restricted free agent this year? Have you heard anything about that?

Well Denard Walker and Eric Kelly both sucked so I guess they knew they wouldn't get any playing time anyway. Brian Williams will still see a lot of playing time, so I don't think he will be upset.

I too like Brian Williams and hope he plays well next season with the revamped D.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

great depth! hope he stays and performs well . nothing better than good d in minn! been awhile.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

ElBarto is offline Starter

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Yeah, that's true. I really like him too. Isn't he a restricted free agent this year? Have you heard anything about that?
    He was yes and we have tendered him an offer, don't know if he signed it or not. If someone else takes though I think we get a first round pick for him.

I'm sure he'll be happy enough playing nickel. What would you rather do start in a bad defence or play nickel in one of the better defences (which I'm hoping we'll be :grin: )
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hes a pretty good corner who we cant release to free agency or trade him. He should do good as a nickel and not a starting corner where he struggled a bit this season.

He did well in 2003 and should have made the probowl with 5 picks a number of tackles and passes defensed. But when youre on a horrible defense altogether i guess its hard to get recognized.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

smootloot is offline Starter

i still believe that brian is a year away from being a great corner. there were a bunch of situations last year where he was out of position. i still think he would be great at a 3 spot on the chart but how long are we going to be able to hold on to him.
    "Ron Mexico is here."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Dude needs to be happy that we will be better as a team...plus he will get plenty of PT as the nickel and will be the starter if anything bad happens to one of our two top CBs (God forbid!).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

aceclown is offline Coach

The Vikings offered him a 1 year RFA contract of something like $1.5 million. If another team signs Williams, the Vikes will get to take their first round pick in the 2005 draft as compensation. Because of this I highly doubt anyone else will try to sign him.

Chuch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast