Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brian Willaims?????

This is a good thread and i am a bit concerned about it. I havn't seen all the games but i have seen B Will make mistakes in all of the games he played, most notably the chargers game, which i'm watching at the moment. I'm a big B Will fan i believe he makes plays but i lost some respect for the dude when he held out like a lil b*tch. What he should have done as took it like EJ, maned up got his but to work and now he's making plays at WSL and doin it well. I think he'll be ok i'd never give Ralph Brown the job before the regualar season starts, NEVER! I will wait to see what happens when the season starts.

Brian Williams play making ability, hard hitting, and experience is enough to get him to the regular season without getting demoted.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The only play ever in question was the TD that Sharper was in the area as well.

Winfield just plain sucked that game he got beat many times, just like he did against the chargers. He hasn't given up any TD's but he has been giving up yards hand over fist.

I don't care but to be crying over two pre-season games is premature, just like Winfield getting burned repeatedly I expect they will tighten up when the season begins, I'm sorry Brown is not better the Williams.

Talent wise I think that Williams is better, but in the 3 preseason games so far Williams looks terrible and Brown has out played him. Does not mean that B-Will can not change that around, but right now I would go with Ralph over Brian if the season was starting this week.

And I am not that thrilled with the play of Willy Offord so far this preseason. He has looked as bad as williams and needs to get his shit together or we need to start looking for somebody that can get the job done. When is Fox do back? I heard he got his cast off!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

williams has been sucking it up, but ralph brown a better option...nonsense!

our defense really hasn't impressed me much at all yet overall... they look like they don't even know each others' names yet... i think they needed to sit in a semi-circle in class and introduce them selves and tell each other what their interests are....

i think the vikes forgot the first day of class in short.

Del Rio Guest

That's what's funny about sports. A month ago over half of the board wanted to kill Chavous. You had people trying as hard as they could to try and proove the guy is over-rated. He shows up and is doing a very good job, no one talks about him. Williams is in the same boat only he is struggling, he brought it on himself so no one can get upset. If he starts playing a bit better he will slip into that category of taken for granted that a lot of players fall into and he wont be worried about until he does something to stand out.

I understand why he is under more pressure then ever, but I think to get excited over it would be unwise, especially since a lot of people are carrying around baggage from his supposed hold out of voluntary camp. Luckily for the team the coaches know more about it then us. If he gets replaced I guess we will know the answer.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That's what's funny about sports. A month ago over half of the board wanted to kill Chavous. You had people trying as hard as they could to try and proove the guy is over-rated. He shows up and is doing a very good job, no one talks about him. Williams is in the same boat only he is struggling, he brought it on himself so no one can get upset. If he starts playing a bit better he will slip into that category of taken for granted that a lot of players fall into and he wont be worried about until he does something to stand out.

I understand why he is under more pressure then ever, but I think to get excited over it would be unwise, especially since a lot of people are carrying around baggage from his supposed hold out of voluntary camp. Luckily for the team the coaches know more about it then us. If he gets replaced I guess we will know the answer.
    Its funny you bring that up about chavous last year being bashed for playing crappy. When they were talking about the viking this AM on kfan, the dude from the vikings also said that last year chavous looked bad becasue williams would get out of place or forget his coverage and chavous would have to try and cover people that he wasnt supposed to. Thats why chavous looked out of place and was always getting to the play late and thats why tice went after another top corner. I think if williams was as good as we think or thought he was, he would still be a starter on our team.

But on the same token, a couple months ago people also wanted DD over chavous. Chavous is a solid safety, but I would take Darius over him.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    williams has been sucking it up, but ralph brown a better option...nonsense!

our defense really hasn't impressed me much at all yet overall... they look like they don't even know each others' names yet... i think they needed to sit in a semi-circle in class and introduce them selves and tell each other what their interests are....

i think the vikes forgot the first day of class in short.
    Sorry, Ralphie boy has played better that B-Will, B-Will has been out of position on way to many plays!

He has cost us at least 2 TD's if not 3!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I think until you have the playbook and know what position he is supposed to be in that there is really nothing to prove it is all on his shoulders.

I think a more accurate statement as far as the Chavous Williams thing is this. People were fast to jump off of the Chavous wagon, making up garbage, talking about how he can't hit how he is always getting burnned. When he shows up to camp, doesn't miss a beat and kills Offord a guy who was supposed to take his place all those people need to save face. Even sport writers, hell especially them. So who do they point blame on now? Williams.

Everyone knows football is a team sport. Everyone knows that is one guy messess up it can hurt the team. Right now you have a defense that is supposed to be very much improved and they are still giving up some serious yards. So who can you blame? Who can be credited with the ENTIRE teams mistakes? How about the one guy who is struggling that was being bashed in the offseason?

To me that screams someone somewhere trying to save face. Someone who talked a whole lot of shit about CC and needs to backpedal. "Oh who? Chavous? CHAVOUS IS DA MAN BRO.....I was mad last year at him but it turns out it was all Brian Williams fault so we are cool." lol

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think whoever is our dime back will be the best in the league either if it williams/brown/ or irvin. i dont know why all you people hated brown, this year he is gonna really step it up.

Maybe the best way to put this is...

Brian Williams seems to have the tools to make the big play when in position.

Brown Seems to be in position more, but doesnt seem to have all the physicle attributes that williams does. ie big hits, knocking the ball down, etc.

Now if only we could combine the two and make Brian RW Brown. Solid, just plain solid.

Normally I dont get too high on sports reporters and the articles they write or things they say. But when the reports are coming out of the vikings organization from what kfan says are "inside sources" i tend to believe it. They have been pretty trustworthy over the years as long as its not hockey talk.

And to me, if its coming from the vikings it means

1. they have the playbook
    2. they do this for a living so they must know something about football
    3. back peddling like that and pointing the fingure at another person within the organization is not a good idea.

Maybe kfan is exagerating what was said to them, or maybe they are making up this just so they have something to talk about. I dont know.

But i guess this also brings up the question. Is Winfield as good as we think he is? Since most of the passess last year were aimed at williams, does that mean that

A. Winfield shut his man down?
    B. Williams was just that bad and the QB went to the open target?
    C. What we're seeing from Winfield now is a result of smoot being on the field and actually shutting down his man?

I know I know, im really stretching here. But its an interesting debate none the less.

With all the new defense we bought in im only expecting a top 15. A good defense but its not going to strike fear into anyone. So far all I have seen is last years D with better run stopping.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast