Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Willaims?????

What should we do with this guy??? So far this preseason he has cost us 3 touchdowns, and 2 on blown coverages. Should we give ralph brown a shot at nickel or maybe toss my man gallishaw in there. He is lucky that everyone is blaming sharper and chavous for all his mistakes. For someone that held out because he lost his starting spot to smoot, he really isnt giving us much reason to even keep him around for a nick or dime back.

Jets game, williamson falls down in the endzine on 1 TD. it happens, no big deal.

jets game, williams stops coverage and falls into zone next to sharper. Making it look like sharper forgot to cover someone when in fact Williams was supposed to stay with his man and sharper would zone coverage the gap left by willaims.

Chargers, Winfield and Williams both take off covering the same guy, When in fact williams was supposed to cover the guy that was wide open for the TD also making chavous look like he was out of place and getting to the play late.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brian Willaims?????

I think that Brown will be the Nickel and that Williams will be the dime back.

I really have liked the play of Gallishaw and I am hoping that he makes the practice squad!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I think that Brown will be the Nickel and that Williams will be the dime back.

I really have liked the play of Gallishaw and I am hoping that he makes the practice squad!!!
    I think Gallishaw will make the team. We need the extra depth at CB.

This is how I see them ranked right now. If anything ward will make the pratice squad, and gallishaw will be playing limited amounts. And the only reason I have williams over gallishaw right now is because he should know the defense a little better then Gallishaw.

Winfield
    Smoot
    Brown
    Williams
    Gallishaw
    Ward

BTW how many CB's does a team usually carry through a season anyway?

Del Rio Guest

The Jets game Winfield gave up some huge plays three of them to be exact 2 of which went for 18+ yards.

It looked to me Sharper was supposed to be over the top only he screwed up and he is known to do that.

If Williams sucks it up during the season I am sure he will get replaced, but I think he will be staying where he is for at least a few weeks.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The Jets game Winfield gave up some huge plays three of them to be exact 2 of which went for 18+ yards.

It looked to me Sharper was supposed to be over the top only he screwed up and he is known to do that.

If Williams sucks it up during the season I am sure he will get replaced, but I think he will be staying where he is for at least a few weeks.
    Nope, I just heard on Kfan this AM that it was all williams on those plays. This comes from within the Viking organizaion. Winfield did give up some plays, but he really didnt blow any coverages. I have faith that Winfield will get back to his form by week 1 or 2 of the season.

Del Rio Guest

The only play ever in question was the TD that Sharper was in the area as well.

Winfield just plain sucked that game he got beat many times, just like he did against the chargers. He hasn't given up any TD's but he has been giving up yards hand over fist.

I don't care but to be crying over two pre-season games is premature, just like Winfield getting burned repeatedly I expect they will tighten up when the season begins, I'm sorry Brown is not better the Williams.

"Del Rio" wrote:

Winfield just plain sucked that game he got beat many times, just like he did against the chargers. He hasn't given up any TD's but he has been giving up yards hand over fist.

I don't care but to be crying over two pre-season games is premature, just like Winfield getting burned repeatedly I expect they will tighten up when the season begins, I'm sorry Brown is not better the Williams.
    I agree with everything except williams being better then brown. :smile:
    At least so far this year.

I guess I use preseaon to gauge who is where they're supposed to be on the field. Since you cant be a play maker if you're not near the play.

Dont get me wrong though, I actually like williams. Blown coverages happen, but for blown coverages to happen 2 times in 2 games, and both being williams fault has me a little worried if he should be on the field.

But like you said, its preseason and means little to nothing. Its only good to evaluate talent and get the starters prepared for the season.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't be too worried since it is only pre-season football. B.Williams has spent the whole year last year proving himself. He is a great nickle and he won't be in minny past this year. He'll be a starter somewhere next year

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:

I guess you have to say that considering he is your son. :lol:

Anyways, I agree with you. Williams missed all the mini-camps and he's just catching up. I think that in time he will be perfectly fine. He was adequate as a starting cornerback last year, and he'll do fine as a nickel back. But if he doesn't snap out of it within another 2-3 games, he will be replaced by Ralph Brown.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

I know I HAVE to like the guy :grin: He's my red headed step child!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast