Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: brian russell

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

brian russell

i honestly dont think the guys very good....he shows up at the right time get an interception...if u saw all of his picks u would see he didnt have to do much....my thoughts r...trade him while the nfl thinks hes good get a better safety or even a draft pick and start tyrone carter.

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

brian russell

I tend to disagree. I think Russell is a smart player like Chavous and together they make one of the better saftey tamdums in the league.

However, I think that some would agree with you. He has not been signed to a long term contract and during camp Tice said that Carter could push or possilby even win the starting Job from Russell.

Lets see how it plays out this year.
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

brian russell

Russell is smart and oportunistic. He is working on his open field tackling. I think that Carter could challenge him for the job, bu tI wouldn;t trade him yet
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

brian russell

I think we need all the help bakc there we can get so don't trade him and hope that they can push each other to new heights.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vikes_ova_everyone is offline Training Camp

brian russell

I think the reason why he was always in the right spot was becuase he knows where the ball is going he makes other big plays besides interceptions and i believe he brings great personality to the vikes and i see no reason why they would want to get rid of him ne time soon

brian russell

i agree vikesovaeveryone...

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Re: brian russell

"rkuriger04" wrote:
    ....he shows up at the right time get an interception...if u saw all of his picks u would see he didnt have to do much.....
    Ugh..... isn't that kinda his job? If he was out of position or getting burned on the play he wouldn't of had that many INTs. Don't we want our safties getting INTs? Also you have to remember that it was his FIRST year as a starter.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Re: brian russell

"rkuriger04" wrote:
    i honestly dont think the guys very good....he shows up at the right time get an interception...if u saw all of his picks u would see he didnt have to do much....my thoughts r...trade him while the nfl thinks hes good get a better safety or even a draft pick and start tyrone carter.
    You know, you are entitled to your opinion and everything but 87 tackles and 9 interceptions is not luck. Sure some his interceptions were gifts, but if you look at the other interception leaders' int's I'm sure you would find that all of them got some gifts. Keep in mind that this is only Russell's 4th year in the league and I see big things from him.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

brian russell

I have highlights of russels and chavous' picks and only 3 of russels picks were the gift type picks where it was deflected in the air and caught by him. The rest were all him.

Didnt russel play baseball as well?? Maybe thats why he can catch.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

brian russell

There's a lot to be said for being where (or near where) the ball is thrown. That isn't luck, that is skill. Russell has some flaws in his game (that hopefully he is improving on), but he's a hard tackler and bigger than Carter.

In my mind, Russell is the man. Period.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast