Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Russell?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Brian Russell?

again, russell is alright. just because we got smoot, and by chance DD, people want to get rid of valuable players. this is insanity. if free agency stopped today, the vikes are well on there way to winning the division... for the first time, we will have the right veteran personel to stop the other team from scoring everytime we score. instead of losing while scoring 31 points, we will now win while only having to score 27.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Brian Russell?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "arialassault84" wrote:
    B Russ sucks! He drop more balls than I can count.
    He's always getting burnt and in a zone D for pete's sake
    He had 9 picks in 2003!
    Well I am pretty sure you watched him this year. Arialassault is right.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Brian Russell?

Hey, I'm not saying he is the greatest safety in the world, but give the guy some credit! He busted his @ss to stay in training camp and then he beat out a guy for his spot! He wasn't even a DB in college, he was a QB! I just don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Brian Russell?

I don't think it really matters hes as good as gone in free agency isn't he? I havent heard of us offering him a tender correct me if i'm worng here cuz i very well might be
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Brian Russell?

I don't know. I haven't heard anything about him this offseason. I don't think he's probably on anybody's "pluck from free agency board" though!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Russell?

id rather have a safety that breaks up alot of pases then one that gets 9 INT's....russell lets recievers catch the ball........

*SKOL!*

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Brian Russell?

"UMDTwinsfan" wrote:
    I don't think it really matters hes as good as gone in free agency isn't he? I havent heard of us offering him a tender correct me if i'm worng here cuz i very well might be

We offered a tender to all our restricted FA's, even the convict cambell.

Del Rio Guest

Brian Russell?

"sabatajh" wrote:
    i think b russel is garbage your right he had a couple big plays but A lot of bad ones...... he had nine picks the year before 7 were poorly thrown balls and he was 5-7 yards away form the db (wrong place right time ) he is not by anymeans a good tackler his errattic and really inconsistent.... i would start offord over chavous in a heart beat... i wouldnt mind B russel as a gunner on special teams.... but he is far to inconsistant and i wouldnt trust em to cover anyone 1 on 1 i agree with the addition of smoot and pat he will probley not get caught out of position as much but man im willing to sacrifice the 3 big hits he had all year to get back the 100 times he got burned IMO
    is that why B. Russel was 3rd on our team in tackles? He is a good saftey. Good enough to start.

vikfan82 is offline Waterboy

Brian Russell?

I say keep Brian Russell for one more year and let him how us what he can do. We have seen the best and the worst from him. Maybe this year will tell what he really can do.
    6d7fdd2f0a72d0ab58ee5d1df6066cee

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Brian Russell?

I'm a fan of Brian Russell. I agree with the above posters comment in which we keep him for 1 more year and see if this guys is for real or not. He had a break out season in the 2003-2004 season and had a lackluster one last year. Brian can lay some wood too, you guys remember that hit he put on Shannon Sharpe in 2003 against the Broncos? Anyways, keep him for 1 more year and see how he pans out. If he sucks again then he sucks, let him go.. but we cant criticize (spelling?) someone who didnt get a fair chance to jell out in Ted Cotrell's new defensive scheme. Thats just my opinion, you can flame away!
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast