Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Russell?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Brian Russell?

i know i might get some flack for this...but i might be the only one who doesn't mind having russell on the vikes, even starting for us.

he really isn't as bad a people say. he had some bigtime plays last season for us. remember the hit he put on freddie mitchel on the goal line and caused a fumble and touchback. his hands were not as sure as they were in 2003, but he is still a good safety.

that being said, if we get Darius, he'd be a good back-up.

smoot, Awinfield, Bwill, chavous, russell...this sounds pretty f-in good even w/o Darius in the mix for our secondary.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Brian Russell?

I agree PA. He does take bad angles and screws up, but that happens with anybody! I think he hits like a mack truck (ask Shannon Sharpe) and we could have worse.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Re: Brian Russell?

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i know i might get some flack for this...but i might be the only one who doesn't mind having russell on the vikes, even starting for us.

he really isn't as bad a people say. he had some bigtime plays last season for us. remember the hit he put on freddie mitchel on the goal line and caused a fumble and touchback. his hands were not as sure as they were in 2003, but he is still a good safety.

that being said, if we get Darius, he'd be a good back-up.

smoot, Awinfield, Bwill, chavous, russell...this sounds pretty f-in good even w/o Darius in the mix for our secondary.
    Russell is terrible jsut my opinion the only big plays he comes up with are ones that fall into his lap, a couple he even got lucky on because he was out of position not to mention his tackling for some reason i cant stand a safety that falls in front of a player hoping that they will trip over him we need an upgrade
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Brian Russell?

I think Russel is underrated. He gets alot of flack. He is one year removed from leading the league in interceptions and he does hit hard. I think is dropoff last year was because of the ned defensive system. I don't think he is great, but he isn't that bad.

Del Rio Guest

Brian Russell?

I like both our safties and they play very well, I think they fell off track last year because the sceheme sucked booty, and they had to over compensate for poor CB play.

We have worse needs on this team right now.

I'd like to see a WR an O-lineman mostly we need a kicker.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Brian Russell?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I like both our safties and they play very well, I think they fell off track last year because the sceheme sucked booty, and they had to over compensate for poor CB play.

[size=7px][/size]

That my friend is exactly right. If our safeties are allowed to do
    their job as seen in 2003-2004 we have two pretty decent ones
    that would start on most teams.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Brian Russell?

We definately need some O-Lineman, thank you del rio!!! Get some guards!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Russell?

What???New O-line? What's wrong with the moving company??? And Aaron Elling can block. Let's put him on the field more and hope he doesn't hurt himself.LOL!!!
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Brian Russell?

i hate goldberg...i remeber when he got a holding penalty and brought a moss td back...oh I HATE him....( i cant remeber the game tho)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Russell?

Whatever happened to that rule that Tice had in the 03-04 season where if there was a dumb penalty like holding you were replaced for that play? I thought that was effective if he'd stick with it.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast