Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    155

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    all i can say is that the purplepeople eaters are back and better than ever with more artillery but who backs up pat and kevin if they get hurt?

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    all i can say is that the purplepeople eaters are back and better than ever with more artillery but who backs up pat and kevin if they get hurt?
    I really admire your optimism, but holy crap man...
    The Purple People Eaters are back!?!
    Thats pretty bold.
    Especially coming off a 6-10 season.
    I sure hope your riding the bandwagon if we're sitting at 4-9 next season.

    Keep up the hope though, it makes the offseason that much more exciting.

  3. #23
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I really hope robison or edwards starts instead of udeze.
    They both provide a lot more speed and the QB will know when they are in the game.

    But maybe udeze will come out hungry this year once he sees the open competition at DE.
    JJ,


    If Robison starts at any position it will be at the RDE position normally held down by Erasmus and not Udeze.


    Let me back up a minute to make sure you understand why that would be........


    There is a huge difference in roles between a LDE and a RDE.
    The LDE usually plays the run first, contain second and then rush the QB third.
    The RDE plays just the complete opposite in most cases.
    Because of this the LDE is typically is a bit stronger and usually a bit slower but very effective against the run.
    A RDE is usually a bit smaller and is a bit faster and very effective at rushing the QB.



    Additionally, and in case you didn't know, Udeze had to move over and play the RDE position last year when Erasmus went down.
    This caused him to play out of his element at a position that wasn't ideally suited to his strenght.
    I am suprised he was as effective as he was last year.



    Again, having said all that, I highly doubt that Robison will start at the LDE position because he is ideally better suited for the RDE position because of his lack of size.
    So now hopefully, you "Udeze didn't get any sacks last year", "Udeze sucks, cut him" people, might better understand why he didn't register any sacks & why he led the team with the most tackles for a loss.
    Don't hold your breath my friend.
    I have attempted to articulate the differences in the two positions before to no avail.

    Some people.......
    Go figure huh
    ;D
    well settle down guys, there are alot of rde's in the league that found a way to get one sack.
    so before you go patting yourselves on the back you cannot claim that udeze was not part of the pass rush problem last year.
    for the amount of times teams were throwing on us in the 2nd half of last year his sole priority became rushing the passer and he still didn't get one.
    so while i understand your point, that statistic alone speaks for itself.


    as for a team that used alot of lineman rotation and had major success look no further than the nfc champion chicago bears.
    while we do not know yet if we have the same talent and depth they had last year, we do know they lost 3 tackles, including one starter.
    so hopefully robison can provide what that kid anderson provided for the bears last year at the de position.
    and if i recall correctly he was a mid round pick also.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  4. #24
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    Alot of pass rushing ends wind up on the left. The NFL is all about change.
    Kearse and Peppers are 2 ends who both play sack machines off of the left end.

    A little googling brought this up (although from 2004 it's still relative to your post)

    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_35_228/ai_n6198378

    The main reason is because tight ends usually play on the offenses right.
    So you want you're larger end to the left, to take the double team.

    A smart coach would rather double-team your star end. If he is on the right they will find a way to do that anyhow. Via motion or 2 TE sets, or even a tight end to the left.

    http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Peppers/Peppers_bio.html
    He favors lining up his best defensive end on the left, which means Julius usually faces the opponent’s weakest tackle. His primary job is to disrupt the passing game.
    Another good point in that peppers article. The best tackles are usually moved to the left to protect the blind side.


    I never tried to attack Udeze. I didn't watch him enough to judge. All I'm saying is there should be an open competition at DE we have tonnes of potentially and to name james and udeze starters because we burnt a higher draft pick on them is daft.

  5. #25
    BradTheMan14 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    214

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    well robinsons numbers suggest he is quick..but there is a huge difference between that and game speed. hopefully he can be like an aaron kampman or jared allen for us and put up some sacks and get to the QB!!!
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

  6. #26
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    well obviously he was a combine wet dream with those numbers, but he had to drop to round 4 for a reason.
    i'm sure someone will post it after this post, but i think he's considered undersized for the position(weight or height wise)and teams had hard time deciding whether he's an end or a lb.
    honestly i dont care cause the staff saw something they liked cuz they moved up to get him and he sounds like a burner off the edge which is something we really lacked on the line.
    speed and havoc.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    People! It's Robison, not Robinson. There is only 1 "n".

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    "singersp" wrote:
    People! It's Robison, not Robinson. There is only 1 "n".
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Posting with the handicapped ehhhhh Singer?
    They still spell TJ's name wrong as well.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    Didn't we start bringing Edwards in on the right side for passing downs when Udeze was struggling? I remember all of his sacks coming from the blind side.

    RDE:
    James
    Edwards
    Robison

    LDE:
    Udeze
    Scott

    I think everyone is underrating Scott. He had a solid year last year and if James returns 100% I think the DL will be fine.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    well obviously he was a combine wet dream with those numbers, but he had to drop to round 4 for a reason. i'm sure someone will post it after this post, but i think he's considered undersized for the position(weight or height wise)and teams had hard time deciding whether he's an end or a lb.
    honestly i dont care cause the staff saw something they liked cuz they moved up to get him and he sounds like a burner off the edge which is something we really lacked on the line.
    speed and havoc.
    Thats what everyone said about Dwight Freeney.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interview with Brian Robison
    By MaxStrauss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
  2. Brian Robison Unplugged
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM
  3. '09 Mic'd Up: Brian Robison
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
  4. Brian Robison gets noticed
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:05 AM
  5. brian robison signed!
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •