Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brian Robison - Speed from the edge

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I really hope robison or edwards starts instead of udeze.
    They both provide a lot more speed and the QB will know when they are in the game.

But maybe udeze will come out hungry this year once he sees the open competition at DE.
    JJ,

If Robison starts at any position it will be at the RDE position normally held down by Erasmus and not Udeze.

Let me back up a minute to make sure you understand why that would be........

There is a huge difference in roles between a LDE and a RDE.
    The LDE usually plays the run first, contain second and then rush the QB third.
    The RDE plays just the complete opposite in most cases.
    Because of this the LDE is typically is a bit stronger and usually a bit slower but very effective against the run.
    A RDE is usually a bit smaller and is a bit faster and very effective at rushing the QB.

Additionally, and in case you didn't know, Udeze had to move over and play the RDE position last year when Erasmus went down.
    This caused him to play out of his element at a position that wasn't ideally suited to his strenght.
    I am suprised he was as effective as he was last year.

Again, having said all that, I highly doubt that Robison will start at the LDE position because he is ideally better suited for the RDE position because of his lack of size.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    They both provide a lot more speed and the QB will know when they are in the game.

But maybe udeze will come out hungry this year once he sees the open competition at DE.
    JJ,

If Robison starts at any position it will be at the RDE position normally held down by Erasmus and not Udeze.

Because of this the LDE is typically is a bit stronger and usually a bit slower but very effective against the run.
    A RDE is usually a bit smaller and is a bit faster and very effective at rushing the QB.

Additionally, and in case you didn't know, Udeze had to move over and play the RDE position last year when Erasmus went down.
    This caused him to play out of his element at a position that wasn't ideally suited to his strenght.

Again, having said all that, I highly doubt that Robison will start at the LDE position because he is ideally better suited for the RDE position because of his lack of size.
    awesome post, 3 thumbs up

And I just learned something

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

JJ,

I guess that would be because they want the rush coming from the blind side.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

JJ,

awesome post, 3 thumbs up

And I just learned something
    Thank you my friend.

Normally I get all pissy about this misunderstanding however, a different tact might be the right way to get my point across on this.

Additionally, lets put Marrdro vision into effect and take it another step and see the future.......
    Of course that future relies on Erasmus coming back healthy.....

I believe that one of the rotations that we will see in the near future (for passing situations of 3rd and long) will be a possible mix of something like this.

RDE - Robison or Edwards
    DT - K-Will
    DT - Udeze
    LDE - Erasmus or Scott

Can you imagine what the Brett Favvvvreeeeeee will be thinking with this front four looking at him......
    Four DL that can rush him from all positions and the scariest of all, get to him fast and with power.
    ;D

Add to that front four the flexibilty of mixing in a LB (Greenway) or S (Sharper/Doss/Blue) blitz on top of that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

JJ,

So now hopefully, you "Udeze didn't get any sacks last year", "Udeze sucks, cut him" people, might better understand why he didn't register any sacks & why he led the team with the most tackles for a loss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

JJ,

So now hopefully, you "Udeze didn't get any sacks last year", "Udeze sucks, cut him" people, might better understand why he didn't register any sacks & why he led the team with the most tackles for a loss.
    Don't hold your breath my friend.
    I have attempted to articulate the differences in the two positions before to no avail.

Some people.......
    Go figure huh
    ;D

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Only a matter of time til we hear about these position battles that are gonna be good competition to make this team a better overall and hopefully we see these strides begin to take notcie this year.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Robison explained. "Whereas defensive ends, at the end of the game, if you have a two- or three-man rotation, then your guys are going to be more fresh than the offensive tackles and that allows a lot more things to happen.
    i think this is key..
    i doubt the starters will change much, but the ability to have QUALITY in the rotation is gonna be huge come 4th qtr. imagin.. games tight, and we have energized and fresh EJ / BR taken turns layin the QB flat. it'll be fun to watch.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I am definately looking forward to watching Brian play as well as some of the other draftees.
    I really believe we did well in every aspect of the draft.
    The only "superstar" may be Peterson but the others all definately have game.
    I really want to see what Allison can do as well.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Here's what I found interesting in the article...
    And that's where Robison comes in. His addition bolsters the Vikings crop of defensive linemen and the hope is that another man in the rotation will keep everyone fresh deep into the fourth quarter
    From the sounds of it, Childress plans on rotating the defensive ends to keep them fresh.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast