Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brian Robison chat transcript

8:06 [Comment From Brian H. Brian H. : ]
    Brian, what have you done this off-season to improve yourself as a player? What kind of role do you feel you will play this season?
    Tuesday May 4, 2010 8:06 Brian H.
    8:09 Brian Robison: Well I have put on about 8-10 pounds depending on when I weigh and I have stayed the same speed if not a step quicker...No B.S. Also I have been healthy and my strength is back up. Not sure what my role will be, but I will be ready whatever it is
    8:24 [Comment From Tom Hughes Tom Hughes : ]
    Brian, Do you think the Metrodome is as bad of a stadium as people make it out to be? I personally love it because the noise in there gives you guys a huge homefield advantage and the new stadium with a open roof at times will not be able to hold in the noise as well.
    Tuesday May 4, 2010 8:24 Tom Hughes
    8:26 Brian Robison: Actually I haven't watched much of this, but I did catch that he latest proposal has a fixed roof like the dome. The stadium isn't that bad, but the field definitely needs work
    I hate when they try to add weight......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Brian Robison chat transcript

Marrdro wrote:
    Brian, what have you done this off-season to improve yourself as a player? What kind of role do you feel you will play this season?
    8:09 Brian Robison: Well I have put on about 8-10 pounds depending on when I weigh and I have stayed the same speed if not a step quicker...No B.S. Also I have been healthy and my strength is back up. Not sure what my role will be, but I will be ready whatever it is
    Brian, Do you think the Metrodome is as bad of a stadium as people make it out to be? I personally love it because the noise in there gives you guys a huge homefield advantage and the new stadium with a open roof at times will not be able to hold in the noise as well.
    8:26 Brian Robison: Actually I haven't watched much of this, but I did catch that he latest proposal has a fixed roof like the dome. The stadium isn't that bad, but the field definitely needs work
    the dude's 6'3", 259, and an olympic calibre shotput thrower, and you don't htink he can stand to add 8 pounds?

The guy wants a chance to play more, adding 8 pounds gives him a better chance going through the interior line (He lines up as DT at times) and playing on the left.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    the dude's 6'3", 259, and an olympic calibre shotput thrower, and you don't htink he can stand to add 8 pounds?

The guy wants a chance to play more, adding 8 pounds gives him a better chance going through the interior line (He lines up as DT at times) and playing on the left.
    Read the transcript. He only plays DT on passing plays.

And he is adding weight so he can get that extra beef to hold up on the LDE side (Again, read the transcript, he says the get doubled the most).

Think of it this way, the good lord gave him a frame that could carry X amount of pounds. He added some to it in High School, he added some to it in College and now he is adding some to it in the NFL.

At some point, things will start breaking down? Is he to that point yet? I am not sure, but in most cases, they are pretty close.

Again, he is a RDE by trade who is trying to add enough weight/mass to hold up to the rigors of LDE and DT on passing situations.

I don't think I am to far off on this (again read the transcript) as he only added just enough to not loose any speed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Read the transcript. He only plays DT on passing plays.
    .. sooo... do you think they put in special guards and centers for passing plays? Nope. Often the biggest strongest guys are right in th emiddle, and he gets to take them on.

And he is adding weight so he can get that extra beef to hold up on the LDE side (Again, read the transcript, he says the get doubled the most).

Think of it this way, the good lord gave him a frame that could carry X amount of pounds. He added some to it in High School, he added some to it in College and now he is adding some to it in the NFL.

At some point, things will start breaking down? Is he to that point yet? I am not sure, but in most cases, they are pretty close.
    I can go with that, but how do you know his body is designed for X, but right now he's carrying X minus Y? Lots of players add weight, especially rookies and backups trying to make a bigger impact. You keep saying Bigger, Faster and Stronger. Should stay true especially with DLine.

Again, he is a RDE by trade who is trying to add enough weight/mass to hold up to the rigors of LDE and DT on passing situations.

I don't think I am to far off on this (again read the transcript) as he only added just enough to not loose any speed.
    and that is key. If he put on 20 lbs, then I could see an issue, but 10 lbs, enough to bulk up and be a bit strong shouldn't hurt him.

Football's a violent sport by nature, the general wear and tear on his body will have more of an impact than him carrying around 10 extra lbs.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I can go with that, but how do you know his body is designed for X, but right now he's carrying X minus Y? Lots of players add weight, especially rookies and backups trying to make a bigger impact. You keep saying Bigger, Faster and Stronger. Should stay true especially with DLine.

and that is key. If he put on 20 lbs, then I could see an issue, but 10 lbs, enough to bulk up and be a bit strong shouldn't hurt him.
    But when I say bigger stronger faster, I mean guys that have frame designed to carry that weight.

At some point they will add to much. Again, back to his point in the transcript. He only added 8-10 lbs cause any more would slow him down. Assumption off of that statement is that he is at that point were he can't add anymore.

sooo... do you think they put in special guards and centers for passing plays? Nope. Often the biggest strongest guys are right in th emiddle, and he gets to take them on.
    Nope, same G's, C's and T's. What you don't see is a FB or a RB chipping on DT's and you don't see the G's and C's run blocking, you see them backing up in thier blocking technique, not trying to drive him into the ground.

Football's a violent sport by nature, the general wear and tear on his body will have more of an impact than him carrying around 10 extra lbs.
    I would agree 100% on this, if in fact he was only carrying an extra 10, but that isn't the case. He has added weight at every level. Again, at some point it will get to be to much.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

But when I say bigger stronger faster, I mean guys that have frame designed to carry that weight.

At some point they will add to much. Again, back to his point in the transcript. He only added 8-10 lbs cause any more would slow him down. Assumption off of that statement is that he is at that point were he can't add anymore.

sooo... do you think they put in special guards and centers for passing plays? Nope. Often the biggest strongest guys are right in th emiddle, and he gets to take them on.
    Nope, same G's, C's and T's. What you don't see is a FB or a RB chipping on DT's and you don't see the G's and C's run blocking, you see them backing up in thier blocking technique, not trying to drive him into the ground.

I would agree 100% on this, if in fact he was only carrying an extra 10, but that isn't the case. He has added weight at every level. Again, at some point it will get to be to much.
    I've constantly added weight? SHould I be 5'8", 9 lbs 8 oz?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

So have I, but I've slowed down, my knees ache etc etc etc.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

and? These guys play football. They made the choice to play football.

They're not average joes, with a frame to support 180, but they love their cheeseburgers too much and swell up to 230. No, they made the choice to play a dangerous, contact sport. They should be optimizing their bodies to be at their best.

Robison obviously wants to have more of an impact, but knows he probably needs to be stronger and bigger to do that. You can't just get stronger without gaining muscle mass. If he was content with playing backup and situational roles, then he'd stay as is, but he knows his career won't last long if he does.

Its his choice, and the risk is worth it to them. Plus, you know nothing about these guy's bodies.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

They're not average joes, with a frame to support 180, but they love their cheeseburgers too much and swell up to 230. No, they made the choice to play a dangerous, contact sport. They should be optimizing their bodies to be at their best.

Robison obviously wants to have more of an impact, but knows he probably needs to be stronger and bigger to do that. You can't just get stronger without gaining muscle mass. If he was content with playing backup and situational roles, then he'd stay as is, but he knows his career won't last long if he does.

Its his choice, and the risk is worth it to them. Plus, you know nothing about these guy's bodies.
    I don't have to know thier bodies, he said it for me or haven't you read the transcript yet?

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I don't have to know thier bodies, he said it for me or haven't you read the transcript yet?
    you're missing my point.

You have no idea what their ideal weight is. You don't know what they can or can't carry safely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast