Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Brian Robison: Challenge is big, but so is confidence

[size=13pt]Vikings: Challenge is big, but so is confidence[/size]

Defensive end Brian Robison isn't conceding a thing even though the Vikings added a star at his position.

By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune

Last update: August 31, 2008 - 11:46 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Brian Robison: Challenge is big, but so is confidence

I like him. He has a strong push and speed on the outside. Whenever we need to rest Allen, he will fill in nicely.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Robison as well as Grigsby are going to be a big reason for any success we have keeping that d-line rotation strong and fresh. When Robison comes in I don't see us losing a step, and will keep Jared fresh for the fourth quarter.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Robison as well as Grigsby are going to be a big reason for any success we have keeping that d-line rotation strong and fresh. When Robison comes in I don't see us losing a step, and will keep Jared fresh for the fourth quarter.

Yeah, depth, experience and quality are not such bad things to have on the D line. See what the Giants did with it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Well, Chiller said we were a "wave rushing team," and that any DL players dressed would get time to keep them all fresh all game, so Robison should get some chances.
    Otis played well too, but the question is, with Mitchell out, who spells Ray at LDE...seems to me, that we have a bunch of RDEs and no real run stopping LDEs behind Ray.
    They said Wyms could play both, but we haven't seen that yet...or have we?
    On third and long, sure, take a page from the Giants book and throw some extra DE/pass rush in there...but on third and shorts, we're going to want the starters...No?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Love the confidence.

Pat & Kevin are always competing with each other trying to get after the QB/ball carrier

Jared Allen basically tries to kill the QB on every play

Ray Edwards says he would love to take a run at Strahan's NFL single season sack record

Robison wants 10 sacks

Going to be a hell of a year to watch our DLine lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

30 Snaps a game might be too much, but I agree he needs to be in the rotation because teams will be gunning to wear down our ends in order to provide time in the passing game. Running the football against us just isn't gonna happen IMO. There best shot is to run a spread offense with a no huddle.

On a side note I recently recieved my Viking UpDate and they had a very nice article in there about Brian Robison. Everyone knows about his shot put ability and what he did in college but not alot of people understand the commitment it took in order to accomplish this.
    In College Robison was a beast running a 6AM to 11PM regular schedule, performing both in football and track. This summer we had the olympics but Robison decided to focus his attention toward becoming a dominant DE. Leslie Fraiser also had some great comments, noting that he's coached several young DE's, Freeny being one and nobody has begun to perfect moves on a consistent bases like Robison already has. Frazier claims that Robison's lower body strength (Which he uses for shot-put) is amazing and he uses it to his advantage and gets great leverage.

I read the article before the Cowboy game then watched him dominate by getting consistent pressure. This was after 3 to 4 weeks off, needless to say I'm very exited to have Robison on the team and as we continue to draft and develop players we will have the opportunity to be an elite team.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    30 Snaps a game might be too much, but I agree he needs to be in the rotation because teams will be gunning to wear down our ends in order to provide time in the passing game. Running the football against us just isn't gonna happen IMO. There best shot is to run a spread offense with a no huddle.

On a side note I recently recieved my Viking UpDate and they had a very nice article in there about Brian Robison. Everyone knows about his shot put ability and what he did in college but not alot of people understand the commitment it took in order to accomplish this.
    In College Robison was a beast running a 6AM to 11PM regular schedule, performing both in football and track. This summer we had the olympics but Robison decided to focus his attention toward becoming a dominant DE. Leslie Fraiser also had some great comments, noting that he's coached several young DE's, Freeny being one and nobody has begun to perfect moves on a consistent bases like Robison already has. Frazier claims that Robison's lower body strength (Which he uses for shot-put) is amazing and he uses it to his advantage and gets great leverage.

I read the article before the Cowboy game then watched him dominate by getting consistent pressure. This was after 3 to 4 weeks off, needless to say I'm very exited to have Robison on the team and as we continue to draft and develop players we will have the opportunity to be an elite team.
    That post got me re-pumped up about Robison.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I wish we had this depth at OT. It is going to be exciting to watch Allen, Edwards, Grigsby, and Robison. All big time players IMO.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:

It was a nice article.
    Not sure how you got yours before the Dallas game. I just got mine last Mon I think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast