Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brian Baker jumping for joy!!!

I don't know much but I do know that there aint no running back in the league running the ball up the middle on the vikes.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I think we may have the most depth in the NFl when it comes to the line. Think about it... We have K-Will, P-Will, Udeze, Scott, Erasmus, Johnson, Johnstone...The list goes on!
    Don't forget "The Wild and Craaaazy Guy" Steve Martin. He is a load as well.

Mazid,
    you got that shit right!!!!!!!!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

I heard martin lost a few pounds and is playin better right now.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I think we may have the most depth in the NFl when it comes to the line. Think about it... We have K-Will, P-Will, Udeze, Scott, Erasmus, Johnson, Johnstone...The list goes on!

We could really say that about our whole D, which is not something we are used to. We are extremely deep at CB with smoot, winfield, B-will, ralph brown, and kenny irvin. We have an improved EJ behind cowart, raonall smith behind DT, and Newman behind Napo. Behind chavous we have offord, who played great in the playoffs last year and behind sharper we have probably irvin. FS is really the only position on D, that you could argue that we don't have a good backup, but I think irvin could play that spot just fine if needed.

Super Bowl winning teams always have good D's and to have a good D in the NFL, you need good depth. We have that good depth, so lets hope the good D and super bowl come with that.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

We could really say that about our whole D, which is not something we are used to. We are extremely deep at CB with smoot, winfield, B-will, ralph brown, and kenny irvin. We have an improved EJ behind cowart, raonall smith behind DT, and Newman behind Napo. Behind chavous we have offord, who played great in the playoffs last year and behind sharper we have probably irvin. FS is really the only position on D, that you could argue that we don't have a good backup, but I think irvin could play that spot just fine if needed.

Super Bowl winning teams always have good D's and to have a good D in the NFL, you need good depth. We have that good depth, so lets hope the good D and super bowl come with that.

I was thinking that just after I made the post. You are right about our entire defense having depth--and offense for that matter. On our entire team the only positions without good depth are K, P, and O-line and all of those may prove to hold up through the season.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I have been reading a lot of different angles on the new purple D!! most of what i see seems to be what i've always read about our O!. seems everyone is anticipating some mean black and blue true games against us.

I remember when i left the states in 98 i got to see some of the best games mn has done, and now listening over the net u get to see lots more stats as i'm on the net. If you look at the numbers these guys have had, and think about how they will be as 1 D line!!

all i can think will happen will be sacks, mean ass tackles and the purple people eaters returning to the frozen lands of Minnesota!!!

as for the depth, it's better then i've ever seen. the anticipation from the players is high. this could be a disadvantage (this is what i hear from cheese heads!!) but i know (i play ice hockey over here in europe) that confidence is one of the most important things.. and when any O line is gonna look into the eyes of our D.. they're gonna know.. ahhhh sht.. here comes the pain!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12