Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brett Favre Isn't Out for Blood or Revenge: He's O

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kalamazooer10 is offline Training Camp

Re:Brett Favre Isn't Out for Blood or Revenge: He's O

I agree.He's coming back to win a superbowl and as soon as training camp is over, he'll be back. I love him on the field, but his "I don't know what I want to do" BS has gotten old.
    None

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm pretty sure it's far more complex, because he knows that the shot at a ring is good but far from a certainty.

Most odds makers have the Vikes at 11 to 1 or below. Might jump when Favre offically declares but not far. Very few analysts have the Vikes winning. Thus, if winning a ring was his only consideration, I'm sure he would stay home.

Being with "the guys", hearing the crowd, competitive spirit, etc. all add to the formula and WINNING. I also think that he expects the Vikes as a whole to be better than last year.

But one of the top reasons is not to have his last NFL pass be a INT. Which is part of the reason he played for the Jets.

The negatives are there too. Losing! Especially a FG from the SB. Being beat to a pulp (Saints). Ending his career injured. Throwing another INT as his last pass AGAIN. etc.

The formula isn't simple. IMO, I don't think Favre has actually made the decision. It might be weighing towards coming back, but he also hasn't started seriously working out yet. Feeling the strain on the 40 yr old body isn't easy, being someone over 40.

I hope he does, but I won't be shocked if he doesn't. I also don't think the Vikes are dead if he doesn't. Less than stellar QB's have won SB's, because the team knew they couldn't put it on his shoulders to win. TJ/Rosenfelds/Webb might just be that QB. NOBODY picked the Saints to win it all last year, so anything can happen.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

kalamazooer10 wrote:
    I agree.He's coming back to win a superbowl and as soon as training camp is over, he'll be back. I love him on the field, but his "I don't know what I want to do" BS has gotten old.
    I'm sure to Favre the "Favre WILL be back" statements are getting old to him too. I'm glad they aren't coming from the Vikes.

I just wish all the analyst would just say, "It would be great to see Favre work his magic again. He's an exciting QB to watch."
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

kalamazooer10 wrote:
    My guess, he comes to camp sooner than anyone expects.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kalamazooer10 is offline Training Camp

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]kalamazooer10 wrote:

I hope you're right. I'm not one that is confident with our other QB's.To me, Vikings without Farve= fighting for a wildcard.
    None

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    kalamazooer10 wrote:
    I think that has a ring of truth to it as well.

Favre has a lot of pride, and, I am sure he is sick of all the reporters claiming he is a "Prima-dona" for missing camp.

Wrangler and Sears timing for his return may play into that as well..."Back-to-school" shopping season is the second largest of the year. Their add execs have got to be salivating over the chance to push up sales with the "Favre spotlight" on their products.
    None

kalamazooer10 wrote:
    [quote]Marrdro wrote:
    kalamazooer10 wrote:

I hope you're right. I'm not one that is confident with our other QB's.To me, Vikings without Farve= fighting for a wildcard.
    Don't want to get into any Noodle debates anymore, however, we won the Div without him with a less talented team and even less talented QB's.

This team is far more talented (and experienced) than the first Div win.

Truth of the matter is, if the PUKERS can keep thier OL playing like they did late last year, we could be looking at a Wildcard even with the Noodle under center.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]kalamazooer10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    kalamazooer10 wrote:

Don't want to get into any Noodle debates anymore, however, we won the Div without him with a less talented team and even less talented QB's.

Truth of the matter is, if the PUKERS can keep thier OL playing like they did late last year, we could be looking at a Wildcard even with the Noodle under center.
    Fuck the division. I am sick of winning the division. Who gives a shit if other teams won the division without Favre. Favre is the only QB that has actually done anything in the playoffs.

LOL at the wildcard statement. Favre fears no wild card. He actually wins playoff games at home.

marstc09 wrote:
    [quote]Marrdro wrote:
    kalamazooer10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    kalamazooer10 wrote:

Fuck the division. I am sick of winning the division. Who gives a shit if other teams won the division without Favre. Favre is the only QB that has actually done anything in the playoffs.

LOL at the wildcard statement. Favre fears no wild card. He actually wins playoff games at home.
    OK then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast