Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brett Favre interview

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I liked what he said, about how they dumbed down the offense in NYJ and that the offense in MN would be something he feels he knows well enough that he could teach it.
    I don't know if he literally meant teach or if he was saying he knows it like the back of his hand.
    The problem is that many defensive backs, safties, and linebackers know the Vikings offense so well that they could teach it too.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Is it really a good thing that an ex-Packer QB knows the Vikings offense so well without ever seeing the actual playbook?[/size][/size]

I know, Favre likely meant he knows that "kind" of offense well enough, but it isn't a great revelation nevertheless.
    Its on the internet.
    All you got to do is download and read it, then figure out the different nuances/variables.
    Thats the easy part.

Hard part is getting things like WR timing, how the RB gets to you (depth/size/hight of basket) etc down.

www.centuryinter.net/midway/chris/westcoast/wco.pdf
    And that's just the basic flavor.
    Now - take into account, for example, a zone-blocking scheme vs. a man-blocking scheme.
    Or tendencies with base formations based on talent.
    The Vikings probably run more two-TE sets in the WCO than most teams, to take advantage of JimmyK's blocking talent.
    And on and on and on.

But Favre's point remains.
    He has run enough WCO over the years at Green Bay that his adjustment period will be much less with the Vikings than it was with the Jets.
    Factor into that that Holmgren begat Reid who begat Chilly and the gap lessons even further.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I liked what he said, about how they dumbed down the offense in NYJ and that the offense in MN would be something he feels he knows well enough that he could teach it.
    I don't know if he literally meant teach or if he was saying he knows it like the back of his hand.
    The problem is that many defensive backs, safties, and linebackers know the Vikings offense so well that they could teach it too.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Is it really a good thing that an ex-Packer QB knows the Vikings offense so well without ever seeing the actual playbook?[/size][/size]

I know, Favre likely meant he knows that "kind" of offense well enough, but it isn't a great revelation nevertheless.
    Its on the internet.
    All you got to do is download and read it, then figure out the different nuances/variables.
    Thats the easy part.

Hard part is getting things like WR timing, how the RB gets to you (depth/size/hight of basket) etc down.

Now - take into account, for example, a zone-blocking scheme vs. a man-blocking scheme.
    The Vikings probably run more two-TE sets in the WCO than most teams, to take advantage of JimmyK's blocking talent.
    And on and on and on.

He has run enough WCO over the years at Green Bay that his adjustment period will be much less with the Vikings than it was with the Jets.
    Factor into that that Holmgren begat Reid who begat Chilly and the gap lessons even further.

=Z=
    The only thing that begat Childress was a bottle of Jim Beam and a broken condom.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Its on the internet.
    Thats the easy part.

And on and on and on.

The only thing that begat Childress was a bottle of Jim Beam and a broken condom.
    And thus the problem with trying to have serious football discussions on PPO.
    Some JA will always pop in with a smart-ass comment.

=Z=
    [size=1pt]Including the JA who wrote this post.
    Guilty, Guilty, Guilty![/size]

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

krawll is offline Waterboy

Re: Bret Favre interview

"C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=MVIKING7 link=topic=52160.msg959195#msg959195 date=1245240607]
    [quote author=krawll link=topic=52160.msg958676#msg958676 date=1245126299]
    Thank you, I was hoping to hear the interveiw.

I'll say this...

I always said I would hate #4 as long as he wore the baby poop colors... but I always admired the man.

Welcome to the family, Brett!
    shame on you
    Shame on you, for shaming on him. He's putting the Vikings ahead of Favre, are you finding a new team to cheer for when the inevitable happens? If not will you shame on yourself?
    Shame on you for shaming on him for shaming on the first guy.
    ;D
    And shame on me for ever wearing this:
    That shirt is awesome.
    Great drinking shirt.
    Not sure how much jiggly butt you'd pull trotting around in it (my guess is hit or miss...no pun intended) , but an awesome shirt none the less.
    [/quote]

The only sort of jiggly butt you're getting in a shirt like that has a d*ck on the other side.

I was only trying it on for goofs in a thrift store.... I swear.
    [/quote]

OMG! Awesome shirt...you almost look famous now
    ;D

[img width=450 height=337]http://costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/Sein_ep503.jpg[/img]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"krawll" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52160.msg959233#msg959233 date=1245249822]

I'll say this...

I always said I would hate #4 as long as he wore the baby poop colors... but I always admired the man.

shame on you
    Shame on you, for shaming on him. He's putting the Vikings ahead of Favre, are you finding a new team to cheer for when the inevitable happens? If not will you shame on yourself?

;D
    That shirt is awesome.
    Great drinking shirt.
    Not sure how much jiggly butt you'd pull trotting around in it (my guess is hit or miss...no pun intended) , but an awesome shirt none the less.
    [/quote]

The only sort of jiggly butt you're getting in a shirt like that has a d*ck on the other side.

[/quote]

;D

[img width=450 height=337]http://costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/Sein_ep503.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

lol... that episode was on last night.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "krawll" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52160.msg959248#msg959248 date=1245251965]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=52160.msg959233#msg959233 date=1245249822]

I'll say this...

shame on you
    ;D
    That shirt is awesome.
    Great drinking shirt.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too sexy

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5mtclwloEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "krawll" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52160.msg959251#msg959251 date=1245252461]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52160.msg959248#msg959248 date=1245251965]

I'll say this...

shame on you

;D
    That shirt is awesome.
    Great drinking shirt.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too sexy

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5mtclwloEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    [/quote]

[youtube=425,350]RLKGpAGCKl8[/youtube]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789