Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Brett Favre Breaks Record for Most Wins by 40-Plus Quarterback

"molineviking" wrote:

Ok, What exactly are you trying to say? Are you just being extra stubborn in this whole not mentioning him by name thing?
    Obviously every (Well almost every) member of this site that loves the Vikings has hated the Packers for the entire time Favre was there, (And beyond)
    Now personally in my deep hatred of the Packers I can honestly say I always respected his game as being one of the best, But never the less always wished for a loss by the team to the East.

Now Brett is a Viking, and as hard as it was to transition from being a hater to hoping he does well-I have no problem cheering for OUR QB, Hell, every QB we've ever had has played for a different team at one point (Obviously not our draftees) and if we're winning I don't care who's behind center, Now I've forgotten what my point was-Oh yeah so how long will you not mention him by name? or keep up the "I'll never like him" personna?? I guess it does make for a bunch of back and forth like is already going on, Now I'm gonna put a bunch of smiley faces on here to ensure you don't think I'm asking this in any j~~~~~~s kind of way ;D -There that officially means don't take this that seriously.
    His second article on the "he who shall not be mentioned" guy is much more favorable.

Don't bother with Marr on this topic.
    He knows that Favre is the reason for our success this year and he does point out some of the good things he does for us that our other QB's cannot perform.
    He just really likes to find things to dig him on when he can to help with his demons running through his brains whenever he lays eyes on the guy in purple.
    It's his way of dealing with the situation and making sure people don't unnecesarily give credit to #4 for anything that he might have been less than perfect on.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He secretly worships Favre.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"molineviking" wrote:

Ok, What exactly are you trying to say? Are you just being extra stubborn in this whole not mentioning him by name thing?
    Obviously every (Well almost every) member of this site that loves the Vikings has hated the Packers for the entire time Favre was there, (And beyond)
    Now personally in my deep hatred of the Packers I can honestly say I always respected his game as being one of the best, But never the less always wished for a loss by the team to the East.

Now Brett is a Viking, and as hard as it was to transition from being a hater to hoping he does well-I have no problem cheering for OUR QB, Hell, every QB we've ever had has played for a different team at one point (Obviously not our draftees) and if we're winning I don't care who's behind center, Now I've forgotten what my point was-Oh yeah so how long will you not mention him by name? or keep up the "I'll never like him" personna?? I guess it does make for a bunch of back and forth like is already going on, Now I'm gonna put a bunch of smiley faces on here to ensure you don't think I'm asking this in any j~~~~~~s kind of way ;D -There that officially means don't take this that seriously.
    Just to catch you up, As a Vikings fan, I don't like him. Never will.
    Doesn't mean that I can't appreaciate (as a NFL fan) what he means to the league and to this team.

I really am trying to keep my feelings out of the way and typically only get into discussions like this with the few that still try to get into them with me.

Trust me when I tell you this, I hack on all the players regardless of how great or bad they are.
    Most on here will tell you that.
    No one is sacred.

Long story short, don't try to read anything into my posts that aren't there my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    He secretly worships Favre.
    You crack me up.
    You still have to answer to me when I get home about the whole cheesehead/Wildwoman thing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

His second article on the "he who shall not be mentioned" guy is much more favorable.

He knows that Favre is the reason for our success this year and he does point out some of the good things he does for us that our other QB's cannot perform.
    He just really likes to find things to dig him on when he can to help with his demons running through his brains whenever he lays eyes on the guy in purple.
    It's his way of dealing with the situation and making sure people don't unnecesarily give credit to #4 for anything that he might have been less than perfect on.
    I dig on them all if they deserve it, or atleast if I think they deserve it.
    You know that.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

Doesn't mean that I can't appreaciate (as a NFL fan) what he means to the league and to this team.

I really am trying to keep my feelings out of the way and typically only get into discussions like this with the few that still try to get into them with me.

Trust me when I tell you this, I hack on all the players regardless of how great or bad they are.
    No one is sacred.

Long story short, don't try to read anything into my posts that aren't there my friend.

So what you're really saying is......................Alright I won't bring it up with you then, Would it be ok to have lengthy discussions with others about it though????
    Just messing around there, well you didn't respond with a slew of insults (Sometimes I worry about that when discussion get heated-I don't want to get sent to hell) So thanks for that.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

I dig on them all if they deserve it, or atleast if I think they deserve it.
    You know that.

You have to work really hard to find digs on Favre this year, kudos to you for being so vigilant in finding the imperfections.
    The idolization of Brett would be way out of hand if you didn't help bring us back down to earth.

Favre will have a bad game or two this year, can't believe he hasn't to this point.
    When that time occurs, then you will have more than enough material on him, but to date, this guy has been way beyond expectations.

"molineviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

No one is sacred.

Long story short, don't try to read anything into my posts that aren't there My Farvish Friend.

So what you're really saying is......................Alright I won't bring it up with you then, Would it be ok to have lengthy discussions with others about it though????
    Just messing around there, well you didn't respond with a slew of insults (Sometimes I worry about that when discussion get heated-I don't want to get sent to hell) So thanks for that.
    I got pissy with you in my PM I sent you.
    JK, you will find that it is alot more fun around these here parts if you don't take yourself to serious.

As to lengthy discussions, go ahead.
    I find all football discussions interesting.
    In fact I try to get them going with articles like the ones I posted.
    Most of the time though Singer, the ole Newshound, gives me lots to read/start discussions with so I don't have to post them.

By the by, I did send you a PM, Hope that helps.
    ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12