Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Brett Favre to appear on Jay Leno March 4th

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    ...I really was impressed with one aspect of the interview in particular. "One of my greatest accomplishments was winning over MOST of the Minnesota fans. For so many years I was hated there."...
    If you play the tape backwards you can hear him saying, "Fuck Marrdro, singersp, VQ, and BLV".
    LOL, I sent him another invitation to go fishing with me. Caveat is, it has to be sometime before camp begins.......

Assured him I still had a special life vest that I [strike]poured[/strike] made just to fit him.

Funny, he still hasn't answered.
    well if not before camp then sure he'll have a couple of free weeks in July when there's nothing better to do
    Way to many helicopters in this area my friend. I suspect that if he waited to go fishing with me by then, the copters would be following us around.

Pretty hard to test out the life vest if a camera is on my boat......

Best bet is to get it done sooner rather than later.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

this probably isnt the right forum to post this on, but i was too lazy to look around for the official brett favre thread.

i was listening to the Rick Spielman interview done by Paul Allen today and i heard something interesting.
    Allen made a joke and said, "so what your saying is, Rick Spielman, Vice President of Player Personnel Minnesota Vikings, If we don't sign Ladanian, your gonna trade picks 1, 2 and 3 to get somebody to come in here and help right?"

after chuckling for a moment, Spielman said, "again i think we feel very confident about who we have, we have all our starters back, we have a lot of playmakers on the offense, ya know we're trying to fill in some of those role-type players...

does this mean he knows something about Favre that we dont know?

now i know this is just dumb speculation, but what if Brett knows full and well that he's coming back next season and so does the FO, but they're just keeping this "will he wont he" game going on because it gives Favre and the vikes more publicity. but why would the VP of player personnel say something like that if he knew that everyone was wondering whether his pro-bowl QB was coming back or not.

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist so if this just sounds dumb, forget about it and tell me i'm stupid. but, you have to admit it, its something to think about.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

mad-dog_six-eight wrote:
    this probably isnt the right forum to post this on, but i was too lazy to look around for the official brett favre thread.

i was listening to the Rick Spielman interview done by Paul Allen today and i heard something interesting.
    Allen made a joke and said, "so what your saying is, Rick Spielman, Vice President of Player Personnel Minnesota Vikings, If we don't sign Ladanian, your gonna trade picks 1, 2 and 3 to get somebody to come in here and help right?"

after chuckling for a moment, Spielman said, "again i think we feel very confident about who we have, we have all our starters back, we have a lot of playmakers on the offense, ya know we're trying to fill in some of those role-type players...

now i know this is just dumb speculation, but what if Brett knows full and well that he's coming back next season and so does the FO, but they're just keeping this "will he wont he" game going on because it gives Favre and the vikes more publicity. but why would the VP of player personnel say something like that if he knew that everyone was wondering whether his pro-bowl QB was coming back or not.

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist so if this just sounds dumb, forget about it and tell me i'm stupid. but, you have to admit it, its something to think about.
    It's not that bad of a theory. In fact, I think it is correct, well, sort of. Childress was visiting Favre at his pad last week and Favre is on record after the NFCCG saying that he would let them know within two months. So, it is reasonable to speculate that Childress knows he's coming back and the FA/Draft will have one more smokescreen, albeit a weak one, in favor of the Vikings. It's no secret the Vikings still need a viable long-term solution at QB.

Regarding Spielman, he is a moron and anything that happens based on his words is purely due to serendipity.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mad-dog_six-eight wrote:

There is a certain yutz on here who continually states that you should never believe anything you hear from FO pukes, Players and Coaches, especially this time of the year.

As to your concern about the Noodle. That same yutz has repeatedly pointed out that he signed a two year contract for a reason.

Marrdro wrote:
    mad-dog_six-eight wrote:

There is a certain yutz on here who continually states that you should never believe anything you hear from FO pukes, Players and Coaches, especially this time of the year.

As to your concern about the Noodle. That same yutz has repeatedly pointed out that he signed a two year contract for a reason.
    The only problem with the theory is that it also assumes Ray Edwards doesnt get signed away by someone else. I do believe however with regard to Favre that he is definitely coming back for one last dance. I think that everyone from Zygi down in the organization is aware of this unspoken acknoledgement, and are using it as subtrefuge.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678