Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Brett Favre to appear on Jay Leno March 4th

ejmat wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.
    I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.
    Or maybe Jay Leno asked if he would come on for the interview and Favre agreed to it. Obviously money plays a factor in just about every decision as it would for me too. $10M is hard to pass up. So is $12m and $13M.

CMac is right though. I don't think he is going to go on the Jay Leno show to announce his retirement. I don't see him making a decision one way or the other either although I would love if he did
    Wait a minute.....I thought he already did this...... :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingLance is offline Starter

Maybe, just maybe, he is going to go against conventional wisdom and announce that he will be playing for the Vikes one more season. Wouldn't that make the haters & the fans collective jaws drop! No waffling. No mid summer press conferences about playing. No DRAMA. naaaaa....I don't think so, but it would be awesome.

VikingLance wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe, he is going to go against conventional wisdom and announce that he will be playing for the Vikes one more season. Wouldn't that make the haters & the fans collective jaws drop! No waffling. No mid summer press conferences about playing. No DRAMA. naaaaa....I don't think so, but it would be awesome.
    As a self proffessed "Disliker" of the guy, I don't think a simple thing like announcing his intentions will change my opinion of him as my dislike has nothing to do with his waffling.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingLance is offline Starter

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingLance wrote:
    As a self proffessed "Disliker" of the guy, I don't think a simple thing like announcing his intentions will change my opinion of him as my dislike has nothing to do with his waffling.
    C'mon Marrdro, I thought you were so close to becomming a Favre disciple.....this is all it would take....

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it. Many fans, for and against Favre coming here, warned of the drama that will unfold in the offseason, and I think it would be the ultimate 180 if he decided so soon.

VikingLance wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingLance wrote:
    C'mon Marrdro, I thought you were so close to becomming a Favre disciple.....this is all it would take....

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it. Many fans, for and against Favre coming here, warned of the drama that will unfold in the offseason, and I think it would be the ultimate 180 if he decided so soon.
    LOL, there are a couple on here who really wish I would come around and become a fan so that I would leave thier boy alone, however, don't see it happening my friend. :cheer:

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it.
    I'm tracking with that.

Truth of the matter is, I think the only thing stopping him from saying anything is, then the assumption would be (by the talking heads and lame) that he would show up for camp, which we all know that that is what this is all about.

Not wanting to come to camp.

Mooch said it best when he said, "I know your listening Noodle".....

In a nutshell he basicall said, "show up a bit early, let the rooks see you/get to know them, teamates love to have you around and the press loves it when you are on the field."

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.
    I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.
    Never heard he was greedy my friend. Thanks, added that to the list of things I can't stand about him.

Quick question, ........Do you run for the remote to switch the channel everytime one of those commercials come on? I do, except that damn Jeans commercial. I love watching him throw high to the cat at the end. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    LOL at you believing some crap like that with no evidence. I doubt it is about money with Favre. Do you ever see him being flashy or spending money on cars?
    He does have a separate road to his mother in laws house on his farm.

That in of itself kindof alludes to the fact the cat has coinage.....
    Just because he has money does not mean he is greedy.

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    This appearance makes me think he's definitely coming back.

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

If he was planning on retiring, going on Leno doesn't make much sense.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.
    Yeah ... I think at this point it is a solid bet that he is coming back.

I do doubt that he would announce it on Leno though.
    They knew it was gonna take 2 years. Thats why he signed a 2 year contract.

Nothing hard to understand about that.

Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.
    You got it bad my friend. You got it real bad...... :laugh:
    Yup I do. It is called reality.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.

Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.
    Reality.... :laugh:

Missed you last week.

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingLance wrote:
    Nothing will change your mind. That is the definition of a "hater".

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Reality.... :laugh:

Missed you last week.
    Missed you too. Sad part is that I probably will not be on very much with the new job. I am loving Arizona though!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast