Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Brett Favre to appear on Jay Leno March 4th

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.
    I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.
    Never heard he was greedy my friend. Thanks, added that to the list of things I can't stand about him.

Quick question, ........Do you run for the remote to switch the channel everytime one of those commercials come on? I do, except that damn Jeans commercial. I love watching him throw high to the cat at the end. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    Never heard he was greedy my friend. Thanks, added that to the list of things I can't stand about him.

Quick question, ........Do you run for the remote to switch the channel everytime one of those commercials come on? I do, except that damn Jeans commercial. I love watching him throw high to the cat at the end. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    High and slightly behind... he catches it over his head instead of infront of him where he can keep his eyes on it easier!

But no, I can't be bothered turning the channel simply cause of Favre or even Flo. Besides, I'm generally playing Sudoku or chasing kids or something else when the TV is on and barely paying attention anyhow.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

High and slightly behind... he catches it over his head instead of infront of him where he can keep his eyes on it easier!

But no, I can't be bothered turning the channel simply cause of Favre or even Flo. Besides, I'm generally playing Sudoku or chasing kids or something else when the TV is on and barely paying attention anyhow.
    Kids, they sure can mess it up at times. Just wait, pretty soon it will be just you and the beagles.....

On a side note, how can you bash my newest hottie Flo.....? hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Voodoo Man is offline Rookie

I would hope Favre would say he is coming back on the show. That way all the BS will be done with. I would guess the longer it hangs out there the bigger the pain for the team/fans.
    None

Voodoo Man wrote:
    I would hope Favre would say he is coming back on the show. That way all the BS will be done with. I would guess the longer it hangs out there the bigger the pain for the team/fans.
    I don't think it bothers the team at all my friend.

Only issue with respect to him announcing it is mostly related to the talking heads spinning the fans.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    This appearance makes me think he's definitely coming back.

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

If he was planning on retiring, going on Leno doesn't make much sense.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.
    Yeah ... I think at this point it is a solid bet that he is coming back.

I do doubt that he would announce it on Leno though.
    They knew it was gonna take 2 years. Thats why he signed a 2 year contract.

Nothing hard to understand about that.

As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.
    Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.

LOL at you believing some crap like that with no evidence. I doubt it is about money with Favre. Do you ever see him being flashy or spending money on cars?

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

LOL at you believing some crap like that with no evidence. I doubt it is about money with Favre. Do you ever see him being flashy or spending money on cars?
    He does have a separate road to his mother in laws house on his farm.

That in of itself kindof alludes to the fact the cat has coinage.....

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    This appearance makes me think he's definitely coming back.

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

If he was planning on retiring, going on Leno doesn't make much sense.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.
    Yeah ... I think at this point it is a solid bet that he is coming back.

I do doubt that he would announce it on Leno though.
    They knew it was gonna take 2 years. Thats why he signed a 2 year contract.

Nothing hard to understand about that.

Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.
    You got it bad my friend. You got it real bad...... :laugh:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Or maybe Jay Leno asked if he would come on for the interview and Favre agreed to it. Obviously money plays a factor in just about every decision as it would for me too. $10M is hard to pass up. So is $12m and $13M.

CMac is right though. I don't think he is going to go on the Jay Leno show to announce his retirement. I don't see him making a decision one way or the other either although I would love if he did

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast