Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Two things to remember about Harvin:

1. When he's not playing, he is a drama queen.
    2. He doesn't play that much, which means he bitches a lot!

2009: 15GP 60Rec. 790yds.
    2010: 14GP 71Rec. 868yds.
    2011: 16GP 87Rec. 967yds.
    2012: 9GP 62Rec. 677yds.

I know he rushes for yds. and also returns...But NO 1000yds. receiving. 11 games missed in 4 years. Most importantly the Vikes go 5-2 down the stretch without him! Compared to the top receivers in the league:

20 Receivers caught for over 1000yds. last year, 19 in 2011, 17 in 2010, and 23 in 2009. If you want elite money, you need to show elite numbers and we all know how athletic Percy is and no one is denying that he is a talented player, but if you want the big bucks, you need to produce and in order to produce, you need to be on the field. STFU and play the game. Percy is much better at running his mouth that running a play. He is made of glass! Percy and Richard Sherman will make a great team...a lot of talk!

[QUOTE=MulletMullitia;1136990]We'll know by tomorrow night! Cruz/Jennings/Wallace/Welker or a BIG FAT FAILURE for the Vikings front office. You don't make steps forward by making steps back. Make a move, Rick![/QUOT
    How is another first round pick and dealing away a distraction a "failure?" With AD doing his thing and solid play from Rudolf and a guy like Amendola, I feel the team can compete. I'd be happy as hell with Welker and Amendola. And I belief they would help out Ponder in a big way. honestly, I really don't see any of those guys except for Amendola, comin this way. I don't. What is the team lookin to do? Help Ponder. Solid, journeyman guys will do the trick. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    As far as his headaches go, I don't think many of you have a clue how bad cluster migraines are. Imagine the worst headache you have ever had (if you did not vomit or cry, it is not near bad enough), and imagine that headache for days or weeks at a time. Add that to the inability to focus one's eyes and a nauseated feeling when moving. They are called suicide headaches because many people cannot take them year after year. I am aflicted them; I know what they can do, and Harvin is no wimp for not practicing with them full blown. The Vikings obviously did not understand the migraines, as they tried to cure Harvin of them. There is no cure that won't kill you in another way down the line.
    Sorry you have to deal with this, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. As far as Harvin goes, I really don't care if he has them or not. I am a fan, short for fanatic. He gets paid to PLAY, not sit out. He's not a wimp, but he's not reliable. In order to be elite, you need to be on the field and in short, Harvin wanted elite money for his efforts, which in my estimation was less than elite. Yes, he is talented, but he is an cancer in the locker room, combined with ALL of is health issues makes him expendable.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    As for the trade, I guess we made the best of a bad situation. All of us wanted a happy, healthy, reasonably paid Harvin on the team going forward but it didn't work out that way.

The good news is we can use a first rounder alone to replace 75% of Harvin's WR production. KR is another story, we no longer have the most dangerous special teams in the NFL. We didn't gain much cap room for this year, but we can certainly justify paying one reciever a hefty sum now when we couldn't have before if we were to extend Harvin.

It's not ideal because we'll be worse for it this year, but over the next 2-3 years we may even come out ahead if Millitia's buddy Rick has another good draft haha

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Ian Rapoport mentioned Greg Jennings TWICE to the Vikings in his last live segment on NFL live.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    At the very least he'd bring a lot of experience to a WR corps(e) that had Jenkins in that role. Anything over $10M tho f-that and look to pick up another player for the defense in FA.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I hate to see him go. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it or be like others and start to dissing him, bash him or call him names.

The guy brought his game to the field and gave 100% every week. Fans are going to find out just how valuable he was next season. I find myself more in the AD camp.

The star running back and reigning NFL MVP had this to tweet about on Monday after the trade.

"Wow, the best all around player that I have ever seen, or that you will ever see is heading to Seattle. I feel like I have just been kicked in the gut, many time over."
    That certainly doesn't sound like he's happy he's gone or mention anything about him being a cancer in the locker room. In fact no one from the Vikings staff or players have said so. That was all media & fan driven. Probably blown way out of proportion.

Yup he had issues with Ponder's abilities, but I think he's spot on & Ponder will prove him even more right next year. Just watching the way Rudolph was used in the Pro Bowl showed me just how much we were wasting his & Harvin's talent.

I'm glad we did get a 1st, 7th & 2014 3rd rounder out of the deal. He was as good as gone anyway & I thought we might get a few picks for him, but nothing higher than a 2nd.

The proof will be in the pudding though & unless we can replace Harvin via FA or the draft, the picks aren't that meaningful.

Keep in mind we traded a WR away once before and had the 7th overall pick of the draft, not the 23rd or 27th, but the 7th. We ended up getting Troy Williamson in return.

Even if we get a good one, he'll probably go to waste as we find out even more just how right Harvin was about Ponder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hate to see him go. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it or be like others and start to dissing him, bash him or call him names.

The guy brought his game to the field and gave 100% every week. Fans are going to find out just how valuable he was next season. I find myself more in the AD camp.

That certainly doesn't sound like he's happy he's gone or mention anything about him being a cancer in the locker room. In fact no one from the Vikings staff or players have said so. That was all media & fan driven. Probably blown way out of proportion.

Yup he had issues with Ponder's abilities, but I think he's spot on & Ponder will prove him even more right next year. Just watching the way Rudolph was used in the Pro Bowl showed me just how much we were wasting his & Harvin's talent.

I'm glad we did get a 1st, 7th & 2014 3rd rounder out of the deal. He was as good as gone anyway & I thought we might get a few picks for him, but nothing higher than a 2nd.

The proof will be in the pudding though & unless we can replace Harvin via FA or the draft, the picks aren't that meaningful.

Keep in mind we traded a WR away once before and had the 7th overall pick of the draft, not the 23rd or 27th, but the 7th. We ended up getting Troy Williamson in return.

Even if we get a good one, he'll probably go to waste as we find out even more just how right Harvin was about Ponder.
    + a million!

Perfectly said Singer. My thoughts exactly! Could you blame Sidney for wanting 10 million more dollars? Can you blame Percy for not wanting to play with a better QB? No again. And you can't say Spielman didn't get market value. Hell, a first and a 3rd?! That's way better than I thought we would get for him. But low balling Boldin? And potentially striking out on Wallace too? This worries me. Spielman has been getting a lot more approval from me lately. But he has to prove to me that he can do more than just draft. He has to be effective in FA too. So re-sign Felton FIRST (THIS IS THE #1 PRIORITY), then sign Greg Jennings! Yes you overpay. But he spent his whole life in the NFC north. A true professional. Or you give up a 1st and get Victor Cruz. The real blockbuster move that this team needs! I'm sorry that I don't share the same optimism as I see Rick Spielman trending towards the same boring draft heavy offseason that we've all come to loathe. Let's not forget that one of his best draft picks was Percy Harvin. That's a scratch now. So he has Adrian Peterson and that's about it. Make some moves Rick. We are getting impatient.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    he is an cancer in the locker room, combined with ALL of is health issues makes him expendable.
    Do you have quotes from any players or staff saying so? The headaches are a non-issue and were resolved a few years ago,

Before injuring his ankle, Harvin missed 3 games in 4 years. Childs missed 16 games in 1 year & he's still on the roster. He's not as elite as some people would like him to be but a huge part of that is due to the QB limiting that potential.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

This speculation stuff is classic...I dig it. So Cruz comes with 1st round pick attatched to any deal, and the Vikes just so happened to get the 'Hawks 1st pick in trade for Percival. Giving them...Two. MY PREDICTIONS ARE: Cruz or Amandola, or both. No Wallace or Jennings or Welker. Am I wrong? My only hope is that the team doesn't get stupid and overpay for Jennings. I don't see it though. Cruz and Amendola. that's my story and Im stickin too it.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast