Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Breaking News: Vikings Agree to Trade Percy Harvin to Seattle

We need picks not happy to see him go
    But I want players that bleed purple

Ravens proved with talent around a shit QB
    You can win
    None

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Hate to see him go ... but he was a pain in the ass. Hope this doesn't have a negative effect with AD. As long as we don't waste the pics AD should be fine. We move on.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    People in the Dolphins organization think that it's going to come down to a bidding war with the Vikings for Mike Wallace. In the range of 12-13 million. I thought this might happen. Gotta overpay to keep the fans and veterans from a mutiny, and you still get to keep both your 1st round picks.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Trading Harvin shows that the Vikings are not a team with the goods. Harvin wanted to be paid for his production, and he wanted a quarterback who could throw the ball more than five yards downfield to moving receivers; was that too much to ask for?

Harvin had physical injuries in his career that cost him games; players have them. As far as his headaches go, I don't think many of you have a clue how bad cluster migraines are. Imagine the worst headache you have ever had (if you did not vomit or cry, it is not near bad enough), and imagine that headache for days or weeks at a time. Add that to the inability to focus one's eyes and a nauseated feeling when moving. They are called suicide headaches because many people cannot take them year after year. I am have them; I know what they can do, and Harvin is no wimp for not practicing with them full blown. The Vikings obviously did not understand the migraines, as they tried to cure Harvin of them. There is no cure that won't kill you in another way down the line.

This was not a better deal than the Vikings received for Randy Moss. The Vikings received the 7th overall pick for Moss; this pick is not even close to the same value. Considering a healthy Moss and a healthy Harvin are both game breakers, this may end up in a similar way to the Moss debacle years ago.

The Vikings cannot pigeonhole a first round pick for a WR. They have to go best player available and fill needs via free agency. Not to do so has the potential for long term failure for wasting value in the draft.

Two of the best teams in the NFC, with better young QB's than the Vikings drafted, just got better. The Vikings just got worse. The pick may end up great or may bust. The Vikings may use the Harvin money for a good receiver, but how good? So far, the Vikings have a bird in the bush and nothing more.
    Last edited by Minniman; 03-11-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Trade away Percy and somehow convince the fanbase that Danny Amendola was our best option? Yeah... that sounds like Spielman. Cruz or bust! Bring the salsa dance to Minnesota.
    Easy there guy. I was suggesting that Amendola, while somewhat injury-prone, is a "Solid" reciever. WhenTF did Spielman enter into my question. He is a dependable guy that could help out Ponder. By all means, I hope the team pursues top tier guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing Amendola in purple at all.
    Tuco the world.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Easy there guy. I was suggesting that Amendola, while somewhat injury-prone, is a "Solid" reciever. WhenTF did Spielman enter into my question. He is a dependable guy that could help out Ponder. By all means, I hope the team pursues top tier guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing Amendola in purple at all.
    I wouldn't mind it either. He's a good receiver. Not great. Which is Spielman's MO. He will cheap out and get the cheapest dependable option he can find. Enter, Danny Amendola. Jennings back to GB or a team with a good QB, Wallace to Miami for a dumb contract (12+ mil / year), Cruz back to NYC because he signed with Condon, and Welker back to NE because Brady restructured. What am I missing here? I think that about covers it. Amendola + a flyer in the draft sounds about right. And a DT in the first round that we don't need.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    I've always thought Spielman was an idiot, but now I know it for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    None

Blog Entries
    We'll know by tomorrow night! Cruz/Jennings/Wallace/Welker or a BIG FAT FAILURE for the Vikings front office. You don't make steps forward by making steps back. Make a move, Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    We need picks not happy to see him go
    But I want players that bleed purple

Ravens proved with talent around a shit QB
    You can win
    Dude...lets see: Flacco ties Montana and Warner for the most td's in a single post season while additionally tying Montana for the most touchdowns without an interception in a single postseason. The guy deserves the money, and he's faaaar from "Shit." Wish the 'Vikes had him. Now, if you want to talk about a "SHIT" Qb winning a SB? TRENT DILFER. Nuff said
    Tuco the world.....

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I wouldn't mind it either. He's a good receiver. Not great. Which is Spielman's MO. He will cheap out and get the cheapest dependable option he can find. Enter, Danny Amendola. Jennings back to GB or a team with a good QB, Wallace to Miami for a dumb contract (12+ mil / year), Cruz back to NYC because he signed with Condon, and Welker back to NE because Brady restructured. What am I missing here? I think that about covers it. Amendola + a flyer in the draft sounds about right. And a DT in the first round that we don't need.
    I wouldn't say we don't need a DT...We got by okay with Guion/Evans but neither were very imactful. And KWill won't be around much longer, and who knows how long he has left as an impact player. I'd say we need two, not zero...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast