Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    We might overpay for Mike Wallace. Which would be bittersweet. We would finally see what Ponder can do. If he can't throw the deep ball, bring in a Big Ben / Flacco type. Not as ideal as Cruz, but I still love the move. Most likely we do some sneaky trading in the draft. End up with Hopkins or Keenan Allen. Then sign one of either Danny Amendola or Brandon Gibson.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I think we were forced to trade Harvin - and Seattle will not get the value from him they think they will....like Rice.

I think that we will have a hard time replacing Harvin on the talent side of things, and I don't really think our Coaching Staff is up to the task of developing a top tier receiver.

And I also believe that our 1st Round QB has played woefully short of where he should be. Until he steps up, it doesn't matter who the receivers are.

Caine

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    We might overpay for Mike Wallace. Which would be bittersweet. We would finally see what Ponder can do. If he can't throw the deep ball, bring in a Big Ben / Flacco type. Not as ideal as Cruz, but I still love the move. Most likely we do some sneaky trading in the draft. End up with Hopkins or Keenan Allen. Then sign one of either Danny Amendola or Brandon Gibson.
    Big Ben/Flacco types don't just grow on trees.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!
    'Adrian Peterson

Our best player feels like the organization just kicked him in the gut several times, and our 2nd best player just got traded. It's hard for me to a put a positive spin on this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Big Ben/Flacco types don't just grow on trees.
    No they don't. But I imagine that we would probably try to acquire a big arm if Ponder couldn't get the ball to Wallace. Especially if we overpaid him. Knowing the Vikings though.... that big arm could be a 50 year old Jeff George.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think we were forced to trade Harvin - and Seattle will not get the value from him they think they will....like Rice.

I think that we will have a hard time replacing Harvin on the talent side of things, and I don't really think our Coaching Staff is up to the task of developing a top tier receiver.

And I also believe that our 1st Round QB has played woefully short of where he should be. Until he steps up, it doesn't matter who the receivers are.

Caine
    Agreed with pretty much all of that. Only thing I'm not confident in there is Seattle not getting their value out of Harvin, I hope you're right on that one.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Now that Harvin is back with Bevell you can bet the migraines start back up.

I wanted him to stay a Viking but I knew we would get good value for him. I wish we would of traded him to the AFC

Blog Entries
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Per @dannyoneil, whom I just inadvertently gave a wildly wrong weight for Percy Harvin (190, not 220), the 2014 pick is a 3rd-rounder. Wow.

Ben Goessling ‏@BenGoesslingPP

#Vikings will get a third-round pick for Percy Harvin in 2014, in addition to a first- and seventh-rounder this year, I'm told.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st and a 7th this year and a 3rd rounder next year looks like the offical haul.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!
    'Adrian Peterson

Our best player feels like the organization just kicked him in the gut several times, and our 2nd best player just got traded. It's hard for me to a put a positive spin on this.
    He did have hernia surgery.....it could just be some complications 8-o

Third rounder next year is pretty huge. I think we got a better deal for Harvin than the Dolphins got for Marshall last year(2 third round picks).
    I don't like trading our best players, but I like getting maximum value in return.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast