Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Not Cruz or bust, but I smell what you are stepping in. One would have to think now that Greg Jennings can see what is happening here, and the fact that AD is not happy with the Harvin deal, that he will not sign here now. If that is the case, they have to trade for a WR that has no say so if they come to this team. Right now, this team is a PR nightmare with not having any kind of passing game, and they play in a passing league.
    I totally support Jennings too! But he wants a QB. I don't see him going from Rodgers to Ponder.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we kinda know what some of Harvin's issues were with the Vikings. Can't say that I blame him in that aspect, but the guy could have went about it in a different way. We don't hear AD saying anything about Ponder, even though we would have to assume that he feels the same way. Hell, even we fans feel the same way.

Wonder if maybe AD is starting to feel like Barry Sanders 2.0? The Vikings better do something and quick to not waste this guys career. I feel bad for AD, all that talent and the front office still can't get it right. GB would have won a few titles by now if they had AD on their team, just saying.

Bingo. AD has to be as frustrated as anyone, but he is nothing but a class act. We have several players who I think could be much better with a better QB (hi there probowl MVP Rudolph), but you play the hand you are dealt.

What exactly did Harvin want us to do at this point? It isn't like there are a lot of QB options out there. Yeah, the FO blew it a bit last year by having pretty much NOBODY else ready for the position. They could have and should have had a better backup in place, but that doesn't change the fact that there really wasn't anyone else in the market that the Vikings could have pursued for a starter. Just like there isn't this year. Like it or not Ponder is our QB if for no other reason than there simply aren't any other options.

Part of me is hoping that Smith slides in the first to a spot that we can jump up and grab him... but I know that is mostly wishful thinking (mostly). So I have to hope that we see more of the Ponder that we saw against GB in week 17, and less of the Ponder that we saw against GB in week 13...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Adrian Peterson is not happy about the Percy Harvin trade
    By Kevin Kaduk |

Minnesota Vikings fans aren't alone in their disappointment over Percy Harvin being traded to the Seattle Seahawks. Also feeling a bit bitter? Why, none other than Adrian Peterson. The star running back and reigning NFL MVP had this to tweet about on Monday after the trade.

"Wow, the best all around player that I have ever seen, or that you will ever see is heading to Seattle. I feel like I have just been kicked in the gut, many time over."

Given the often-awkward situation that existed between Harvin and the Vikings, Monday's trade could not have come as a complete surprise to Peterson. The writing was pretty much on the wall with Harvin asking for a big contract and the Vikings unwilling to pay the price for a player who has struggled with injuries during his career.
    But while the crop of draft picks the Vikings received can help Minnesota build a winner, you can still understand Peterson's frustration. Minnesota's not any closer to building on 2012's playoff appearance and how much longer can A.D. really wait for a chance at that ring?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I totally support Jennings too! But he wants a QB. I don't see him going from Rodgers to Ponder.
    Money will talk, but I have to agree with you on this one.

Blog Entries
    I hear ya man. I am the last one to support Ponder, I still think he is the biggest pussy of a pro sports player to not play in that playoff game. Several QB's have played with worse injuries, and he bowed out. I just hope that AD doesn't ask for a trade now, could anyone really blame him if he does? The guy is great, and wants to win a SB. Sadly, I don't believe that will be here.
    Um, not a Ponder fan here either... but he physically couldn't move his right arm above his shoulder. Name one QB who has played without his throwing arm. It wasn't a pain things. I am pretty sure this was covered ad nauseum after the playoff game.

ANYWAY, you are going off the deep end here with AD asking for a trade. LMAO. Step off the ledge brother. AD was just voicing his support for Percy. He, and everyone else, knew that this trade was coming. And in the end it is the best thing for both Percy and the Vikings.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Um, not a Ponder fan here either... but he physically couldn't move his right arm above his shoulder. Name one QB who has played without his throwing arm. It wasn't a pain things. I am pretty sure this was covered ad nauseum after the playoff game.

ANYWAY, you are going off the deep end here with AD asking for a trade. LMAO. Step off the ledge brother. AD was just voicing his support for Percy. He, and everyone else, knew that this trade was coming. And in the end it is the best thing for both Percy and the Vikings.
    Brady played with a grade 3 sprain of his throwing arm a few years ago, and Favre played with broken fingers on his throwing hand. Look them both up. To me, Ponder is a puss.

Blog Entries
    Adrian Peterson is not happy about the Percy Harvin trade
    By Kevin Kaduk |

<snip>
    FYI, don't copy and paste entire articles. PP.O can get into copyright trouble that way. just post the link.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    FYI, don't copy and paste entire articles. PP.O can get into copyright trouble that way. just post the link.
    Oops, sorry, I haven't been around here in a long time. How do I do that?

Blog Entries
    Brady played with a grade 3 sprain of his throwing arm a few years ago, and Favre played with broken fingers on his throwing hand. Look them both up. To me, Ponder is a puss.
    Neither of those are close. Say that Ponder is an average QB at best and you won't hear any disagreement from me. Calling him a pussy because he didn't play in the playoff game is, well, just wrong. It isn't even a subjective call - it is a fact that he could NOT play.

Then again, as it turns out, neither could Webb...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Oops, sorry, I haven't been around here in a long time. How do I do that?
    No problem, just copy the url into the body. The system will turn it into a link with title and author automatically.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast