Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I had mentioned this possibility right after the Harvin trade. The only thing about this story that gets me is that the Vikings don't have to make a trade unless the Giants match what the Vikings offer Cruz as a RFA. If the Giants didn't match the Vikings offer, then the Giants would get the one of the Vikings 1st rd picks.

The only way I can see them talking trade is if the offer is lower than a 1st rd pick and the Giants don't believe the Vikings or any other team would give up their 1st rd pick for Cruz. If the Vikings got Cruz for anything less than a 1st rd pick, I would be happy with that. Then draft a stud WR with one of their 1st rd picks this year.

All I know is that the Vikings absolutely need to either sign a free agent WR like Wallace or Jennings, or trade for a WR like Cruz, or either trade a late pick for Boldin or wait for him to be cut. Someone will offer the Ravens something for Boldin, so maybe throw a 4th rd pick at them and see if they bite.

If the Vikings try to rebuild the receiving group through the draft, then I am going back to the Rick Spielman is dumber than a mound of dirt scenario. The only way to take a average at best QB to the next level is to get him some weapons. I would hope that the Vikings have a few tricks up their sleeves, otherwise this could be a long and frustrating year for Viking fans. There is no Megatron, AJ Green, or Julio Jones in this draft. They need to get some guys in here via free agency or trade, then focus on the draft. You can't have to many weapons, especially when you have a mediocre QB with no backup who can spark the offense.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I hope we face the Seahawks in the playoffs this year and destroy them.

Take that Harvin!

looks like that guy didn't like the way she cleaned house
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    If we acquire Cruz, I will take down the Fire Spielman campaign once and for all. He definitely won the Harvin trade. But we are a worse team than we were yesterday. 2 picks (even great picks) won't change that this year. We swung on Boldin and missed with a total lowball. We better not miss tomorrow, or we will lose the veterans of this team.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    He would be a great addition, although a very expensive one. Instantly becomes the best route runner we've seen in a long time.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    If we had landed Boldin for a 6th... I would have stfu about Spielman. So close to shutting me up, keep trying Spiel...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Yeah, like the Vikings couldn't have offered a 5th or 6th rd pick for Boldin? Our 6th rd pick would have been better than the 49ers for obvious reasons. I would have to assume that the Ravens asked the Vikings for their 6th rd pick to sweeten the deal, but the Vikings declined.

Hope that means they are seriously targeting a different high profile WR. If they aren't, something is seriously wrong with this front office. The Vikings only had 1 real threat last season, and that was the headcase Harvin. With trading him and releasing Jenkins, the Vikings basically have High School talent at the WR position now.

Not to mention that Peterson was on Twitter voicing his displeasure of the Harvin trade. It was best for the team to trade him, but I am sure that the two of them were close friends and Peterson is pissed off about the traded. Need to do something to keep your star player, and the fans happy. Your deal Spielman.

Danny Amendola?? Anyone? Thoughts?
    Tuco the world.....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I don't know if San Fran got a good deal on Boldin or not. He has one year left on his contract worth 6million, with a cap hit of 7.5million. He wouldn't restructure with the Ravens, so he probably won't with the 49ers. That means after this season he will be a free agent. I'd rather invest in a longer term solution.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Danny Amendola?? Anyone? Thoughts?
    I would not be opposed or surprised to see the Vikings pursue Amendola. He fits the mold - young, impactful, cheap.

I know he has some health issues though, and I also heard that the Eagles were going to try and sign him. We'll see though. FA starts in about 6 1/2 hours...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I don't know if San Fran got a good deal on Boldin or not. He has one year left on his contract worth 6million, with a cap hit of 7.5million. He wouldn't restructure with the Ravens, so he probably won't with the 49ers. That means after this season he will be a free agent. I'd rather invest in a longer term solution.
    For a 6th rounder it is a decent deal. I would have been happy with it. But it is what it is.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast