Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Breaking News: Vikings Agree to Trade Percy Harvin to Seattle

People wanting a Cruz deal are nuts. We can have Jennings and a 1st round WR. Jennings is a perfect fit. He runs great routes, is not afraid to go inside, amazing hands, and has great character.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    CRUZ: NFLN was reporting that the Giants were going to put a first round restricted agent tender on him, which means you essentially have to give a first round pick for him.

Wallace is free of restrictions but is reported to be looking at 12 million a year.

We are not spending that much. That would surprise the crap out of me if we spent 12 million on a WR.

Doesn't make sense to give up our pick we got for Harvin to acquire Cruz.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Yeah, I get that, does that mean Harvin has to stir shit up? So when AD has a bad game because he is looking at 9 man fronts all the time because Ponder can't play for shit, that doesn't put him in the same category as the WR's?

Again, they were boys in the locker room and in real life, what is he supposed to say? Just because Harvin and AD were tight doesn't mean that others didn't consider him a cancer to the team. Maybe if Harvin would have learned from AD how to keep his mouth shut and be a team player, all of this wouldn't have happened.
    Again, he had 1 incident in the locker room with Frazier. Does that automatically make him a cancer in the locker room? AD didn't have to say anything, no one asked his 2 cents worth. He volunteered his feelings and there was nothing but praise for him. As to all these other players you claim that think he's a cancer do you so much as have a tweet from any of them saying so? I didn't think so. AD said he felt like he was repeatedly kicked in the gut, nothing at all hinting that he was detrimental in the locker room.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-12-2013 at 04:27 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    People wanting a Cruz deal are nuts. We can have Jennings and a 1st round WR. Jennings is a perfect fit. He runs great routes, is not afraid to go inside, amazing hands, and has great character.

and he'd be an ex-puker which fits in well with your teambuilding profile... rofl

Just kidding as you know it will be said, seriously though he would be a good pickand would bring some much needed experience to our WR corps
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's funny cuz it's true...

Although a WR who could go up and get the ball in traffic would help Ponder a LOT. Right now we can't throw deep over the middle because by the time the ball gets down there a safety, cornerback, two linebackers, and a defensive tackle have all had the time to get in the area. We need someone who can catch the ball despite traffic, and suddenly we will have a pretty damn good offense. Ponder, for all of his short comings, is still rather accurate.
    We needed a receiver that could do that even with Harvin. That hasn't changed in the last two years. Now we need that plus a WR that can replace Harvin. I hope like hell Wright is the later. Today & tomorrow should show us how Spielman plans to address those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    and he'd be an ex-puker which fits in well with your teambuilding profile... rofl

Just kidding as you know it will be said, seriously though he would be a good pickand would bring some much needed experience to our WR corps
    We don't need experience. Our 4 top WR's right now are Wright, Burton, Summers & Childs. The 4 of them combined have 2 starts, 23 games played in & 31 receptions of experience!

Oh wait!

Only 2 of our entire WR corp has ever played in a NFL game.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Pretty simple after all the speculation. Harvin didn't want to play for the Vikings. He didn't think the Vikings were heading in the right direction and didn't think Ponder was a good enough Quarterback.
    I recall Harvin favoring, his friend, Joe Webb over Ponder.
    It's ironic that Harvin was having his best season ever, a potential MVP season, with Ponder as his QB, despite having played two seasons with Favre.

Percy didn't want to play for the Vikings so Spielman made the best of a bad situation and did better than many expected.

No one player can replace what Percy brought on game day, but ultimately the team may end up more balanced with a couple new wide receivers. If Ponder continues to improve the team may be better in the long run.

However, if Harvin is right about Ponder and the Vikings in general, Vikings fans are in for more enduring frustration.
    Not to mention, we went from the cellar to the playoffs, and basicaly did that WITHOUT PERCY the TODDLER

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Again, he had 1 incident in the locker room with Frazier. Does that automatically make him a cancer in the locker room? AD didn't have to say anything, no one asked his 2 cents worth. He volunteered his feelings and there was nothing but praise for him. As to all these other players you claim that think he's a cancer do you so much as have a tweet from any of them saying so? I didn't think so. AD said he felt like he was repeatedly kicked in the gut, nothing at all hinting that he was detrimental in the locker room.
    Do you even read peoples posts before you go on the defensive? I said " Just because AD and Harvin are boys, doesn't mean others don't think he is a cancer to the team" How does that apply that I am stating that others think he is a cancer?

Obviously the Vikings front office thought he was a cancer to the team huh? Last time I checked, that's all that matters. But wait, I will make sure I find a tweet on that first to please you

I can't prove that other players believe he is a cancer anymore then you can prove that they don't he is a cancer. However, I won't get to 50,666 posts by disputing every notion that someone writes because I think I know everything.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Interesting

Peterson says he likes running out of a single back formation and he's slapping Felton in the face but Harvin walks out on the team in training camp, has a raucous with the coach on the sidelines, later has a locker room blow out (that got him removed from the team for the remainder of the season), later demands outlandish money to stay with the team or a trade, also has other issues coming to light regarding Ponder.....and he's only had one incident from your perspective and has done nothing to affect the locker room, I guess many of us just don't get Percy's sense of humor or something then.
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 03-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Cris Carter: Vikings are better off without Percy Harvin

Carter noted that getting a first-round draft pick and two additional picks for Harvin will help the franchise build depth, and that all three of those picks combined will cost the Vikings less than what the Seahawks are going to pay Harvin on his new contract. Carter also noted that the Vikings only had Harvin for nine games last season, and that they went 5-2 without him over the final seven games of the regular season.
    “Chicago got an elite receiver in Brandon Marshall and it only cost them two third-round picks,” Carter said. “So I think the Vikings did well. And they’re able to keep their salary cap intact rather than paying $11 million to $13 million a year to a guy that you don’t know how much he’s going to play. With Percy’s style, he’s going to get hurt. And don’t forget, the Vikings also had a lot of success without Percy at the end of last season.”
    According to Carter, the Vikings can get better at receiver in the draft and should only go shopping for a receiver in free agency if they can do it at an affordable price. So while Vikings fans may be concerned about the loss of Harvin, Carter says they should just relax.
    I still think they need a good veteran FA to help mentor a young corp but when you look at what they got compare to the Marshall trade it does look like the Vikings got some decent value. And I would have been behind the team if they tried to keep Harvin under his current contract (as I couldn't see them meeting the CJ money demands) and used the franchise tag a couple of times to him here for a total of 2 or 3 seasons it would have been more than just a bit of a distraction and trubulent to say the least.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast