Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No f-ing way.

No team is THAT stupid.
    Remember the contract they gave to Burleson?

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hope you realize that the reason AD can say that is because all he has to rely on is the QB handing him the ball. Harvin & our other receivers have to rely on the QB throwing them the ball. They can't succeeds unless the QB succeeds.

And AD did have something to say about this cancer in the locker room as fans call him.

Cris Carter would beg to differ.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

I don't recall him getting into altercations with Childress, let alone two, but how is that any different than Favre getting into it with Childress? Pretty sure Favre was getting pats on the back for it by fans.
    Really

Four days after Moss' release, Childress threw Harvin out of practice, the two had to be separated before things turned physical and the argument carried over to the weight room, where a witness said Harvin hurled a weight at Childress but didn't hit him.
    Don't recall Favre throwing weights at any coach ever

LINK

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Man that young Seattle team will be tough........ they should hopefully have a good team for years.

I am less happy than I thought I would be. Not that I thought I would be happy at all. I was trying to be indifferent about this but.......... I am upset about it. I will get over it soon.

LOL, we lost out on Boldin because we only offered a 7th round pick. Meanwhile, the NFC West is getting stronger. Who knows what we will look like next year?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Fuck Percy and the 3 legged horse he rode in on! Oh wait, I can't tell him to Fuck Off, he has a headache..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he's been nothing but a crying little bitch since he's been here. Throws more tantrums than my 3 week old ( Charles Edward), now there's a strong name for ya, Percy, hu, I'll say this for him, athletic, talented as all hell football player, but that means nothing at all when you have to deal with his crying, pouting, and avg 7 games a year schedual, give or take a game. Sure AD praised his play as a player, hell, the two where friends and probably still are, not to mention they spent a hell of alot of time training and rehabing together. that was nice to read and hear about. But I didn't hear AD mention his team/player leadership and locker room presence will be missed, or his on the field or sideline leadership.
    If you ask me he was a cancer, and only one thing to do with cancer, GET RID OF IT OR DIE! I wish I did have it shirt, I'de make " Flaming Jersey's Part 2"....lol

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Pretty simple after all the speculation. Harvin didn't want to play for the Vikings. He didn't think the Vikings were heading in the right direction and didn't think Ponder was a good enough Quarterback.
    I recall Harvin favoring, his friend, Joe Webb over Ponder.
    It's ironic that Harvin was having his best season ever, a potential MVP season, with Ponder as his QB, despite having played two seasons with Favre.

Percy didn't want to play for the Vikings so Spielman made the best of a bad situation and did better than many expected.

No one player can replace what Percy brought on game day, but ultimately the team may end up more balanced with a couple new wide receivers. If Ponder continues to improve the team may be better in the long run.

However, if Harvin is right about Ponder and the Vikings in general, Vikings fans are in for more enduring frustration.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by clark_griswold View Post
    Anybody else open to the idea of signing Victor Cruz to a long term deal and giving up the extra 1st to the Giants? Just wondering what you guys think, it seems like the Vikes and Rams are the 2 most likely suitors at this point.
    I am absolutely, 100% against this idea.

Don't let Cruz's stats fool you. He's not that great. Certainly not worth a first rounder and the contract someone is going to give him.

He excels against blown coverage and dreadful tackling. Seriously, pull up a Cruz highlight reel and see for yourself. He drops a ton of balls, can't beat the press, compete in a double team. If it wasn't for Eli, he'd be average.

I watch almost every Giants game, and I can say with near certainty, that if he goes to a team without an elite QB and other pass catching threats down field(which obviously includes the Vikings) he will struggle.

If we get Cruz, we will have effectively traded Harvin, a more productive player on a per-play basis, for the the right to pay Victor Cruz.

The front office really fucked up not getting Boldin today.

I want us to go for Danario Alexander. A big vertical and red zone threat who adjusts extremely well to the ball and catches it at a high point. And he won't command a huge contract. Had a serious knee problem after ACL surgery, which required more surgeries to repair. He seems to have overcome this injury and resultant surgeries. Low risk, high reward.

In addition to Alexander in Free Agency I'd give Donald Jones a shot, maybe go after Emmanuel Sanders, but that would cost us a 3rd round pick, I think.

Use our #22 pick on either Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen. I like Austin because of his Harvin replacement ability. He's electric, seriously fun to watch. Then use a mid rounder on another receiver. Robert Woods' stock has dropped like a rock, so hopefully we could pick him up.

I want to see 4 or 5 new faces at WR going into camp. 2 through free agency and another 2 or 3 in the draft.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 03-12-2013 at 12:09 AM.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Maybe we could trade up for Cordarrelle Patterson now if he slips a little bit?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I hear ya man. I am the last one to support Ponder, I still think he is the biggest pussy of a pro sports player to not play in that playoff game. Several QB's have played with worse injuries, and he bowed out. I just hope that AD doesn't ask for a trade now, could anyone really blame him if he does? The guy is great, and wants to win a SB. Sadly, I don't believe that will be here.
    Um, not a Ponder fan here either... but he physically couldn't move his right arm above his shoulder. Name one QB who has played without his throwing arm. It wasn't a pain things. I am pretty sure this was covered ad nauseum after the playoff game.

ANYWAY, you are going off the deep end here with AD asking for a trade. LMAO. Step off the ledge brother. AD was just voicing his support for Percy. He, and everyone else, knew that this trade was coming. And in the end it is the best thing for both Percy and the Vikings.
    Brett Favre had a broken thumb on his throwing hand. That is basically his throwing arm.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Brett Favre had a broken thumb on his throwing hand. That is basically his throwing arm.
    Was I the only one that wondered what a healthy Favre would have looked like with our team last season?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.