Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Tomorrow this is going to sting a bit worse than it does today.

Was the Harvin trade reported before the Boldin trade?

I wonder if the thought of getting Boldin for a 7th helped influence Rick to make the deal with Harvin?

Anybody else open to the idea of signing Victor Cruz to a long term deal and giving up the extra 1st to the Giants? Just wondering what you guys think, it seems like the Vikes and Rams are the 2 most likely suitors at this point.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Actually the 49ers were the #2 team in the mix, according to multiple sources. Since they lost our to their rival, they immediately went for Boldin. Vikings heard about it and tried to make a push as well. But we lowballed them. All it would have taken was a 5th round pick. On a day where we just acquired an EXTRA first and third. Looking back.... give up a 5th and then use both 1sts on BPA. Then the fans are happy and Spielman is happy.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clark_griswold View Post
    Anybody else open to the idea of signing Victor Cruz to a long term deal and giving up the extra 1st to the Giants? Just wondering what you guys think, it seems like the Vikes and Rams are the 2 most likely suitors at this point.
    Best case scenario! But I don't think that Condon will break up his two star clients.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Sorry you have to deal with this, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. As far as Harvin goes, I really don't care if he has them or not. I am a fan, short for fanatic. He gets paid to PLAY, not sit out. He's not a wimp, but he's not reliable. In order to be elite, you need to be on the field and in short, Harvin wanted elite money for his efforts, which in my estimation was less than elite. Yes, he is talented, but he is an cancer in the locker room, combined with ALL of is health issues makes him expendable.
    I hear you.

Now that Harvin is gone, I do not wish him well on the field. I hope he chokes out. I never wish ex-Vikings well with other teams. I do not want any other team to get any edge.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I am very bummed that Percy is gone, but with that being said, great trade. Great job getting a FIRST ROUNDER! and a 7th on top of that, and a mid-rounder next year! Wow, never thought we would get anywhere near that for Percy. It sucks he's gone, but I think the compensation is really good. Now we just need to draft right!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hope you realize that the reason AD can say that is because all he has to rely on is the QB handing him the ball. Harvin & our other receivers have to rely on the QB throwing them the ball.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's funny cuz it's true...

Although a WR who could go up and get the ball in traffic would help Ponder a LOT. Right now we can't throw deep over the middle because by the time the ball gets down there a safety, cornerback, two linebackers, and a defensive tackle have all had the time to get in the area. We need someone who can catch the ball despite traffic, and suddenly we will have a pretty damn good offense. Ponder, for all of his short comings, is still rather accurate.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clark_griswold View Post
    I would absolutely be open to that, but I don't see it happening. I think the powers that be would rather get Wallace or Jennings. They would have to pay the same amount and get to keep the 1st rounder.

So when FA starts in just under 2 hours, I would expect to see us making a big push, and if we can't get either of our targets maybe, just maybe, we look in Cruz's direction.

The best thing that can happen IMHO is to see Amendola get signed to a team quickly. Otherwise I could see us going after him once we are out of the running for Jennings and Wallace. not that I don't like Amendola (I actually think he could be a decent pick up), but I would rather have Cruz.

So if I was the GM I would go for 1) Wallace 2) Jennings 3) Cruz and 4) Amendola. In that order.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Despite a report that Harvin wants to be paid in the range of Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, both of those players are in the range of $16 million. Per the source, Harvinís deal wonít be close.

In reality, Harvinís deal will be more in line with the current one-up high-jump that began last year with Bucs receiver Vincent Jackson with five years, $55.5 million, and which was extended by Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe and his five-year, $56 million deal.
    Harvin contract in place, trade hinges on physical | ProFootballTalk
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Trading Harvin shows that the Vikings are not a team with the goods. Harvin wanted to be paid for his production, and he wanted a quarterback who could throw the ball more than five yards downfield to moving receivers; was that too much to ask for?

Harvin had physical injuries in his career that cost him games; players have them. As far as his headaches go, I don't think many of you have a clue how bad cluster migraines are. Imagine the worst headache you have ever had (if you did not vomit or cry, it is not near bad enough), and imagine that headache for days or weeks at a time. Add that to the inability to focus one's eyes and a nauseated feeling when moving. They are called suicide headaches because many people cannot take them year after year. I am have them; I know what they can do, and Harvin is no wimp for not practicing with them full blown. The Vikings obviously did not understand the migraines, as they tried to cure Harvin of them. There is no cure that won't kill you in another way down the line.

This was not a better deal than the Vikings received for Randy Moss. The Vikings received the 7th overall pick for Moss; this pick is not even close to the same value. Considering a healthy Moss and a healthy Harvin are both game breakers, this may end up in a similar way to the Moss debacle years ago.

The Vikings cannot pigeonhole a first round pick for a WR. They have to go best player available and fill needs via free agency. Not to do so has the potential for long term failure for wasting value in the draft.

Two of the best teams in the NFC, with better young QB's than the Vikings drafted, just got better. The Vikings just got worse. The pick may end up great or may bust. The Vikings may use the Harvin money for a good receiver, but how good? So far, the Vikings have a bird in the bush and nothing more.
    I disagree with comparing Moss and Harvin. Moss could break games open seemingly at will - Harvin can't.

Harvin as a talented and special player - primarily due to his versatility - but he's not a force of nature like Randy was, like Adrian is, or like Megatron is.

Harvin is a guy who can beat you up if you disregard him. Moss was a guy who beat you up even when you tripled him. Like Peterson.

Harvin, like Rice, will do some nice things in Seattle. What Harvin WON'T do is carry that team. Like Moss carried us, and like Peterson carries us now. Harvin will benefit from a talented young QB, and moderately talented WR corps, and a fantastic RB....coupled with a dynamic Defense.

As for the Vikings getting worse....did we really? We weren't getting any value from Harvin on IR...yet made the play-offs despite him. He was a HUGE distraction in the media (at the very least). Despite the fact that he was RIGHT about our crappy WR corps and our below average QB, he made himself such a pain in the ass that no one will REALLY miss him....not after a short while.

Fact is, Harvin will make a good team better, but he's looking more and more like T.O. Watch and see what happens if Seattle starts struggling. How long until Percy starts throwing fits again?

Keep in mind, you're not going to hear guys bash Percy just like they didn't bash Chiller when he got cut...it's not how the NFL operates. Hell, the majority of Albert Hayensworth's teammates in Washington didn't bash him either. The silence proves nothing. The fact that they shopped him so quickly - after saying they weren't - SCREAMS everything you really need to know.

Caine
    Last edited by Caine; 03-11-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast