Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Singers,

Everyone has their own opinion on this trade, and Harvin. Nobody has called you out for anything, so let others voice their opinions as well. Like someone else said, it has been well documented that Harvin is not a team player. He choked one of his college coaches, he got into verbal confrontations with Childress and threw a weight. He has had a couple of heated exchanges with Frazier who is probably the most mild mannered coach in the NFL, and perhaps the history of the NFL if not for Dungy.

Harvin is a diva in every sense of the word. Yes he is one hell of a talent, but when he got a hair across his ass, he stopped being a team player. Yes, I would be pissed off to if I had to waste my talents with a mediocre at best QB. Think maybe AD is feeling the same way? Except AD can honestly say that when its all said and done for him, he could very well be the best ever to play his position, Harvin will never be able to say that. Yet, we never hear a peep out of AD despite him being a superstar and wanting to win the SB. He could have easily of requested to be traded, instead he signed a long term deal to stay a Viking. That is the true definition of a team player, the exact opposite of Percy Harvin. Remember, it has been said several times that Harvin requested to be traded, I am sure if he just voiced his displeasure about his contract, the Vikings would have tried to keep him happy here in Minnesota. He forced hos way out, and for that, I could care less about the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Agreed. The Vikings absolutely need to bring in a high profile WR to offset the loss of Harvin and not have the team and the fans scratching their heads saying what the f@ck.

If Spielman thinks he can match the wins from a year ago by refurbishing the passing game through the draft alone, he is in for a rude awakening. The Vikings were extremely lucky to get 10 wins last season, they will not do it by ignoring the WR group with a average/below average QB.
    My feeling is that some folks think Wallace or Jennigs will make this a Super-bowl caliber team. They wont. I don't believe that. I'd like to see solid, dependable vets. Guys that will help out Ponder. I know I keep sayin it, but i think Amendola would be a wonderful pick up. I do. Welker? he would change that offense and Ponders confidence more then Wallace. I truly believe that. Tell me why I may be wrong.
    Tuco the world.....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I don't disagree with much if anything here. But I will clarify a couple of things.

Harvin's antics HAVE been fairly well documented. He grabbed a coach by the throat and had to be pulled off from him in college. He refused to do conditioning drills in college, preferring to play pickup basket ball instead (BTW, the school changed their policy to placate him). He got into two different altercations with Childress that were witnessed and reported on. He got into two different verbal altercations with Frazier that were witnessed and reported on. And these are just the ones we know about. How many more were there? SOMETHING prompted the early dismissal to IR...

You are right, some of the reaction and Percy hate is a bit overstated, and from all accounts his teammates liked him. But he was not a positive influence in the locker room, if for nothing else, than for his attitude toward coaches.

Either way, you were dead on with this statement:

I am very happy getting a 1st, 7th and next years 4th for a player who didn't want to be here in the first place.
    I'm not to worried about what a kid did in college. If people are going to use that as justification to get rid of him then we should get rid of JA, never have drafted Moss, never have given Carter a chance, etc.

I don't recall him getting into altercations with Childress, let alone two, but how is that any different than Favre getting into it with Childress? Pretty sure Favre was getting pats on the back for it by fans.

Yep, the two beefs with Frazier were well documented. It was also documented that the first sideline beef was out of frustration that our QB was not looking at or throwing the ball to open receivers.

The second one was indeed documented as well but as to exactly what went on or how heated it got isn't. A lot of speculation by media & fans.

It's also well documented that Frazier wanted Harvin back, so it must not have been as bad as people are making it.

Notebook: Leslie Frazier 'made it clear' he wants Percy Harvin back - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    My feeling is that some folks think Wallace or Jennigs will make this a Super-bowl caliber team. They wont. I don't believe that. I'd like to see solid, dependable vets. Guys that will help out Ponder. I know I keep sayin it, but i think Amendola would be a wonderful pick up. I do. Welker? he would change that offense and Ponders confidence more then Wallace. I truly believe that. Tell me why I may be wrong.
    For me, I like the quickness and the ability to separate from defenders that Wallace brings, and with Jennings I like his hands, his ability to run his routes, and his good character.

I would be very happy if the Vikings landed Welker, but they need more then just him. Amendola intrigues me as well, but he has a history of getting beat up and missing games. If the Vikings go the Welker or Amendola route, then they need to get at least 2 WR's. If they go the route of Jennings or Wallace, they will still need to get more help, but it will be a great start. If it weren't for Welker's injury history and age, and Amendola's injury history, I would be all for getting them both.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I think Greg Jennings could come in and play a Reggie Wayne role for us. Professional. Good hands. Leadership and experience in the NFC north. He's not a world beater, but he will run perfect routes and provide a security blanket for Ponder. Plug him in at the #1 while we develop some projects like Wright and hopefully a great 1st rounder. Yeah we will have to pay him 10 million a year. While the Dolphins and Seahawks pay Mike Wallace 12-13 million year / each.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

What is Frazier supposed to say, "I hate Percy Harvin and I hope he gets traded"? Just like Spielman said that he had no intent on trading Harvin, and that he wouldn't even answer a call about a trade for Harvin. Was he also going to say, " I can't wait to get rid of the diva"?

Truth is, it could have been very bad between the Vikings and Harvin, but they all have to say the right things to build value in any deal they are going to make. From everything that went down since Harvin got injured, everyone knew it was a matter of time before he was sent packing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    AD can honestly say that when its all said and done for him, he could very well be the best ever to play his position, Harvin will never be able to say that. Yet, we never hear a peep out of AD despite him being a superstar and wanting to win the SB.
    I hope you realize that the reason AD can say that is because all he has to rely on is the QB handing him the ball. Harvin & our other receivers have to rely on the QB throwing them the ball. They can't succeeds unless the QB succeeds.

And AD did have something to say about this cancer in the locker room as fans call him.

The star running back and reigning NFL MVP had this to tweet about on Monday after the trade.

"Wow, the best all around player that I have ever seen, or that you will ever see is heading to Seattle. I feel like I have just been kicked in the gut, many time over."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I think Greg Jennings could come in and play a Reggie Wayne role for us. Professional. Good hands. Leadership and experience in the NFC north. He's not a world beater, but he will run perfect routes and provide a security blanket for Ponder. Plug him in at the #1 while we develop some projects like Wright and hopefully a great 1st rounder. Yeah we will have to pay him 10 million a year. While the Dolphins and Seahawks pay Mike Wallace 12-13 million year / each.
    I could see that happening. Jennings is not as flashy as Harvin, but he would definitely be the #1 WR on this team if he is signed. Then they need to continue to bring Wright along, then hopefully they still land a top tier WR in the draft. Many things can happen I guess, they just better do something.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Agreed. He'd be the best fit now that Percy is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hope you realize that the reason AD can say that is because all he has to rely on is the QB handing him the ball. Harvin & our other receivers have to rely on the QB throwing them the ball. They can't succeeds unless the QB succeeds.

And AD did have something to say about this cancer in the locker room as fans call him.
    Yeah, I get that, does that mean Harvin has to stir shit up? So when AD has a bad game because he is looking at 9 man fronts all the time because Ponder can't play for shit, that doesn't put him in the same category as the WR's?

Again, they were boys in the locker room and in real life, what is he supposed to say? Just because Harvin and AD were tight doesn't mean that others didn't consider him a cancer to the team. Maybe if Harvin would have learned from AD how to keep his mouth shut and be a team player, all of this wouldn't have happened.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast