Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Jason La Canfora said that Harvin deal is gonna be more than Calvin Johnson's 8 years 120m for Percy Harvin that's ridiculous lmao

Flair Hay is offline Rookie

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hate to see him go. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it or be like others and start to dissing him, bash him or call him names.

The guy brought his game to the field and gave 100% every week. Fans are going to find out just how valuable he was next season. I find myself more in the AD camp.

That certainly doesn't sound like he's happy he's gone or mention anything about him being a cancer in the locker room. In fact no one from the Vikings staff or players have said so. That was all media & fan driven. Probably blown way out of proportion.

Yup he had issues with Ponder's abilities, but I think he's spot on & Ponder will prove him even more right next year. Just watching the way Rudolph was used in the Pro Bowl showed me just how much we were wasting his & Harvin's talent.

I'm glad we did get a 1st, 7th & 2014 3rd rounder out of the deal. He was as good as gone anyway & I thought we might get a few picks for him, but nothing higher than a 2nd.

The proof will be in the pudding though & unless we can replace Harvin via FA or the draft, the picks aren't that meaningful.

Keep in mind we traded a WR away once before and had the 7th overall pick of the draft, not the 23rd or 27th, but the 7th. We ended up getting Troy Williamson in return.

Even if we get a good one, he'll probably go to waste as we find out even more just how right Harvin was about Ponder.
    Still clinging to that huh singer? Frazier essentially kicked him off the team last year. One of his most talented players. Must have been because Percy was too nice. Spin it however you want, he is trouble, plain and simple. He was trouble in college,( there was talk of him choking a coach, besides other incidences). He was fine here for awhile, then his true character came out. Percy is about Percy. I give you he is a tremendous talent, but so was TO and he sure knew how to blow up a team. That seems to be where Percy was headed.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Loved the idea of Cruz! BUT...he signed with a new agent today. That agent is Tom Condon. AKA: Eli Manning's agent. I just really don't see him splitting them up. Especially after he's had successful negotiations with the Giants in the past.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No problem, just copy the url into the body. The system will turn it into a link with title and author automatically.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    As for the trade, I guess we made the best of a bad situation. All of us wanted a happy, healthy, reasonably paid Harvin on the team going forward but it didn't work out that way.

The good news is we can use a first rounder alone to replace 75% of Harvin's WR production. KR is another story, we no longer have the most dangerous special teams in the NFL. We didn't gain much cap room for this year, but we can certainly justify paying one reciever a hefty sum now when we couldn't have before if we were to extend Harvin.

It's not ideal because we'll be worse for it this year, but over the next 2-3 years we may even come out ahead if Millitia's buddy Rick has another good draft haha
    well said flair
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I hate to see him go. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it or be like others and start to dissing him, bash him or call him names.

The guy brought his game to the field and gave 100% every week. Fans are going to find out just how valuable he was next season. I find myself more in the AD camp.

That certainly doesn't sound like he's happy he's gone or mention anything about him being a cancer in the locker room. In fact no one from the Vikings staff or players have said so. That was all media & fan driven. Probably blown way out of proportion.

Yup he had issues with Ponder's abilities, but I think he's spot on & Ponder will prove him even more right next year. Just watching the way Rudolph was used in the Pro Bowl showed me just how much we were wasting his & Harvin's talent.

I'm glad we did get a 1st, 7th & 2014 3rd rounder out of the deal. He was as good as gone anyway & I thought we might get a few picks for him, but nothing higher than a 2nd.

The proof will be in the pudding though & unless we can replace Harvin via FA or the draft, the picks aren't that meaningful.

Keep in mind we traded a WR away once before and had the 7th overall pick of the draft, not the 23rd or 27th, but the 7th. We ended up getting Troy Williamson in return.

Even if we get a good one, he'll probably go to waste as we find out even more just how right Harvin was about Ponder.
    I don't disagree with much if anything here. But I will clarify a couple of things.

Harvin's antics HAVE been fairly well documented. He grabbed a coach by the throat and had to be pulled off from him in college. He refused to do conditioning drills in college, preferring to play pickup basket ball instead (BTW, the school changed their policy to placate him). He got into two different altercations with Childress that were witnessed and reported on. He got into two different verbal altercations with Frazier that were witnessed and reported on. And these are just the ones we know about. How many more were there? SOMETHING prompted the early dismissal to IR...

You are right, some of the reaction and Percy hate is a bit overstated, and from all accounts his teammates liked him. But he was not a positive influence in the locker room, if for nothing else, than for his attitude toward coaches.

Either way, you were dead on with this statement:
    I am very happy getting a 1st, 7th and next years 4th for a player who didn't want to be here in the first place.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Still clinging to that huh singer? Frazier essentially kicked him off the team last year. One of his most talented players. Must have been because Percy was too nice. Spin it however you want, he is trouble, plain and simple. He was trouble in college,( there was talk of him choking a coach, besides other incidences). He was fine here for awhile, then his true character came out. Percy is about Percy. I give you he is a tremendous talent, but so was TO and he sure knew how to blow up a team. That seems to be where Percy was headed.
    Dumb and Dumber - i like it a lot [HD] - YouTube Spot on. Percy was all about himself
    Tuco the world.....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Jason La Canfora said that Harvin deal is gonna be more than Calvin Johnson's 8 years 120m for Percy Harvin that's ridiculous lmao
    No f-ing way.

No team is THAT stupid.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    We'll know by tomorrow night! Cruz/Jennings/Wallace/Welker or a BIG FAT FAILURE for the Vikings front office. You don't make steps forward by making steps back. Make a move, Rick!
    Agreed. The Vikings absolutely need to bring in a high profile WR to offset the loss of Harvin and not have the team and the fans scratching their heads saying what the f@ck.

If Spielman thinks he can match the wins from a year ago by refurbishing the passing game through the draft alone, he is in for a rude awakening. The Vikings were extremely lucky to get 10 wins last season, they will not do it by ignoring the WR group with a average/below average QB.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast