Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Dibbzz is offline Starter

Breaking News: Vikings Agree to Trade Percy Harvin to Seattle

Vikings agree to trade Harvin to Seahawks

The star wideout will be dealt to Seattle for draft picks pending Harvin passing a physical, NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports.

from NFL.com homepage right now.

But what did we get for him??

Edit: 12:17 P.M. this is from: Minnesota Vikings trying to trade Percy Harvin -- sources - ESPN

The Minnesota Vikings are trying to trade wide receiver Percy Harvin and are in discussions with the Seattle Seahawks, among other teams, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Seattle has a connection to Harvin. The team's offensive coordinator, Darrell Bevell, held the same job with Minnesota when the Vikings drafted Harvin in 2009.

Last month at the scouting combine, Vikings general manager Rick Spielman insisted he had no intent to deal the receiver, who he called a "dynamic playmaker," and said he wouldn't even take phone calls about a trade.

Harvin, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, badly sprained his left ankle on Nov. 4 at Seattle last season and didn't play again. The Vikings placed him on season-ending injured reserve a month later.

Harvin made waves last summer when he expressed unhappiness with the organization and requested a trade. By the time training camp arrived, he had simmered down. He went home to Florida for his rehabilitation after he was placed on injured reserve, but coach Leslie Frazier downplayed his absence, noting that others have chosen to do the same.

He started last season playing like a Most Valuable Player award candidate, leading the league in total yards (receiving, rushing and returning) through nine games in 2012 until he was hurt.

Harvin still led the team in receptions (62) and yards receiving (677) despite playing barely half of a season, and he had a kickoff return for a touchdown as well as 96 yards rushing and one score on the ground.

The 24-year-old Harvin has 7,168 all-purpose yards in his four-season career with 29 touchdowns (20 receiving, five return, four rushing). He also has 280 receptions in 54 career games.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN.com NFC West blogger Mike Sando and The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Last edited by Dibbzz; 03-11-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    From The Washington Post: Percy Harvin traded to Seahawks, report says

"Wide receiver Percy Harvin reportedly wants to play no longer for the Minnesota Vikings and the team apparently has decided to accommodate him."

From NFL.com: Vikings agree to trade Percy Harvin to Seahawks - NFL.com

After insisting that Percy Harvin is not for sale, the Minnesota Vikings are shifting course.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the Vikings have spoken with multiple teams about trading the versatile but disgruntled wide receiver, according to a source with knowledge of the process. Minnesota is, indeed, trying to trade him, the source said, confirming that the Seattle Seahawks are among the interested teams. ESPN first reported the news and noted Seattle is currently favored to land Harvin.
    Last edited by Dibbzz; 03-11-2013 at 12:22 PM.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I know its still not confirmed but if we got multiple picks including their first then that's amazing. I was expecting no more than a second. Having the 23 and 25 picks will be great
    None

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    looks like we get the 25th pick along with a seventh rounder and a mid round pick next year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Way more than I was expecting.

Very happy Vikings fan here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I know its still not confirmed but if we got multiple picks including their first then that's amazing. I was expecting no more than a second. Having the 23 and 25 picks will be great
    Especially in this draft, where the talent level in the top 15 just isn't there, but it is pretty good in the 15-30 range.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

LIVike is offline Starter
    Well I was thinking all of the mocks have us taking either a DT (forgot which one) or a WR. Now we could very well get both and now there is no more harvin drama.
    None

Great news! Now we can use that extra cap space to extend John Carlson by a couple years!!

Just think......13 games, 8 receptions for 43 total yards! I am betting that in 2013, JC could end up with 12-15 receptions!! I can hardly wait!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    Well I was thinking all of the mocks have us taking either a DT (forgot which one) or a WR. Now we could very well get both and now there is no more harvin drama.
    We have a helluva lot of flexibility now. We will get a WR for sure, but we could also address MLb, DT, CB, QB... It all depends on how players fall in the first. This is going to be another great draft.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Of course It would be Seattle to pick him up. Wonder how long it will take for his first headache...

I think it's a lock now that they pick up either Wallace or Jennings. Personally I'd like to see Welker in purple.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast