Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: BREAKING NEWS----REFEREES FOR VIKINGS GAMES.................

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Honestly the Smoot "interference" can be argued either way..Ya he put his hand on him but he didnt do anything that prevented him from catching the ball.
    Yeah, I don't remember him tugging the jersey, only his hand touching the back.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

K-rob got a TD taken away from him cuz someone pulled his hands down.. There was a no call there too.. That was frickin gay!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Smoots play was clearly passing interference. He pushed and tugged Holt's (or was it Curtis) jersey. As much as I hated the call it was correct. As far as the non-call on K-Rob, that was totally passing interference and should have been called as well. That was more passing interference than Smoots. They both were PI but the only thing I can say about Smoots is it was questionable whether or not the Ram could have caught the ball. It seemed to only be where Smoot can catch it. Smoot didn't have to grab the jersey and he did therefore he deserved the penalty.

V4L

Yah Smoot had no reason to grab it and it was a call that should have been made.. Don't tug.. As soon as you do you get flagged.. Even if it doesn't do anything.. So I wasn't too mad about that call.. Although I have seen worse not called.. Like the K-rob one!

smootloot is offline Starter

did anyone see what the refs did in the sunday night game? its was so funny they lost the quarter for the overtime flip of the coin. lol what a bunch of idiots
    "Ron Mexico is here."

V4L

Refs suck except for Berny Kukar!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"smootloot" wrote:
    did anyone see what the refs did in the sunday night game? its was so funny they lost the quarter for the overtime flip of the coin. lol what a bunch of idiots
    Actually, I think that one of the refs used the quarter to call someone who cared about the game! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: BREAKING NEWS----REFEREES FOR VIKINGS GAMES.............

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I didn't think the officiating was terrible. Except the bogus "pass interference" penalty against Smoot, and their O.L. jumped a few times that it wasn't called for (maybe the refs gave them a break because of the crowd noise ??).
    Smoot clearly pulled Holt by his jersey. If they replay that play 100 times, the refs will call pass interference 100 times. I think Fred S is just not that comfortable at his position right now. The pick is gonna help out his confidence a lot.
    Very true that was and should have been called a penalty. The thing I don't understand, though, is Smoot, even without doing that had much better position on the ball than Holt. Why make that play when you don't need to? The only reason one may call it bogus, is because Koren Robinson didn't get the call on a similar play, that his arm was clearly grabbed before the ball got there. It's sort of like the strike zone in baseball, it's not fair to give one team a call w/o giving it to the other team.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Honestly I watched the replay today of the call on smoot...He dosnt do anything put put his hand on his back...he dosnt shove or pull...It looked like he was bracing himself ....non the less we beat them...but I really think that that was questionable call.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Smoot pass interfered all the way. I was skeptical at first but when I saw the replay on ESPN I thought it was very clear. In that situation the Line Judge is looking for interefence and what he saw was Smoot reach up and grab the jersey of the WR. Smoot didn't tug it or pull him down flagrantly, but he did just enough to draw a flag.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast