Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

BREAKIN NEWS: Red picks up Tice's 2005 option

Some people are just better suited to being coordinators or specialty coaches than head coaches and I think Mike Tice is one of these people.

But we'll see what happens next season. Mike Tice is certainly not the first coach to underachieve with a great Vikings team, or the first to let the team slip in the final games of the season or postseason. But he does have issues and I'm not sure what to expect next season, even if we do add more to the team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Red is the biggest asshole (sorry for the language, theres no other word) I have ever seen. He needs to sell the team before Randy Moss goes down as the best receiver never to make it to the superbowl. This is bad news to my ears...i guess i can only hope for Linehan to be canned now, but i doubt that will happen because Tice is too soft.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

Re: BREAKIN NEWS: Red picks up Tice's 2005 option

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    [quote]"PurpleReign" wrote:
    [color=indigo]Just heard

Looks like we are stuck with one more year of underacheiving and being average. I have absolutely no high expectations of this team for next season now either. I don't care if we draft antrell rolle and sign julian peterson and a great DT in FA. As long as tice is our coach, we will underacheive and be an average team at best, PERIOD. Next year will be the 3rd year you are gonna have to hear me beeyatch and moan about how horrible of a coach he is and how he is ruining the prime years of daunte and moss.
    This feels weird...This has gotta be the strangest move of year- for any team. Where did we show signs of improvement? Daunte for sure-that's it... and Burleson was a surprise. With the team psyche the way it is, I say these guys are "damaged goods". They've collapsed in a most embarrassing way two years in a row. That's hard to recover from as a team without a completely new focus and scenario... I reeeeeeaaaallly hope I'm wrong but, next year's gonna be wierd... For the first time in several years, I don't have very high hopes at all. Who's gonna be there to coach these guys in come- from- behind situations??? No one knows how to! Who's gonna bring a new attitude to these guys???... "cause anybody can see it's obvious that they need one. weird...

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

I hope some of you aren't really as ignorant as you seem with your posts.

You think this problem is all on Mike Tice?

You think that a FIFTH defensive cordinator in FIVE YEARS is gonna make things better?

Seriously guys/gals.....

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "PurpleReign" wrote:
    Just heard on the 'FAN, via Tice's Monday press conference.....said Red called him around 11am CST this morning and said he was picking up his option for next year.

I don't have a problem with it, even though I know some of you are gonna run out onto 35W into oncoming traffic after reading this.

Lose Randy Moss for 5 games...Matt Birk for half a season.....Kleinsasser for the year....10 guys on defense who can't hold Kevin Williams's jock.

Looks like we are stuck with one more year of underacheiving and being average. I have absolutely no high expectations of this team for next season now either. I don't care if we draft antrell rolle and sign julian peterson and a great DT in FA. As long as tice is our coach, we will underacheive and be an average team at best, PERIOD. Next year will be the 3rd year you are gonna have to hear me beeyatch and moan about how horrible of a coach he is and how he is ruining the prime years of daunte and moss.

Oh yeah, and when tice is finally let go after next season, I will be very quick to say I told you guys so. I garauntee when that happens, all the current tice supporters will then be saying, "oh well he wasn't that good of a coach anyways". No one will actually be sad he is leaving.

God I am so sick of underacheiving! Thank god I like atlanta and phily! No need for people to start calling me a bandwagon fan because I like phily and atl either, because I can go back to the beginning of this year and show posts where I said that phily and atl were also teams I really liked. The difference in those 2 teams and us, is that they have good head coaches that won't allow their teams to underacheive and be average. Our coach is the exact opposite.
    whatever dude! I have only one team and one team only! I don't like underachieving or loosing but I will only like the Vikes....

I root for teams (always the underdog) when we aren't in the playoffs but I don't have another team ...only the Vikes...

Bandwagon fan maybe not...but that's just wack

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I don't think it's tice but our coordinators do suck...
    Cotrell is not aggressive enough..even though the scheme seems like it could be decent...but our O-coordinator has gotta go! Our red-zone offense is terrible and the last four weeks (since moss has been back) our offense hasn't showed up for the second half.

Tice is a players coach and is too easy on the guys..thats why they like him, kinda like the Dolphins players used to love Dave Wanstedt. He didnt get them anywhere though. Now they have Jim Bates in there getting on their asses and they have went 3-3 with him as their coach. Thats one. Two, Linehan sucks and if he is not fired something is SERIOUSLY wrong. Cotrell sucks...his defenses were horrible - until he left. Buffalo's D went from bad to awesome and the Jets went from pretty bad to 6th in the league in one year. From our owner down, our leadership sucks and its unfortunate we have to waste this talent another year. Im not goign to jump ship ever, but its just frustrating when people cant fix the obvious.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    Just heard on the 'FAN, via Tice's Monday press conference.....said Red called him around 11am CST this morning and said he was picking up his option for next year.

I don't have a problem with it, even though I know some of you are gonna run out onto 35W into oncoming traffic after reading this.

Lose Randy Moss for 5 games...Matt Birk for half a season.....Kleinsasser for the year....10 guys on defense who can't hold Kevin Williams's jock.
    What about Rosenthal?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Yep...there's another one.

Injuries are a poor excuse, but reality is we have been hit very hard this year.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I agree tice is soft at times, but if he continues to run drafts and bring in free agents the way he has at some point we are gonna win, he wont be enough to slow it down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast