Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Braylon Edwards quote...Daunte's the best.

"ADubya26" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    Please correct me if I am wrong because I am only going on clips I have seen, but Williamson and Edwards seem to be very similar. Williamson is faster, but Edwards more crafty.

When watching clips anyways, the one who stands out to me is Mike Williams. He looks like TO to me- with better hands, but a tad bit slower.

I have 3 players I would be EXTREMELY happy with:
    Mike Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson

Comparing williamson to edwards, edwards is a better route runner, Williamson didn't play in a pass heavy offense, thus he hasn't really done a lot of route running in college. Edwards is a better run blocker than williamson, although edwards is not a great run blocker. Williamson doesn't have the greatest hands. He likes to body catch a lot and not catch the ball with his hands. edwards is great at using his hands to catch the ball and not let the ball get to his body. That is something that the pro scouts look at. Edwards is also better at going and getting the ball. Not saying williamson can't jump, but he doesn't show the determination that edwards does, when the ball is in the air and he needs to make an adjustment.

Williamson is a very athletic receiver, but is extremely raw and will take a few years to develope into the receiver he is expected to become. Edwards and williams will both be big contributors to their teams this season, same with mark clayton.
    Muchluv, who is your personal favorite? Its Mike Williams, right?

By the way, thanks for the breakdown of Edwards and Williamson...all I have to go on are video clips pretty much.

From what I can tell, Mike Williams seem to be the one that sticks out as being a superstar. Do you agree?

Yeah, I like mike williams the best. The only thing keeping him from being the top receiver and top player in the draft, is his speed and the fact that he didn't play last year. Neither of these 2 things are that big of a deal to me. He is fresh and hungry to play ball and do whatever he can to help his new team win. I like his attitude and character, as well as his run blocking. He will improve our outside run game, with his blocking. He has the best hands I have seen, since CC. He runs really really good routes and has actually been working on route running the past year, with CC. Despite his slower speed, he is a bigtime downfield threat at WR. He is sneaky fast and great at getting the ball. Of the 3 WR's, he is the best at going and getting poorly thrown balls. He is impossible to stop in the redzone too and knows how to use his huge body to sheild off DB's and force them to lay back or go through him, forcing pass int. penalties.

I think he would be an awesome addition to our team and an absolute steal if we could somehow get him at 7.

"so-cal vike" wrote:

I remember that, and he did look awful. Probably a result of too much partying the night before. Thank goodness he doesn't look like that during the season.
    That reminds me of a line from 'Ball Four'--Jim Bouton's expose baseball diary--where he observed that Mai Tais were invented by the Hawaiian gods to destroy innocent all American guys like him--or Duante Culpepper it appears. :smile:
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:

I remember that, and he did look awful. Probably a result of too much partying the night before. Thank goodness he doesn't look like that during the season.
    That reminds me of a line from 'Ball Four'--Jim Bouton's expose baseball diary--where he observed that Mai Tais were invented by the Hawaiian gods to destroy innocent all American guys like him--or Duante Culpepper it appears. :smile:
    Maybe Mike Sherman should have given Daunte a couple of Mai Tais during the playoffs. :razz: :razz: :razz:

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Alright Muchluv I will give yo uthe argument excpet ofr 2 points.... One is still the Conf. they play in tn. I dont believe you can say Williams played against some of the toughest CB's in college, USC trojans in a powder puff conference, not saying they arent good they are/were amazing but Conf still sucks. SEC on the other hand turns out top Def. year in and year out and that is something to me that is a big deal.

Another is, does it not bother ou that Mike kinda pulled a more "polite" Maurice Clarett move. Dumpin outta college trying to fight the system to get into NFL. I dont know his reasons so Im not going to attck him personally but it does raise an eyebrow, atleast for me anyways on the kind of man he is or will be. T.O. for example, he could be more similar than we want.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"aceclown" wrote:
    You all are discrediting your analytical skills through this post. You think that because a good player kisses Culpepper's ace, that he is the man. What you fail to realize is that on the speed drills, Edwards only had the advantage in one category (40 dash). I have one name for all of you- Boldin.
    Mike Williams has better size, hands, and quickness. And (just one incident) last year when Michigan was driving down the field in a comeback attempt in their last game, Braylon Edwards dropped a 5 yard crossing pattern on 4th down that would have given them a first down. The ball hit im between the numbers, and the season was over when he dropped it.
    I know Edwards had a great year and made a lot of spectacular plays, but so did Williams in his first 2 years. It just annoys me that all you Edwards lovers jizz yourself when he kisses Culpepper's ace.
    I couldn't agree more!!

blvdnights05 is offline Training Camp

All i know is that i would rathar have Mike than Braylon
    If you feel a warmth describe it.....Team Sleep 5/10/05

blvdnights05 is offline Training Camp

Braylon is just kissing ass so he can try and be the next randy moss, Daunte is the best, good one rookie. Daunte is my favorite player but hes not the best, Peyton manning holds that title right now
    If you feel a warmth describe it.....Team Sleep 5/10/05

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"80_was_the_man" wrote:
    Alright Muchluv I will give yo uthe argument excpet ofr 2 points.... One is still the Conf. they play in tn. I dont believe you can say Williams played against some of the toughest CB's in college, USC trojans in a powder puff conference, not saying they arent good they are/were amazing but Conf still sucks. SEC on the other hand turns out top Def. year in and year out and that is something to me that is a big deal.

Another is, does it not bother ou that Mike kinda pulled a more "polite" Maurice Clarett move. Dumpin outta college trying to fight the system to get into NFL. I dont know his reasons so Im not going to attck him personally but it does raise an eyebrow, atleast for me anyways on the kind of man he is or will be. T.O. for example, he could be more similar than we want.
    First, I never said mike williams faced better CB's than williamson did, in college. But he did face some good ones and some that are in the NFL right now, and had big games against them. Just because the SEC has tougher D's, doesn't mean that williamson would have put up #'s like williams did, if he played at USC in the pac-10. Stats are overrated, and that is why I gave a big list of attributes of mike williams, that he is better at than williamson. Don't look at stats, look at how he catches the ball(body catch or hands) or blocks for the running backs or how he adjusts to poorly thrown balls, or how he uses his hands and strength to shed the DB and make the catch. Things like these, are what scouts look at, when evaluating WR's, not what they did in college and how tough the D's were that they played against.

Second, mike williams didn't try to fight the system and get into the NFL. Clarrett did and only when the courts ruled that clarett and any other players that hadn't been out of high school for 2 year, that wanted to enter the draft, could, that is when mike williams decided to enter the draft. He found out he could now, according to the courts and decided to go pro. I don't question that descision at all, since he absolutely dominated college ball for 2 years. He was clearly ready to go pro, which every scout admitted last year. He was then screwed, when the descision was overturned. He didn't make a big deal out of it, and also didn't make a big deal, when the NCAA wouldn't let him back into college ball. All he did was move on and work his butt off, improving areas that the scouts told him he was weaker at. Never and I mean never, will I question the character and attitude of mike williams, because he is a class act guy and a team first player.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456