Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards

pro1ml is offline Training Camp

Braylon Edwards

Why when are WR depth is non-existent wouldn't we take a flyer on a guy like Braylon Edwards? He has shown the ability to be fairly good. He can't be any worse than what we have. We need weapons for Ponder/Webb to utilize.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Heck, Why not. Every other cast off WR we have brought in has done well with the team. What reason do we have to think he wouldn't do just as well.

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler
    I wouldn't mind having him Jenkins and Harvin on 3 - wides.

Don't think he'll have that great of an impact but he's a more legit # 1 then Jenkins and Aromashdou doesn't do it for me.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1ml View Post
    Why when are WR depth is non-existent wouldn't we take a flyer on a guy like Braylon Edwards? He has shown the ability to be fairly good. He can't be any worse than what we have. We need weapons for Ponder/Webb to utilize.
    If only the Vikings hadn't given up on Todd Lowber so soon.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    No thanks.. theres a reason why he's been through 3 teams in as many years. There's gotta be a better FA out there.. Not to mention we can pick up some talent in the draft (as long as we get some guys that get a system in place).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    No thanks.. theres a reason why he's been through 3 teams in as many years. There's gotta be a better FA out there.. Not to mention we can pick up some talent in the draft (as long as we get some guys that get a system in place).
    Come to the game on Sunday, dude. I'm sure $10 tickets will be easy to find on Sunday morning.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    when he has a good qb. with a strong arm like cutler. he ain't bad..i would like to think he will wake up and understand this is it...if he falls to the vikes he is worth taking a chance "IF" he signs for next year an incentive clause contract .
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Edwards is certainly a better player than some of the Vikings receivers, but he is not a good enough player to compensate for his baggage.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1ml View Post
    Just another example of people seeing a name and thinking "Hey, we could use the guy" instead of thinking...."If he is so good, why did they get rid of him"........

A number of playoff-bound teams could use a boost at wideout, but Edwards is unlikely to receive any interest as he nurses shoulder and knee injuries. After bombing so spectacularly while playing on a one-year, $1 million deal with the 49ers, it's fair to wonder if Edwards will receive any guaranteed offers this offseason. Dec 28 - 5:20 PM
    Braylon Edwards - San Francisco 49ers - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Seriously, when you get beat out by the likes of Kyle Williams and Delayne Walker, its time to start looking for either another line of work or a GM who only brings in people cause he recognizes their name.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Just another example of people seeing a name and thinking "Hey, we could use the guy" instead of thinking...."If he is so good, why did they get rid of him"........

Braylon Edwards - San Francisco 49ers - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Seriously, when you get beat out by the likes of Kyle Williams and Delayne Walker, its time to start looking for either another line of work or a GM who only brings in people cause he recognizes their name.
    I gotta believe the same thing goes on everywhere marrdro.
    Here in Chicago, there were a number of hacks on the radio and in print, along with callers on sports talk that thought picking up Donovan would be a good move for the Bears after the Vikings let him go. I don't know if any of them watched him play the past 2 yrs. Every time a washed up big name player is cut there will be a contingent who believes he can still bring back the old magic and help their team.

Braylon was cut by a team already thin at wide receiver heading into the playoffs. It should tell you something.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 12-29-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast