Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    When you can convince me that cutting Rosenfels was not a total mistake and could have provided Ponder with some experience behind him when he struggled I'd like to HEAR IT... It was a monumental failure to cut Sage and a total brain fart by Speilman.. Webb looked totally silly out there.... It was embarrassing and of course had to happen playing the Peckers.
    Because Rosenfels was a joke 4 years ago. Now he's a washed up joke. I'd rather see Jeff George make the comeback... It was god-awful don't get me wrong, but there's no way we win that game with Rosenfels, or Frerotte , or George or any other has-been.

On a side note, is it too late to move Joe back to WR?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    This was nothing more than the FO pukes and coaching staff doing what was mandated by the "Ownership Group" and that was to develop a young team at the lowest possible cost.

Once the Stadium deal was finally finished, decisions going into 2013 would then be made on continuing down that path by spending a bit more on FA both from the in house and external kind.

In short, they rolled the dice hoping that we could be competitive with Ponder as the starter (while he learned) and that he would make it through the whole season. Sucks he didn't make it the full year, but hey, most of you chuckleheads didn't think they would win more than a few games this year anyways so why are you beeeeyyyyyaaaatching now?

From what I can find on this site, only me and one other person have the right to complain about not having a backup QB for a playoff game because we were the only 2 that thought he would be needed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    This was nothing more than the FO pukes and coaching staff doing what was mandated by the "Ownership Group" and that was to develop a young team at the lowest possible cost.

Once the Stadium deal was finally finished, decisions going into 2013 would then be made on continuing down that path by spending a bit more on FA both from the in house and external kind.

In short, they rolled the dice hoping that we could be competitive with Ponder as the starter (while he learned) and that he would make it through the whole season. Sucks he didn't make it the full year, but hey, most of you chuckleheads didn't think they would win more than a few games this year anyways so why are you beeeeyyyyyaaaatching now?

From what I can find on this site, only me and one other person have the right to complain about not having a backup QB for a playoff game because we were the only 2 that thought he would be needed.
    Well, I think we can rule you out as well....

Another good decision right along with the Jefferson move. What was Sage giving us?

Guaranteed wins? Don't think so, this team is a team under development. There is no more room to develop Sage.

Help in the "Develop the young QB's" area? Again, don't think so. Coaches coach, players play.

IMHO its time to jettison some of our other older declining players while we can get something for them and add to the talent pool next year and keep building this team the way it should be.

Follow on question still remains. We have lots of young talent with potential but do we have the coaches to exploit that potential.

Our first game this weekend should give us a good insight into that question.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Hasn't thrown a single pass since 2008,
    To be fair he played behind Farve in 2009 and Eli Manning in 2010 and 2011 and had he been on the roster my guess is he would have thrown one this year in the playoffs instead of Webb.
    Granted he is not HOF material by any stretch of the imagination but no sane person could truly believe Webb was the better one to backup Ponder rather than Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Well, I think we can rule you out as well....
    How does that even equate? The first one talks about having the right to complain about not having a viable backup.

The next one talks about getting rid of Sage and adding a good backup.
    Another good decision right along with the Jefferson move. What was Sage giving us?

Guaranteed wins? Don't think so, this team is a team under development. There is no more room to develop Sage.

Help in the "Develop the young QB's" area? Again, don't think so. Coaches coach, players play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    When you can convince me that cutting Rosenfels was not a total mistake and could have provided Ponder with some experience behind him when he struggled I'd like to HEAR IT... It was a monumental failure to cut Sage and a total brain fart by Speilman.. Webb looked totally silly out there.... It was embarrassing and of course had to happen playing the Peckers.

Rosenfels doesn't win that game against the cheesedicks either.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

How does that even equate?

The next one talks about getting rid of Sage and adding a good backup.

?

Where in there do you see anything remotely suggesting we add a good backup?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    ?

Where in there do you see anything remotely suggesting we add a good backup?
    and add to the talent pool
    Do I have to repost the whole post?.....

Do I have to repost the whole post?.....
    Nope, just the rest of that sentence & not the 6 words you cherry picked. Here it is again

IMHO its time to jettison some of our other older declining players while we can get something for them and add to the talent pool next year and keep building this team the way it should be.
    You're referring to trading off some of our OTHER older talent while they still hold value & using those picks to replace them with younger talent. None of that has to do with Sage. He's already cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12