Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Brass must take blame for lack of a backup plan

Vikings brass must take blame for lack of a backup plan

Bob Sansevere: Vikings brass must take blame for lack of a backup plan - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brass must take blame for lack of a backup plan

Seem those of us questioning that earlier in the season were told that the brass knew what they were doing and that we shouldn't question them on it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I love how the pendulum swings from "Front Office are morons for not starting Webb over Ponder" to "Front Office are moron for not having a better backup plan than Webb..."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Name me the teams that have a less experienced backups at qb then the Vikings? As soon as it was announced Ponder was not starting , THE GAME WAS OVER... PERIOD.

We now know why the Vikings would not toss in Webb when Ponder struggled mid season. If he looked anything in practices like Saturday night, I would have been looking for Joe Kapp to come play one more game. instead of that total bum wanna be Webb...

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    When you can convince me that cutting Rosenfels was not a total mistake and could have provided Ponder with some experience behind him when he struggled I'd like to HEAR IT... It was a monumental failure to cut Sage and a total brain fart by Speilman.. Webb looked totally silly out there.... It was embarrassing and of course had to happen playing the Peckers.

iowa is offline Rookie
    As bad as Webb looked you gotta' admit that Musgrave didn't call plays that took advantage of Webb's running ability.After the first series they tried to make him a pocket passer, something he definately is not.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Everyone loves the guy that's not playing.
    Rosenfels got 12 starts in 11 years and had nearly as many picks as TDs. Hasn't thrown a single pass since 2008, and no other team picked him up even with all the injuries during the year.
    Obviously in hindsight anything is better than what we got from Webb, but who knew he would be that bad?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I agree with virtually everything he wrote.

Caine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I love how the pendulum swings from "Front Office are morons for not starting Webb over Ponder" to "Front Office are moron for not having a better backup plan than Webb..."
    Hopefully that was not directed at me since I believe we had this discussion earlier and one of the points I made was that it would be a good idea to find out what Webb was capable of so we knew whether they should keep him or find a different backup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    but who knew he would be that bad?
    I believe that was the job of the coaches and FO to figure out before we got to the playoffs and needed him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast