COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Brant's Predictions

NFL.com Gil Brant had the followng to say about the Vikings:
    Minnesota Vikings
    The Vikings had the fourth-ranked offense in 2004 but the 28th-ranked defense, giving up 395 points. The defense produced only 11 interceptions last season and needs to create takeaways like it did in 2003, when it had 28 picks. The unit should be helped by the additions of cornerback Fred Smoot through free agency, linebacker Napoleon Harris by trade and defensive end Erasmus James in the draft. The Vikings lost two very good offensive players with the trade of Randy Moss to the Raiders and the season-long suspension of running back Onterrio Smith. The return of tight end Jim Kleinsasser, who missed all but one game last year, should help the running game, which was ranked fourth in 2003 but dropped to 18th last season. Steve Loney takes over as offensive coordinator and he will try very hard to bring the running game back to where it was prior to 2003, but the Vikings need center Matt Birk to be healthy. Like the Packers, the Vikings play tough out-of-division road games, traveling to Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina and Baltimore.

Here's his predictions:
    NFC playoff teams: Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Minnesota and Philadelphia

Leading passer: Daunte Culpepper, Minnesota

Leading rusher: Julius Jones, Dallas

Receptions leader: Joe Horn, New Orleans

Rookie of the Year: Cedric Benson, Chicago

NFC MVP: Culpepper

Want more??? Go to http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8606541 for his NFL Previews
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brant's Predictions

Wasn't this already posted under some other title? The predictions look alot like something that I saw a few weeks ago...no way Julius Jones leads the league in rushing...not so sure about Joe Horn leading in receiptions, either!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

11 interceptions, thats painful! Oh well...here's to more this year! It also seems to me that most people are picking Daunte as leading passer, I think it's a good pick, but I hope it's not the kiss of death!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Wasn't this already posted under some other title? The predictions look alot like something that I saw a few weeks ago...no way Julius Jones leads the league in rushing...not so sure about Joe Horn leading in receiptions, either!
    http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11545