Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Short

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Brandon Short

Would be an upgrade over crockett but i dont think brandon short would cut it for us. I could be wrong but for some reason im not sold on this guy. Not to mention i didnt hear his name a lot.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Brandon Short

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hawaiianvike21

Would be an upgrade over crockett but i dont think brandon short would cut it for us. I could be wrong but for some reason im not sold on this guy. Not to mention i didnt hear his name a lot.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What is so great about our linebackers vikeman. E.J. is still young, though talented, Claiborne is talented but was iinjured alot last year. Nick Rogers is raw and has been moved to end I believe. Nattiel, showed flashes of skill but is undersized. Crockett is done, Raonall Smith has done nothing, Biekert is retiring most likely. D.J. is a playmaker, he is athletic, big, fast and has good instincts. He would start immediately. Depth is needed at linebacker and should be addressed in the first 3 rounds. No real reason why not the first, cept if smith or Udeze are there.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Brandon Short

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hawaiianvike21

What is so great about our linebackers vikeman. E.J. is still young, though talented, Claiborne is talented but was iinjured alot last year. Nick Rogers is raw and has been moved to end I believe. Nattiel, showed flashes of skill but is undersized. Crockett is done, Raonall Smith has done nothing, Biekert is retiring most likely. D.J. is a playmaker, he is athletic, big, fast and has good instincts. He would start immediately. Depth is needed at linebacker and should be addressed in the first 3 rounds. No real reason why not the first, cept if smith or Udeze are there.

Stallion, you are right on here. Vikeman, OLB is as much a pressing need as DE. We have 2 starting level LB's right now. Henderson and Claiborne...that's it. Stallion nailed this one with everything he said. If we don't address either of these positions before the draft, we need to move up in the draft to get Udeze or Smith. If we don't, we need to make sure we get DJ or Dansby. I like that scenario better. The likelihood of picking up one of the 2 backers at #19, and then getting Hill or Babin in the 2nd round is more realistic than getting a quality OLB in the 2nd round.

sig courtesy of PPE

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Brandon Short

Nick Rodgers was our starting outside linebacker for the final 4 games of the season last year, replacing Crockett, and he did a wonderful job there, bringing the speed and ability that we were missing as our defense allowed an average of 14 pts a game. He is even listed as a OLB on the roster. I can't believe you guys didn't know that....

Mike Nattiel did show a lot of signs of being a good Linebacker when he came in, and will be a good back-up. I'd expect Crockett to be released after June 1st, if he isn't off the team already. I would like for us to draft a guy like Karlos Dansby in the second if he is there, or someone else on the first day or early second day. Just so we have some extra depth. We need a DE WAY more than a LB, as we have 3 starters there, but pending Mixon's court case, we don't have any at DE.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Brandon Short

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Nick Rodgers was our starting outside linebacker for the final 4 games of the season last year, replacing Crockett, and he did a wonderful job there, bringing the speed and ability that we were missing as our defense allowed an average of 14 pts a game. He is even listed as a OLB on the roster. I can't believe you guys didn't know that....

Mike Nattiel did show a lot of signs of being a good Linebacker when he came in, and will be a good back-up. I'd expect Crockett to be released after June 1st, if he isn't off the team already. I would like for us to draft a guy like Karlos Dansby in the second if he is there, or someone else on the first day or early second day. Just so we have some extra depth. We need a DE WAY more than a LB, as we have 3 starters there, but pending Mixon's court case, we don't have any at DE.

I am very well aware of that, but if you have been keeping up, they are going to move him up into the DE rotation. I agree, he did pretty good, but he did miss some assignments, and I feel he is better suited as a situational player. Don't get me wrong, I am very high on both him and Nattiel, but I don't feel either of them are starting material at the OLB position. If we draft DJ or Dansby, put either of them at the SAM and move Claiborne to the WILL.

I will side with you on, if I had to choose just one more upgrade, it would be a DE.

sig courtesy of PPE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Brandon Short

No kidding vikeman. All I am saying is that a good linebackers is still a very real need for this team. If for some reson we stay put at 19 and Smith/Udeze are gone, the D.J. would be a great pick. DEspite signing MArcus Robinson I would still like then to draft a WR in the first or second depending on how things play out.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Brandon Short

Nick Rodgers played excellent ball last season as a LB, and he played excellently 2 seasons ago too... With not having even 1 DE, and with the way things look Free Agents are going to the Draft, and possible Cuts June First (Hey! We could get Joe Johnson! j/k) I would feel extremely uneasy if we didn't draft a DE, even if we had to reach a little a bit...
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Brandon Short

just to throw a loop in here, tony brackins is still out there, isn't he?
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Brandon Short

I think that unless Smith or Udeze is there at the #19 pick (which I doubt they will be) then D.J. Williams would be the way to go. He would help out the pass rush as well as the coverage and stopping the run. Williams can always move back to end, and what about Johnstone, I didn't think he was that bad, with 10 sacks, even though he's pretty weak against the run. I think it'd be stupid to waste the #19 pick on a player like Odom, might as well trade down and get something else for it.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Brandon Short

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Nick Rodgers played excellent ball last season as a LB, and he played excellently 2 seasons ago too... With not having even 1 DE, and with the way things look Free Agents are going to the Draft, and possible Cuts June First (Hey! We could get Joe Johnson! j/k) I would feel extremely uneasy if we didn't draft a DE, even if we had to reach a little a bit...

If we reach a little bit it would be well worth it. I hope we trade up to get uchehze or however you spell his name. Well worth it to get him. IMO.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast